Archived Changing The /name Color

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

FireFan96

A miserable little pile of secrets
Staff member
Lore
Reaction score
Faction
Drachovia
So /name is pretty nifty. It makes it so Premiums don't spend 1 xp level on naming items, which can really help with making RP items. I just have one problem:

904fcd3305e7a3131a0a1265ae61a7b9.png

The issue is that the /name and /lore items are the exact same color. This isn't that surprising, since the Premium tag is orange as well, so it's basically the Premium color. It's just that, from a purely aesthetic standpoint, that that much orange not around Halloween is just, ugly as heck.

So I thought: maybe there's a color code that isn't reserved for lore items that might be viable, and lo and behold, I found the only one:

4751490771cdda37e19f5b225ee8bac8.png

The sea green color code, or &3, is currently not used in the tier list of items (white, green, yellow, purple, and dark blue(&9)) And it is far enough from these colors to not be easily mistaken for an enchanted item or a strict IC item.

So why change the color to this? Well, it definitely makes the player lore items look a little more nicer. Especially since now the lore text wouldn't be identical. And that's.... basically it. Just a way to reduce the eyesore that is too much of one color on a non-enchanted item.

So like it? Hate it? comment below :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like the idea of non-italic lore items. Color wise, they're clearly not "official", but look nice next to other lore items. Definitely something I'd get premium for.

Also, the blue-green and orange have a nice contrast.

Actually, I'd really just prefer the default colors for that book, i.e. blue for enchanted, white italics for normal items, etc. But really, I'd prefer pretty much anything other than the current color :P

Italic is used for name that are not official in any way. When you rename in an anvil it is italic. We will keep italic for player renames to easily distance it from lore names. The colour however, can be changed.