Bulwurk Admist The Waters

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by FatDumplingGrace, Apr 1, 2023.

Tags:
  1. FatDumplingGrace

FatDumplingGrace Refugee

Staring out of the long awaited purple glass window pane, the Fin’ullen took a few steps away from the window, where an old, tired raven preening its feathers, sat on the window-sill. Freedom of expression, or freedom of flight? She had felt so disconnected from her stance as a Fin’ullen, most Fin’ullens after all dabbled in Demons, and she had moved away from that point-of-view. She saw the carnage demons could inflict on mortals, wrap their minds and change them. She saw the greed and brutality of the Ordial Temple, as they trashed and burned the library, kidnapped several members of her own family, and her mind wandered. Could she protect them better? Could she be there for them, not as a Fin’ullen, but as an Urlan instead? Her mind then wandered to the conversation she had with Tarlok, how in his views, Bulkwurk Archon were less worthy than traditional Urlan. She also remembered his personal story, about the life of Muu. She felt a pang of regret for a person who she never even met, about how they ran from one life-changing action to the next without thought or care, and ended up regretting it in the end. She was happy, however, as an Archon, that much was clear, but however, as a Fin’ullen? No. She would never be happy with herself, comfortable with herself, or feel..at home.

While staring outside at the inky night sky, a fresh rain had fallen, massive dewdrops littered the Elven District with a fresh scent of grass, the small pond nearby, teeming with frogs and crickets that chirp in the night. A deep breath was had, that slowly exhaled into the far distance, gripping the railing with white knuckles. She was ready, ready for whatever came at her, ready for the ridicule and harassment. The calls that she wasn’t a Neflin anymore, but maybe she never had been. Extending a hand, she called proudly to the deep night sky.

“Valerius, Dragon of Change! Hear your worshippers' prayer! In this midnight hour, I call upon you, the Dragon of Change, to heed my request. Take me into your all-mighty fold, so I can fight and protect those who I need to protect. Let me cast away the shed of my all-mighty dignity, so that I may be born anew, and when the time comes, join the ranks as a true Urlan, so that I may get the blessings of your kin. Regulus, All-Mighty Lightning Dragon, accepts my change from the Crown Witch to be born anew, blessed under the cold night breeze. I shall not waver, I shall not falter-” And, for the last time, the Fin’ullen threw her hands in the air. “-AND I SHALL NOT SURRENDER. NO KNEELING ANYMORE UNDER THE LOTHAR’S BOOTHEEL, I SHALL BE RENEWED. A PROUD BULKWURK AMONG THE RANKS OF THE ALMIGHTY!”

@HeyoBiggums

• Friendly Friendly x 2