Archived Breathing Life Into The Pvp Community

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshy54100

☑ rekt ☐ not rekt
Reaction score
Faction
Deldrimor
A few ideas I had (Some ideas are taken from other servers actually, but I think they would be a lot of fun in MassiveCraft)

1. King of the Hill events, held on weekends or monthly, where there is a special warzone area with, a central capture zone with surrounding warzone claims. Faction members cannot hurt each other, but allies CAN. Stand in the capture zone (1 chunk area) for 15 minutes uninterrupted and get rewards like regals, rare items, and event specific items, plus the loot from the other faction's PvPers you presumably killed to win.

2. PvP Tournaments. The last tournament @Imboring56 hosted was very fun, but if the staff helped to make it more structured it would reduce cheaters and improve overall quality.

3. A spot where factions continuously fight over, like a ruined city (similar to Osgiliath):P. Factions can claim land of the other factions here based on power, and the more chunks you control the better rewards you get over time.

Please, feel free to let me know what you think and WHY (constructive) you think it below.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Stop the Flame guys, get back on track. Anyways, I liked the idea of a Domination type of thing for Factions and yes, maybe every 24 hours the faction would get a reward and the reward increases each day. The more land they claim the higher rate of rewards per day they have; I was thinking maybe a big map of an old city, similar to those Game of Thrones maps, or Assasin Creed maps. Why? Well, these maps are great for PvP with crowded houses, narrow alleys and many vantage points and great for roof-running as well. Just some ideas, take a look at stuff like this:

Here

Here

Here

Here

Just an idea that I thought of when reading the 1st page. For those who have played Guild Wars 2 this idea is based is a little off their WvWvW Battleground.

I'm not sure if this is possible but I think it would be cool with a new map claimed by warzone.
This map could contain several cities, strongholds, forts and villages that could be captured by factions in a domination type manner.
This map would need 4 peaceful spawn areas in NE, NW, SE and SW to prevent spawncamping.

To make sure that people are not running around alone capping everything, guards could be created with either Massivemobs or NPCs and they will attack anyone not in the owning faction, making it harder to capture bigger, more awarding structures without a large army or strong warriors.

To make this more awarding for the players different structures could give dominant factions a bonus amount of exp or regal gain from slaying mobs in the other worlds based on the tier and amount of dominated locations (example: village could give +1% XP whilst a city gives +5% XP and +4r).
Maybe a reward of a random voting item could be given to the factions online players when they capture a new location.

To reduce lag i suggest that mobspawning except massivemobs is turned off and that they only spawn in set areas (domination locations)

I also recommend that Item drops are disabled to get as many people as possible to join in without the fear of losing their stuff. Aswell as getting moved from this world upon logout so that you can't spawn inside the greatest structures domination area upon login.
Disabling ender pearls would be a good idea to make sure that people have to fight their way to the domination area.

The world should be reset every week so that a powerful faction doesn't just take the highest rewarding location and then hold it forever.
Neutral locations should have guards just like occupied locations so that it is a challenge to take control of these.
Killing an enemy in this world could give your faction a "Faction Wars" Currency that can be used to upgrade Guards in your occupied areas, thus giving a suitable reward instead of item drops.

Adding this may also decrease the amount of minor factions crowding MassiveCraft since the best way to gain the reward buffs is by being in a big faction that is powerful enough to hold several areas.
EDIT:
Moving this Comment to Feature & Idea Discussion thread here: http://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/faction-wars.17009/

Last edited:
Bringing this idea from [XvM]'s thread, as it seems to fit better here. :P

This is regarding the city people constantly fight over.
  • Mods work a little hard, and create a really huge city in one of the worlds.
  • The region is a WarZone, and has bases that can be claimed by factions instead of players.
  • There are bases the size of apartments on the poor district, and some up to three floors, so the prices vary.
  • Here's the important thing:
Every owned base has a flag near it, and there are many other flags around the city. The flag can be a sign like those in Regalian houses, but players are able to break them, and replace it with their own flag.

Once a faction is able to conquer all flag in the city, a counter will start. If they manage to hold every flag in place for 24 hours, their faction wins a reward of something like 100R. If a flag is broken before the 24hours, the timer will go back to zero, and wait until a faction conquers all flags again.

With this, it would be necessary to build this said city, make a plugin for this flag system, and create those rentable regions.

I hope you guys like this idea. c:

Bringing this idea from [XvM]'s thread, as it seems to fit better here. :P

This is regarding the city people constantly fight over.
  • Mods work a little hard, and create a really huge city in one of the worlds.
  • The region is a WarZone, and has bases that can be claimed by factions instead of players.
  • There are bases the size of apartments on the poor district, and some up to three floors, so the prices vary.
  • Here's the important thing:
Every owned base has a flag near it, and there are many other flags around the city. The flag can be a sign like those in Regalian houses, but players are able to break them, and replace it with their own flag.

Once a faction is able to conquer all flag in the city, a counter will start. If they manage to hold every flag in place for 24 hours, their faction wins a reward of something like 100R. If a flag is broken before the 24hours, the timer will go back to zero, and wait until a faction conquers all flags again.

With this, it would be necessary to build this said city, make a plugin for this flag system, and create those rentable regions.

I hope you guys like this idea. c:
That would be really hard and demanding for a faction to only get a 100r reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.