• Character Sheets are optional on MassiveCraft. You do not need a sheet to play or be whitelisted on our server. You only need a sheet if you plan to engage in roleplay combat.

Played Character Bram Severijn [The Wyld Walker]

This character is actively played.

CanniBard

Beggar
Reaction score
-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
· · ─────── ˃̶༒˂̶ ─────── · ·

1724618301608.webp
Ailor / Anglian
Age 23 | He/Him
Undeclared (Ex-Unionist)
Botanist

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"The line between passion and obsession is thinner than a thorn, but just as sharp."

IMG_1105.jpeg

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Core Concept

Once a sheltered, cowardly student of the cloth, now a wandering botanist working on an herbarium of natural anomalies.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

7cfaf8a5ef1959809556ea0a43e301738c657580.gif

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Appearance

Against the backdrop of vibrant cultures and races, Bram is simply unremarkable in comparison. His cropped brown hair drapes alongside his pale, freckled face, inquisitive green eyes dancing about his surroundings. The skittish Ailor speaks with a stammer yet has no trouble ranting about his passions to whoever cares to listen. His tall, lanky limbs aid little in his coordination, always sporting a new bruise or gash of his own design.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

24ee3fe0ee53386fd78b8afa5ac50b00fdca4539.gifv.webp.webp

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Skills

Bram is hopelessly devoted to the study of natural sciences, focusing on the role magic plays in rapid evolution. His myriad of knowledge includes a variety of flora and fauna, their history and uses, and how to avoid being killed by them. Currently, Bram aims to compile an herbarium of natural anomalies to grow his understanding and to hopefully solve his own dilemmas…

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

IMG_1106.jpeg

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Backstory

Born and raised in an isolated convent of a small Unionist community, Bram had no other path in life than to follow his father in priesthood. Despite such destiny, he struggled to commit to scripture and rituals, lagging behind his unimpressed peers. He found his true calling in the fascinating flora around his home, escaping expectations through research. And that's how Bram spent his many years of solitude: watching plants grow alongside him as his only source of fulfillment.

As a young adult, Bram's quest for knowledge had long since overshadowed his duties, but the scope of his research was infuriatingly limited. His restlessness led him to forbidden sections of the library where smuggled books whispered of magical mutations and wyld woods. Their words invaded his waking thoughts and deepest sleep, his dreams overgrown with bizarre nature so vivid and true could prick himself on a thorn. It was all the more surprising when he awoke with blood still on his finger.

It took Bram way too long to notice, or maybe it was the denial, but it was becoming ever clearer that Bram had, in plain terms, fu**** up. From the thorn-prick in his dream, a stream of thin but notable roots had sprung, merging with the pathways of his veins, snaking towards his arm. Creeping. Moving. His physical health was fine, his mental, not so much, and his decline didn't go unnoticed. A high-priest was summoned to evaluate Bram's behavior and ultimately decide his future in the convent. Bram remembers his scattered footsteps echoing down the hall, the shake in his hands as he reaches the door handle, the priest's sour expression. Bram blinks…

His robes are wet. His mouth tastes of iron. The priest is at his feet. The floor is red.

He never looked back. He couldn't. All Bram knew for sure was that someone was dead and the blood on his robes wasn't his. So, he fled, leaving behind the only place he'd ever known. But why did this happen? Better yet, how? If he wanted answers, he'd have to face this alien world head-on, maybe documenting a couple plants along the way.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

406da4e84f4f300dce116bc67791c114ff82741f.gif

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Plot Hooks

The Botanist

With his affinity for all things nature, Bram understands the properties and applications of many different plants, as well as plants not commonly found in published books. Bram would love nothing more than to yap about the findings in his upcoming herbarium of natural anomalies.

Curiosity & the Cat
Bram isn't strong. He isn't intimidating. What he does have is an unwavering commitment to the pursuit of knowledge. Despite the trouble his curiosity has gotten him in, his intellect will always seek the most creative way out. A bit of dumb luck helps too.

On The Run
A high Unionist priest was murdered. Coincidently, Bram went missing the same night. Bram swears to have no memory of committing such an act, despite awakening post-murder covered in blood that wasn't his. There must be a way to prove his innocence... right?

Ventra's Blessing
Behind curious eyes and practiced pleasantries, something sinister lurks within Bram. Those most in-tuned with voidal energy may notice a darkness that permeates his very aura. What would it take for that something, or someone to reach the surface?

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

1725983874339.webp

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Monster Invocation

It does not speak, for it has no face. It does not falter, for it is evergreen. It does not fear, for it is fear.​

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The Wyld Walker
Beast of Thorn and Bone

url.jpg

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." - Stephen King

Born from a twisted blessing of Ventra, Bram's monstrous form exists as a sprawling network of thorny vines lurking beneath a cage of bone and muscle. These semi-sentient vines, nicknamed "Stekeltje" (Stay-cull-jeh), live in turbulent symbiosis with its human host, often acting beyond Bram's control for its own best interests. Triggered by intense emotion, fear, or danger, an eruption of vines blossom from the host's flesh, tearing at the remaining visages of humanity strip by bloody strip. Stekeltje thrives on the blood it spills, growing with wild abandon until only a gnarled skeleton remains tangled within its grasp. It's true form beyond human, beyond reason; a writhing mass of blood-red tendrils and tooth-white spines.

1725981995280.webp

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-​

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Stats

Combat Proficiencies and Abilities
Attack Stat: Magic
Defense Stat: Intelligence
[14/14 points spent]
Proficiency Points:
  • Strength: 0​
  • Constitution: 0​
    • Status Endure (free)​
  • Intelligence: 5​
    • Wardrobe​
    • Mindcontrol​
    • Shapeshift​
    • Safeguard​
    • (Pending...)​
  • Wisdom: 2​
    • Chem Bang Pack​
    • Technique Parry​
  • Dexterity: 0​
    • Escape Artist (free)​
  • Faith: 0​
  • Magic: 7 [Void]​
  • Monster Invocation
  • Snare​
  • Disengage​
  • Barrier​
  • Curse​
  • Shove​
  • Reduce​

Last edited:
I like this! My first character had sort of a similar situation, where he did actually accidentally kill someone and ran away out of guilt,and so his time in Regalia was spent trying to redeem his honor so he could return home.

A bit of advice that I would give from that experience is to include some "hooks" in your everyday-RP to give the OOC hint that something isn't right, to encourage other characters to pry. And maybe even allow the character himself to occasionally talk about it or to let something slip. The mistake I made with my guy was that he was a very shy, very normal dude that was extremely tight-lipped about that part of his past. Which is fine for a character in a story, but left little room for interaction in-RP.

Hope you have fun!

I like this! My first character had sort of a similar situation, where he did actually accidentally kill someone and ran away out of guilt,and so his time in Regalia was spent trying to redeem his honor so he could return home.

A bit of advice that I would give from that experience is to include some "hooks" in your everyday-RP to give the OOC hint that something isn't right, to encourage other characters to pry. And maybe even allow the character himself to occasionally talk about it or to let something slip. The mistake I made with my guy was that he was a very shy, very normal dude that was extremely tight-lipped about that part of his past. Which is fine for a character in a story, but left little room for interaction in-RP.

Hope you have fun!

Fantastic advice! Thanks so much <3

Backstory, plot hooks, and hobbies have been updated, now with relevant lore applications! Will this need to be approved?

Hey, Canni. I love the underlying mystery you added to Bram's plot. It creates intrigue for potential RP right out of the gate. And you do not need this app reviewed by staff to start playing, that is optional.

The only thing I would change here is the proficiency allocation. You can only invest 7 points in any proficiency, (with one exception for true mage). So as long as you take out two points from Magic and then reallocate them in Intelligence or Wisdom, you should be good to go!

Someone got a makeoverrrr

Edits (minor):
- Remembered what formatting is. More pictures!
- Overall writing edits and fixed backstory.
- Readjusted stats. Thanks Daniel!

Coming Up Next: Monster Appearance and Lore

Updated Plot Hook: Monster Invocation

New section with small details on Bram's monster form for future rp encounters! Subject to change as developments unfold icly. Thanks to all who have given me excuses to utilize it so far! <3