Archived Bounties

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Gumee

Flywater Fanatic
Reaction score
Faction
Vanos
Roleplay Guilds
The Jade Sun
Personally, I think bounties would be a refreshing addition to the PvP community of MassiveCraft. Not only would it offer more motivation for PvP, it could help cycle money through the continously inflating market. It'd also be a fun pass time for all the people who constantly ask in ally chat "any raids?".

Here's a rough outline for how a bounty plugin could work. It starts with the patron placing the bounty (For example with a command /bounty <Name> <Price>). Then the bounty would appear in an "avaliable bounties" list accessable with a command like "/bounty list". This could either be some sort of gui that organizes bounties by price, faction, etc, or it could just be a list like "/t l". After the bounty is placed, it's avalible to bounty hunters whom are rewarded the money on kill. In terms of economics, perhaps when a bounty is placed there could be a fee/tax. Now this could be a fixed amount, like 100 regals. However, I'd recommend the fee be something like 15% of the bounty itself. So if i place a 100r bounty, it'll cost me 15 regals. If I place a 10000 bounty it'll be a cost a bit more, at 150r. This makes placing bounties a bit more affordable for all ranges of wealth. Also, bounties would stack, so if I put 100r on someone, and my friend puts 100r on them as well, then the current bounty of them would be 200r.

Ideas to play around with:
So, if you'd like to get a little bit more in depth, perhaps bounties could only be collected if you decapitate the player. This could lead to traits like "BountyExpert" that increase the chance of a head drop or "BountyResistant" that decrease the chance. The choice to include a feature where the player has to accept a bounty is also an option. Perhaps doing /bounty inspect <Player> you could see the current bounty on them as well as who's accepted their bounty (if it's decided to go down that road). Finally, if you'd like to explore the pay to win possibilities, this gives more potential premium perks. (The ability to take or place bounties, the ability to add bounty hunter related traits like the potential head dropping ones, etc).

Food for thought.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wouldn't it be more sense to make the fee equal to or more than the reward? You don't want something that'll conjure money from nothing, and the point of a fee is to discourage people from putting high marks on people for luls?

Fun idea. This was implemented before. However there is an unavoidable flaw to it.
>Be cash loaded pvp noob
>set bounty to slay your enemy that keeps wrecking you
>enemy gets a friend to kill him and split the bounty
>your enemy & his friend just got free money from you
>you cri

If setting bounties is something you want to do, best hire a mercenary to go kill your target and 'bring you his head'.
I'm sure most PvPers would love to offer their service for regals.

Similarly to EVE online, "people" will generally just agree to be killed and split the price with whomever they gave the free kill to. Unlike EVE online, people die with high frequency on Massive in raiding, there isn't a single person who can survive a month without dying and then boast about having a high bounty and be undefeated. The entire factor that usually prevents people from just cashing in their own bounty themselves doesn't exist in Massive/Minecraft. We've had a bounty plugin before but it was removed after "people" just started trolling the people they had bounties put on by, by getting a friend in an enemy faction to kill them and split the bounty and then taunt the person like "lolthx for the cash".

I don't think there is a feasible future in any bounty plugin because of the above.