Archived Block: Ice, Game Mechanic Change.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qeusk

Ovbir
Reaction score
As we all know Massivecraft has slightly different game mechanics to vanilla minecraft, I am creating this post to ask if ice blocks could be edited slightly so that when broken with fists it changes in to water, just like vanilla minecraft. This is nothing big but I think it would be quite useful when working on big projects in which involve a large quantity of water.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is a good idea... but the admins have some better things to work on. Such as the race plugin. More races or snow mechanic? You choose.

I was hoping that this would litterally be able to be achieved by simply typing a single word in the code or something, I am aware of how busy the massivecraft team are, plus there is no rush anyway.

You can do that to ice normally. All you need to do is place the ice on a block, then break it, it should turn into water. That, or place a torch next to it/light source, then it definitely would melt into water.

I clearly said once broken with fists it would turn in to water, it would still be obtainable by a pickaxe.
That is harder to do than you think.
You can do that to ice normally. All you need to do is place the ice on a block, then break it, it should turn into water. That, or place a torch next to it/light source, then it definitely would melt into water.
Chron has the right idea. Melting it would do the job just fine.

You can already turn ice into water by hitting it with a fishing rod. Why would you need to use your fists?
Thanks I was not aware of this, however doesn't this require a certain mcmmo fishing level, maybe people who don't have the required mcmmo fishing level should have access to this very basic minecraft feature.

Woops doesn't work looks like left clicking or right clicking an ice block with a fishing rod dosen't turn it into water.

Thanks I was not aware of this, however doesn't this require a certain mcmmo fishing level, maybe people who don't have the required mcmmo fishing level should have access to this very basic minecraft feature.

No it doesn't. At least I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Just hit ice with the fishing rod from above it and it should work no matter the level.

It wouldn't be like real life, which is somewhat the goal. When you break ice no matter your time zone, it doesn't immediately turn into water, and it will shatter in which you can hold onto for a bit. Also, I enjoy being able to just obtain it, you can actually DO something with something supposedly worthless and annoying.

You know what I bet its due to mcmmo being so messed up at the moment.

The required mcmmo level for ice fishing (the skill which turns ice into water) is 50. I dont think that should be a problem to achieve. even if you dont have that level im sure there are plenty of people who do and which you could ask to do it for you.

The required mcmmo level for ice fishing (the skill which turns ice into water) is 50. I dont think that should be a problem to achieve. even if you dont have that level im sure there are plenty of people who do and which you could ask to do it for you.
I have beyond the required level, it isnt working atm you try it for your self.

Then do it the old way. Pour lava out over it, and watch it all melt (and turn into stone & cobblestone)

Status
Not open for further replies.