Battle Of The Pointy Black End

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Apr 9, 2015.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

The Battle of the Pointy Black End
    [​IMG]
    It was hard for the Regalians to imagine the war raging on, yet thousands of soldiers clashed with each other in far away lands on shores never even seen by the many citizens in the Holy city. More and more states joined into the conflict that started taking ever greater proportions, yet the biggest surprise was yet to come from the Orcs which had finally reached the center of the conflict. In the past years, Dwarves had been working with Human engineers and Orc crafters to produce the Orc Dredge Fleet, a mobile force fueled by Regalian coal, Dwarven engineering and Orc explosives. The Dredge fleet, while moving slow, required little rations resupplying due to it's grotesque size. The fleet sailed around Regalia trough Hadar, blacking out the sun on several islands before arriving at the southern part of Farahdeen near the city of Aftalasah. The battle that was about to transpire was named by the Orcs "Battle of the Pointy Black End", and it came not a moment too soon. The Regalian war effort in Calipehene was failing, the Regalian army being numerically overpowered by the Qadir.

The Orcs opened up a second front on the Qadir side by invading the Pasha directly, the dredge fleet closing in on the coast at a crawl's pace. The entire fleet was covered in a sandstorm, or at least what looked like a sandstorm from a far until they were at the coastal defenses covering the sand dunes before the city. Suddenly the black iron smoke stacks rose up from the smokes covering the fleet, the towers themselves grotesquely large. Almost reaching the size of a small church tower, Orcs sat at the top as lookouts, and various platforms were attached to the sides of the smoke stack with Dwarves moving around them to try and hold the whole thing together while the ships shuddered and groaned from the stress on the metal.

When the Qadir realized the sandstorm was in fact the fleet covered in coal smoke, it was already too late as the Orc cannons bellowed their rain of destruction on the coastal defenses and even shelling the city in the distance. The first shell hit one of the Qadir temples, ironically exploding the foundations of the spire and causing the sun disk to come crashing down on the faithful below. Terror broke out in the city and the soldiers rushed to the defense of what was to be one of the most confusing invasions ever witnessed. The Orc vessels, barely visible trough the smoke, could not be properly pointed out by the Qadir yet continued to rain shell after shell on the coastline, meanwhile a whole swarm of Orcs swam trough the water towards the coastline like an angry nest of ants jumping at an attacker.

Qadir cannons fired in all directions, occasionally hitting their own batteries and archers shot blindly in all directions in the hope of hitting anything before the Orcs climbed over the walls and hills and took axes and club to the Qadir. The marauding unit crashed over the defenses and spilled out into the town, all the while chanting some Orc battle song from three centuries ago when similar displays were seen during the Orc invasion of the Elven Empire. In the aftermath, much of the city had been exterminated, those lucky enough to have fled escaped with their lives. The Orcs continued looting and trashing the city for the next four days before the Dwarves managed to get them back in line to continue along with the plan, packing up resources and moving forward towards the next Qadir city.

Opening up the new front, and indeed the sheer terror caused by the Orc destruction caused a shift in the Qadir war where more troops were being funneled back to the homeland. The Regalian troops in Caliphene managed to strike a decisive victory against the Black Banner Army of Aqta Al-Shaluhuwa, forcing the Heraatz Rebels back beyond even their initial front lines and separating the Qadir bulk armies from the Heraatz. The situation in Regalia became more tense. The Qadir were becoming fewer in number, series of fleets being called back to Farahdeen. The repression in the city meanwhile became more severe, random arrests and executions started happening almost daily, the Qadir certainly having turned against the idea of peaceful occupation. Various Qadir units also started breaking into businesses, churches and other public properties looting anything of iron, gold, silver or other value they could find loading it onto their ships.

The situation left much of the population of Regalia in uncertainty. The occupation was getting worse, but there were signs of the Qadir simply packing up and leaving. Should the people just sit still and await eventual liberation, or take matters in their own hands and force the Qadir out by sword and blood?

• Winner Winner x 26
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Generous Generous x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Deleted User 0206201901

Deleted User 0206201901 Beggar

orc power is not to be underestimated

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Educated Educated x 1
  3. Phon_Senajan

Phon_Senajan Out there ON the sun

HELL YES! HELL YES!!! TO ZE VOID WITH THOSE DAMNED SANDWORMS!!! SEND THEM ALL TO THE BLAZING GANA!!! REGALIA FOREVER!!! YEEESSS!!!

I FOOKING LOVE THE ORCS!

AND I APPROVE OF THIS!

• Immersive Immersive x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #3 Phon_Senajan, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  4. Wolfine21

Wolfine21 Veteran & T̶i̶g̶r̶a̶n V̶a̶r̶r̶a̶n Asha Enthusiast

TIGRANS
    NOW IS YOUR CHANCE
    ATTACK WHILE THEY'RE WEAK
    GOOO MY MINIONS

REGALIA WILL BE full of cute kitties ^w^

• Agree x 3
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Cuddles! x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Immersive x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. krios41

krios41 Privjet

i read this part as
    "Come on lads, where is that rebellion? this is the perfect moment for one"

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TheFinitePeach

TheFinitePeach The World's First Sentient Fruit

-Monmarty 2k15

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Simcity_4

Simcity_4 QUIS CONTRA NOS?

The green beans strike again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. 1000phoenix

1000phoenix Master of IMPs

Saw the name and immediatly thought it seemed similar to "battle of the bulge"

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Th3_Drunk_Monk

Th3_Drunk_Monk Regalian Burgher

yub

• Educated Educated x 8
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

-quietly promotes the Emerald Order, which is apparently an anti-Qadir force, if the guy who sent me a mail isn't lying-

• Educated Educated x 1
  11. krios41

krios41 Privjet

when this war ends i think every side will be weak...
    Go forth my shendar brethren, and get this void invasion running while they are fighting!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

I wonder if this'll effect the citizen status of orcs and dwarves if Regalia is in All or hands again. Also, why are they trying to help the humans that have kept them as low level citizens for so long?

13. LordSylveon

LordSylveon The Desciple of Cecidit

Second Class citizenship is better than slavery, I think.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. QtheKing

QtheKing Refugee

Good to see the Dwarves active.

15. Rockellezay

Rockellezay ♥ A Wild Licky Charizard ♥

And then there's me just like, ¨Am I the only one that wants the Qadir to win?
    I like how everyone is just like, THANK GOD, I HATE QADIR GOOOOOO DWAAARRRRRVVEZZZZZ!!!!!1!! *and orcs too duuuuuhhhh

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #15 Rockellezay, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  16. Sebbysc

Sebbysc Tomato Boy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. GARYtheCANNIBAL

GARYtheCANNIBAL Hardly active, 19

o boy
    welp now I'm worried about finishing a Qadir character

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Party_Penguin27

Party_Penguin27 exactly 43.5 various checkbooks

Whelp Regalia is gonna get weird

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

This. This is why orcs are the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. natcanino

natcanino Woefully Lost

Eat 'em.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Artemis_Hanzo

Artemis_Hanzo Regalian Pioneer

Rythian Belledin: Hears of this from one of his ships captains and thinks. He talks to his wife and asks if she wants to lend aid with thier ship.@Phon_Approves

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

See, I'm both Regalian Human and Qadir. I win no matter how this goes. So, uh, GO QADIR! Burn Regalia to the ground before you leave!

23. ByteMonster

ByteMonster Old Wandering Wanderer

Go orcs! Blow them up!

• Like Like x 1
  24. LekkuLord

LekkuLord SupremeCripple Staff Member Lore2

This is why I dance with the Orcs.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Omnomivore

Omnomivore ⛓ Nom Nom ⛓ Premium

Bite their ankles!

Go for the eyes!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Educated Educated x 1
  26. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Future historians will look upon this battle...and weep at it's name.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. nielo5

nielo5 The bored one.

Where is my ninja army to obliterate the Qadir?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. 1000phoenix

1000phoenix Master of IMPs

Whos to say they werent there? Was anyone suppose to see them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. nielo5

nielo5 The bored one.

There? No, because they are in Regalia at the moment.

30. starkiller_117

starkiller_117 Celestin Albain Deodat, local rodent.

The faint sound of screeching could be heard from the regalian harbour. Had any bothered to stop and look, they would have behold quite the site. One Qadir stood, quickly moving goods on to a merchanting ship, while the other whines in protest throughout the whole ordeal.

"Aaaaaaaaadi I don't want to go! The city will be fine, we can take care of ourselves!"

Normaly caving in to his brothers choices, Adisa had made his mind up earlier that day. The way things were currently going in the war, Regalia was no longer safe for both his brother and himself. Despite all they had worked for in the city, Adisa simply non longer trusted the way things were heading, and he would be damned if Na'im got hurt in then process.

"Hush brother. It's not safe here anymore. We can open that bazaar in another town. Who knows, maybe you'll make a special lady friend there as well."

The larger of the two finished packing the goods, wiping his hands on his shirt. With a small shove, he got Na'im on to the ship, giving Regalia one last nod before the duo departed from the holy city.

• Winner Winner x 1
  31. TyrolleanEagle

TyrolleanEagle Grand Elder of Calemberg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The doors of Ulric Typhonus' personal chambers flew open as a pair of servants shuffled into the spacious quarters before the Lord of Calemberg's desk. Ulric paused, his cup of tea halfway to his lips as he looked over his sudden guests with a quizzical expression. The first among them took a step forward, bowing his head as he placed a folded slip of parchment atop the desk. Ulric stared down at the parchment for a moment, setting his tea off to the side before dismissing the servants with a wave of his hand. As the doors of his chamber closed, Ulric took the letter, unfolding it, before skimming through the stark black lines of text. News of a victory in the East. A second front of the war opened by a fleet of Orcs, direct assault on the Pasha itself, and the possibility that their new overlords were now quickly abandoning them. The Lord sat forward in his chair, calling for a servant who quickly rushed to his side. "Call for Liam and Maximilian," he commanded, "We've much to discuss." If the House Typhonus was going to act, they would have to act now.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Film_Noir

Film_Noir Snowdonian Pirate

CHRISTOPHER BLACK

[​IMG]

Drip...
    Drip...
    Drip...

It was raining in Regalia again; just a light, spring shower, but when it did, water collected, seeping through a small hole in the mortar between the bricks in the roof to Christopher Black's cell, whereupon it then fell, one drop after the other, onto the floor.

It had been weeks now. No, months. As strong in body and mind as he tried to maintain himself, his solitary confinement in Greygate was always threatening to mess with his head and wear him down.

He'd devised a few small things to do to pass the time and lift his spirits. First, there was his fitness. He'd do push ups, sit ups, and the like, in differing routines in order to keep the exercise interesting. He had his harmonica. By now, he was quite the accomplished and talented player... But, more seriously, there was the writing. He'd collect the paper from the stale rolls of bread that were delivered to him each day, as well as bits of charcoal from anything overcooked. He'd write sentimental letters (that the Qadir would never actually let him send) to Lidia, and to his brothers and sister, as well as journal-type stories and small nautical-related tales; anything that took his fancy really, while the charcoal lasted.

And then there was his visitor. She was probably the most significant factor yet as to why he'd not slipped into melancholia and, in fact, she was the only non-Qadir visitor, albeit an illegal one, that he could regularly have. The Qadir had attempted to isolate the political prisoners completely from the outside world. He looked up now from his writing upon hearing the familiar flutter of pigeon wings. He paused and then reached up to take the, by now, familiar tiny scroll of paper from her leg as he lifted an extra finger to additionally lightly pat her feathers in thanks. As always, the carrier pigeon waited a small while before hopping up to her nest that was housed in a little hole in the brickwork above Chris' cell window, or she'd fly back to her master.

He read today's message:

"Orcs assault on Pasha in Farahdeen. Qadir rule in Regalia becoming unstable."

Then he swallowed the paper and continued on with his writing, an emotionless expression hiding the fact that anything out of the ordinary had happened from a patrolling Qadir guard.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  33. InktoberGlow

InktoberGlow Regalian Pioneer

Please don't send Muddies to Gana.. While the rest of my kin are war-thisrty monsters, I still care about them. They might get bullied by those mean mean Muddies.. -Aruna the Freed Golden Dakkar

Mind if I is help explode Mudskins? -E'ami the Pyromaniac M'tyaka

I could halp eat der faces owt or kick dem tu death -Kailani the Maiar

Good! Get them out of here! -Vanilla the Tigran

Hm. ..Maybe I can lead Veynora again if my Qadir was sent to Gana..? Possibly the Void.. -Maple the Naylar Seedling Yanar

34. 1002713Alex

1002713Alex Beggar

@Greenie We better start looting before the fleet shows up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  35. krios41

krios41 Privjet

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  36. skernzy

skernzy the scrub of Darkfire

"assassins unite!!!" ~Nashiin Kiradai

37. Crugnor

Crugnor Wallpaper Enthusiast

[​IMG]

The tables have turned

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  38. Tra_kad

Tra_kad Massives biggest Adventurer and Conspiracy Maker

Viva la Tigran.
    Our cries for the motherland and our former glory will be heard.

GLORY TO BESSKARR!
    DOWN WITH THE SUN!
    BROTHERS ALL!

# @ItalianFerrari @KeijiMaeda13 @Lazzulai @Lisha777 @Duskembyr @AllMyOtherTigranBretheren.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  39. CanteringCodfish

CanteringCodfish Refugee

Cassius emerges from the shadows of a secluded alley in the depths of Regalia, awoken from a cold and fitful sleep. This Qadir occupation had not been easy on him financially. A runner sprints by, yelling about an Orc victory against the Qadirs. He puts a hand to his leg, comforted by the feel of cold steel strapped to be body. There may be a chance to get back at the Qadir after all.

#39 CanteringCodfish, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  40. Terence29

Terence29 "Kittyhulk"

AGAIN, IT'S BASSKARR. NOT BESSKARR. HOW DARE YOU MISSPELL THE NAME OF OUR GODDESS.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1