• Character Sheets are optional on MassiveCraft. You do not need a sheet to play or be whitelisted on our server. You only need a sheet if you plan to engage in roleplay combat.

Played Character Balthazar Relych'in | The Wish Granter

This character is actively played.

gambit29

Local spirit nerd
Reaction score
balwithhorns.webp
"Now to which who set me free, I shall grant to thee my wishes three."

Balthazar's true name is super complicated, but here's a rough translation into common:
Balthazar Relych'in Krecht Nyi'ntstur Marchen Kr'yllian

Race: Mystech, Unbound Spirit, Void Demon (Dimension-corrupted from Primal Revenant)
Whoever says Balthazar's full name gains full control over him. Although, the control still has the limitations of Summoned Spirits.
Height: 5'8
Occult: Mageborn, Void
Combat Style: Wizard
Languages:
Common (Free)
Altalar
Hellas
Calem
Natl
Ibeth

Core Concepts
Religion:
Atheist
Personality: Balthazar, in his revenancy, was a respectful and stoic spirit who lived to help the poor and provide aid to those who wished for it.
After his corruption, however, he became cruel, cunning, and sly. He'll be as vague as possible when striking a bargain and try to trick you into selling your soul.
Appearance: Balthazar is 5'8, with ruby red skin and dark black hair. He has horns protruding from his head and a dark grey tail sprouting from behind him. His eyes are jet black with golden irises and serpent's pupils.

Proficiency Information:
(Unused point buy's: 3)
Wisdom: 0
Constitution: 0
Dexterity: 0
Strength:0
Magic: 8

Magic Shove
Magic Warp
Magic Smog
Magic Distort
Magic Revive
Magic Snare
Magic Bolster
Magic Curse
Faith: 0
Intelligence: 5 (Tech Branch: Aranatech)

Wardrobe Pack (Magical)
Tech Resist
Tech Exhaust
Tech Charge
Tech Auto
Mindcontrol Pack (Magical) (Free)
Shapeshift Pack (Magical) (Free)

Backstory:
Revenancy:
Balthazar was a Primal Revenant originally dreamt up by Daiana with a simple task to help those suffering in a small village. He was given the amazing ability to grant wishes to the needy, and the townspeople grew to revere him as a god, going so far as to build him a shrine to worship him in.
Even through his faux-godhood, Balthazar stayed true to his task of protecting the village.
Dimensional corruption: One day, a shattering crack came upon the village. Balthazar and the townsfolk rushed out to see what was happening, only to look on in horror as a limit-breaking mage tore a hole in the veil, and caused the foul magics of the Void to seep through. The village was rapidly corrupted, with the grass mutating and townsfolk quickly undergoing the painful process of lethal mutations. Soon, few townsfolk were left, and the survivor's wishes were clear: Save us!
And save them he did. Balthazar valiantly battled the corruption with magic, but it proved too strong until he had but one option that would ensure the mage's survival: Absorb his excess magic. Balthazar temporarily possessed the mage and absorbed the excess magic seeping through his body.
His theory proved a success, and the townspeople were safe once more..
But not without consequence. Throughout the next 10 years, Balthazar started to take on demonic traits, including red skin, horns, and a tail. Humiliated, he hid in his shrine, eventually succumbing to the Void and all its vices.
After his corruption, he continued to grant wishes, but the townsfolk noticed his wishes started to do more harm than good, and enlisted a traveling, masked mage to investigate the cause of his sudden malice.
Jarhood: The mage entered the shrine only to be confronted by Balthazar, who offered him three wishes.
The mage inevitably outsmarted Balthazar and sealed him away in a canopic jar, but not before taking off his mask, revealing that it was the same mage who Balthazar had saved from limit-breaking.
Balthazar: "Welcome, traveler! I am the god of this shrine, and I can grant you three of your wildest dreams!"
Mage: "Hm.. I wish for... Ten regals."
Balthazar: "Done and done!"
Ten regals worth of family heirlooms manifest at the man's feet, such as lockets and picture frames.
Mage: "Interesting. For my second wish, I would like to know your bylaw."
Balthazar: "H-Huh? I can grant you money, fame, love, riches! Do you want a palace? I can give you a palace!"
Mage: "I wish that you would tell me your bylaw."
Balthazar: "I- Anyone that says my full name gets to control me."
Mage: "Hm. For my third and final wish.."
Balthazar: "Yeeees?"
Mage: "I wish that you would tell me your full name"
Balthazar: "No- But- Anything but that- I can give you anything you want! Money, food, power, a city!"
Mage: "I /wish/ that you would /tell/ me your /full/ name."
Balthazar: "My ful- full name is.. Balthazar Relych'in Krecht Nyi'ntstur Marchen Kr'yllian"
Mage: "That's a stupid name. Alright, then, Balthazar Relych'in Krecht Nyi'nstur Marchen Kr'yllian, I command you to enter this jar."
The mage holds up the canopic jar, and utters an incantation.
Balthazar is forced to obey.
Coming to Regalia: The mage kept the jar with him at all times, and Balthazar was powerless to resist. However, the mage eventually grew old and died, and Balthazar's jar was passed down through from owner to owner, until it made its way into a curio shop, where it now resides.​

Last edited:
hey, small things:
  • theurgy pb rules says specifically: In order to Point Buy any Packs from Theurgy Point Buy, the Character must be a devout worshiper of any Religion. currently balthazar is an atheist, so i would recommend making him not atheist or swapping faith pb to something else.
  • your wording makes it confusing. is balthazar a ghost of someone who died? or is he just a straight up demon? revenants are ghosts now, demons are not ghosts. i would clarify somewhere that he's a ghost or a demon, not both.

hey, small things:
  • theurgy pb rules says specifically: In order to Point Buy any Packs from Theurgy Point Buy, the Character must be a devout worshiper of any Religion. currently balthazar is an atheist, so i would recommend making him not atheist or swapping faith pb to something else.
  • your wording makes it confusing. is balthazar a ghost of someone who died? or is he just a straight up demon? revenants are ghosts now, demons are not ghosts. i would clarify somewhere that he's a ghost or a demon, not both.
Oop, I assumed that faith point buy was different for spirits and stuff. I'll fix that now, thanks!
As for the revenant stuff, I meant to say that he was a primal revenant (A Divana, specifically) who was dimension-corrupted to the Void, but I'll fix the wording to make it more clear.