Azelgio Valetta

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Vivo_Et_Vincam, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Vivo_Et_Vincam

Vivo_Et_Vincam The Walking Spreadsheet

Basic Information
    • Azelgio Valetta
    • Race: Dressolini Ailor

• Main Ambition: Power/Wealth; The Growth of the Valetta Music Guild

• Azelgio has lived in Regalia all his life, most of it spent in the slums with his parents, or in the school of music. His entire life has revolved around Regalia, so he has not and will not leave. At this moment, he has grown himself out of the slums through work and gotten a, not greatly located, home in normal Regalia.
    • He was born in the Slums to two Dressolini parents. He is an only child. He is a commoner.
    • He wants to prove himself to Regalia and ‘go down in history.’
    Skill Information
    • School of Music
    • Expert in Instrumental Music, Learned in tenor vocal music. Scholar in musical theory
    • Schooled in the classrooms themselves, being Ailor.
    Visual Information

• Eye Color: Brown
    • Hair Color: Black
    • Hair Style: Rugged
    • Skin Color: Tan
    • Clothing: Green gold and white clothing.
    • Height: 6 foot
    • Body Build: Sinewy
    • Weapon of Choice: An instrument; good ‘bonking’ tool. Or perhaps his voice
    Took out Visual Expansion for the time being

Personality and Abilities (Required)

• First Paragraph: Azelgio always uses proper etiquette. Even if you are a lowly commoner he will call you m’lord. He is generous and kind, but can get a little emotional. Most would think of him at first glance as a typical /teenager,/ even though he is much older. He has not spent much of his life outside the slums or the school of music, thus he hasn't learned that much social skills. He is kind because he never wants anyone to feel left out or be excluded. He also is generous, because of his poor uprising, and never wants anyone to go through that like he did.
    • Second Paragraph: Azelgio is anxious about the world view of him. He doesnt want to be seen as weak, or be seen as unimportant. He wants to be well known, and well liked. He is confident he can with time win the heart of anyone and everyone, with his talents or with his words. He is also confident that he will make a living off of purely the musical business, if he can get the guild together. His anxiety about the guild is the formation part. Can he get enough people for it to be even considered a guild? Those are his thoughts.
    • Third Paragraph: Azelgio is very confident around friends, and very trusting of them. He will spill just about anything, not caring for lies. If you gain his trust, its quite hard to lose it. To lovers, he is quite flirtatious and loving. He doesnt grow attached to lovers easily, but when he does he is like a leech, absolutely smothering you in love. He will flirt with just about any woman he finds attractive, not really caring how they react however. His only family is his adopted daughter, Arien, but never the less he absolutely spoils her. His mother and father he did not know well, so he does not have very much of a 'family relations.' But he learns quickly with Arien the role of a father and a mother in a way, treating her like the world itself.
    • Fourth Paragraph: Azelgio is very moral of his actions. If of political or religious opinion, he will not make a decision of it goes against his morals. He is generous, showing he is good. He is kind, and gentle. He is forgiving, and knows others will and can make mistakes. His Morales to him are pure, and try to be. He is gentle because
    • Fifth Paragraph (OPTIONAL): Azelgio is very much Unionist, of what type, he has not decided, most likely leaning towards either Vultar or . He does not truly care about the relation between commoners and nobles. He is slightly jacobist, however, wishing the nobles and humanum of the world would not at least /beat up/ the other races. Perhaps not equality, but at least, we being the better race, should act like it, right?
    Talents

• Musician; Azelgio went to the school of music for eight years, spending from ten to eighteen years of age of his life in schooling. He learned instrumental music all the way to the rank of expert for violin and piano, spending eight years learning them to expert rank. You can often find him in the court of some noble playing the piano or perhaps the side of the street playing a violin. Ranked Learned in tenor vocalist as well. Rank Scholar in musical theory.

• Children; If he sees a child, he will automatically try to make it laugh or smile. If you wish to confuse him, make him like you, or perhaps lead him to a trap, send a kid in. He will not expect anything from a kid.
    • Coin/Greed; He is exceptionally greedy, coming from a slum family. He has learned the lesson to take money where he can get it. Even though he is stoutly Unionist and morally good, sometimes, he just can’t resist coin.
    • Combat; He has spent all of his time in schooling or hiding from gangs in the slums. He has never truly learned to fight past street brawling from what he did as a kid. Fighting against others with longswords and years of combat training will NEVER go well for him.
    @Cipherition Character= Arien Ocha/Arien Valetta= Adopted Father

Life Story

Early Years (Birth until Age 10)

Azelgio was born in a city in north Brissund, in the worst part of it. Like the main city of Regalia, this was the 'slums' zone, where children had to group together in gangs to protect themselves and your blessing of the day was staying alive. He was an only child from his two Dressolini parents, who fought and worked hard every day, even though he sometimes did not notice, for a better future for him. At his tenth birthday, they revealed that they were sending him off to the School of Music, to learn music professionally, as apart of both their culture and a way of life. Off he went the next day.

Schooling Years (Remainder of 10 to 25)

For the second half of his childhood, he spent his time in school. His parents barely sent enough money for room and board, leaving the rest up to him. Unlike other kids, he did not go out and have fun, instead staying home and practicing his music. But with the few friends he had, he was extremely kind to them, and very happy he had them. He saved up every year the coin he had gotten, and threw generous end of year parties for his friends, with tons of music and song. By the time he left school he had made many friends, and left for home.

Back in Town (Remainder of 25 to 26)

After leaving school, he went back to his home town, to see another family in his home. He asked around in his native tongue, and those around said his parents died from one of the slum gangs. He cried at this, having past the age of ten not actually had a childhood with parents, relying mostly on his friends. Homeless and starving, he stayed in town, getting his coin from working for one of the gangs, blackmailing and informant mostly, but this year of work taught him the value of coin and made him slightly greedy, it also some-what taught him the law, because he had to find ways to blackmail people through it. He worked until he had enough coin to buy himself a spot on the next ship to the capital, Regalia.

In the Capital (All time beyond)

He spent the first few months in Regalia street performing, until he was able to get enough coin to
    rent a home from one of the richer people. He then, seeing scattered bards and vocalists that did not even know each other, and most poor like him, decided to try to group them together under and Order, and wanted to help every 'cultural artist' like him gain fame and fortune. He also started composing songs himself, like "A Song of Tale" and "When the Arken Fall," although they are not well known yet. He adopted a Chi girl, as well as a Lampar, and took in several Nelfin into his 'care.'

(Will add personalities and abilities, likes and dislikes through roleplay later as well unless asked by staff to add them in NOW)

• Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Vivo_Et_Vincam, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. joglak

joglak Refugee

Okay! Peer review!

I'd delete this or move it into a spoiler until it's being used.

Also, delete the captions for each tab. It makes it a lot easier to read when they aren't there!

For the life story, I think it's best that you label them in chronological order such as:
    Birth:
    1 Y/O:
    2-5 Y/O:

These are just aesthetic issues that I see that make it a little more challenging to read! Otherwise, here's the actual review:

Maybe elaborate how he is kind, gentle, and generous! It'll help more with picturing who he is as a person, rather than simply stating "he is ___".

You state he is emotional and is considered an emotional 'teenager' by strangers. Maybe this is a little contradicting to that statement.

Other than that, I'll leave it up to the actual reviewer. Take all of this as if it's a grain of salt as it's my first peer review.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
  3. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Claiming this for staff review!

4. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Let's get right into it then, shall we?
    Make these changes in blue and tag me when you're done!

• Please, bold all headings and labels so that your application is easier to read such as Basic Information, Visual Information, etc.
    • Spoiler all obtrusive "Optional” sections.
    • I would like you to remove all descriptional information that is copy pasted over from the character application template. ↧

Personality and Abilities

• When it comes to your third paragraph, please add another sentence or two expanding on how your character is with family, not just with friends and/or lovers as I'm sure he would act differently.
    Talents
    • Please do not spoiler this section seeing as it is required.
    • Your character wouldn't have had to attend the School of Music for sixteen years, seeing as it only takes seven years and nine months to reach Expert, even though your character can play two instruments. Upon reaching Scholar level, he would have been given the opportunity to take up his second instrument. ↧

5. Vivo_Et_Vincam

• Like Like x 1
  6. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Looking good!
    Just so you're aware, don't feel the need to write out that you've made certain edits on the actual application itself. As long as you record your edits below, you're all good! ↧

Basic Information (Expansion)

• Please spoiler this!
    Skill Information (Optional)
    • Since your character is an Expert in the School of Music, make sure you apply for a Special Permission here, once your character application is approved, and record it in the application afterwards.

7. Vivo_Et_Vincam

@JennaLikesCoffee
    I thought you were allowed to be an expert as long as you A; weren't above Learned in both vocal and instrumental and B; weren't in a combat school?

8. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

That's correct, though if your character is, in fact, an Expert, you need to fill out and register it as a Special Permission.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Go ahead and spoiler your Basic Information (Expansion) and I'll get to approving your character application!

10. Vivo_Et_Vincam

@JennaLikesCoffee

Done and done! I put everything back to normal

I did do a few other things however, which Ill explain here.

I aged him up to Twenty Seven so he could fit in a few more years for education
    For those years, I made him a scholar on musical theory, and I checked, its lore compliant, I could have made him Expert but I am not an expert myself so I wont push that far /yet/

Added one sentence to his character Lore

#10 Vivo_Et_Vincam, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  11. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Talents
    • Since you've made him a Scholar in musical theory, please include this in his Muscisian talent.
    Life Story
    • Please include where your character was born.

12. Vivo_Et_Vincam

@JennaLikesCoffee

The lore shows no city names, I named the region he was born however.

13. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Alright, I think you’re good to go!
    Approved!