Apollyon

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Jackalop3, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Jackalop3

Jackalop3 Succubus Sister

Apollyon

Full Name: William Apollyon Trihondia, but he goes by just Apollyon
    Race: Slizaar but appears as a human
    Main Ambition: He wants to one day gain control of great power
    Skill Information

Total Points: 45

• 30 Diplomacy 20 from Slizzar boost 10 from
    School of Statesman
    • 10 short swords from proficiency
    • 10 Espionage 10 from Slizzar boost
    • 15 Acrobatics from proficiency
    • 5 Dagger from points

Culture

• 15 Dancing
    • 10 Painting
    • 7 Instrumental Music

Languages

• Common
    • Modern Elvish
    • Zasta

Information

Apollyon was born in the Sewers of Regalia due to his mother (Ana Trihondia) going into hiding because of her being hunted in the city because of her massacre of Ailorians in order to protect her unborn child. Apollyon was born with 10 brothers and sister but they were all killed by the mob that overtook his mother’s house.

Apollyon wants to not only seize power in order to make changes in Regalia regarding race but he also want to one day find love.

Visual Information

Eye Color: Purple
    Hair Color: Blackish brown
    Hair Style: medium hair length (looks like this - https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/121737996155903768/
    Skin Color: Light tan
    Clothing: Captain’s outfit
    Height: 5’ 11”
    Body Build: Toned due to his training as a guard

Weapon of Choice: He like to carry dual short swords with him but he also keeps a small dagger with him at all times

Personality and Abilities

First Paragraph:
    As a Slizzar he is already perceived by most as power hungry, secretive, and untrustworthy. The way he acts towards people also controls the way people perceive him. He talks as if he only care about himself and seems self centered and egotistical. He closes himself off towards people he doesn't know due to his lack of trust towards strangers. Apollyon is also seen as unlikeable because of his rude and gruff manner towards people who constantly reprimand him for his actions of apathy.

Second Paragraph:
    Apollyon is actually very generous and loving but it is only shown to people he loves or trusts. He closes himself off to people because he is afraid of how people will judge him due to his race. He can be power hungry at times but he really tries to hide that feeling from everyone else. His biggest fear is that people will see him as just a self centered Slizzar. He is devoted to his job as guard and his duty to his friends.

Third Paragraph:
    Apollyon always knows the right thing to say to people, whether it's to simply get under someone’s skin or to persuade someone to do something for him. He is always prepared for any situation that comes his way. He feels that the unjust society views him much differently than how he actually is, so he doesn’t even try to act like a reformed Slizzar in public as to stay under peoples radar so he can quickly rise up the ranks into a more powerful position.

Fourth Paragraph:
    Apollyon can not idly stand by and watch the city he live in crumble due to the amount of corruption that still exists in its very walls. He has a confusing set of morals, at times he can be quite evil and push everything out of his way to get the power he wants but at other times he can be good because the reason he wants that power is not just control, he also wants to reform the city to be more welcoming to other races.

Weaknesses

His hunger for power can sometimes get in the way of his personal and social life.
    His devotion to the guard can also get in the way of his personal goals.

Relationships

• Nemesis - Toby, wants to take Katrina back
    • Lover - Katrina Rowe, madly in love with Apollyon

Life Story

William’s mother was being hunted down by a mob of angry Alorians due the her shear power in the Regalian government. She had hid in the sewers carrying her infant child with her, as she was traveling back to her house to collect her family for the journey out of Regalia. She heard a large crash and saw her house in flames and a group of city residents and aristocrats had gathered at her house with looks of anger and hate. They turned towards her with fire in their eyes and to run after her. She fled back into the sewers and hid from the group. As she was running through the dark sewers her foot slipped in a crack in the stone floor. She pulled herself up looking at her broken ankle and pulling her baby close to make sure he was still okay. She could hear the mob closing in on her, so she took the infant and hid it in a small crack, she prayed that someone would find her child and take him in as their own. She slipped a piece of paper in the blanket the baby was held in and gave him a gentle kiss, crying as she dragged her body away from the child. Soon the mob closed in and nobody could hear her cries of despair.

William was raised by Samuel and Mary Trihondia in the slums of Regalia. The couple had found the child while they were collecting scraps, in the sewer shafts, to sell at the market. They had found a small note written in a messy scribble that had read “William Apollyon ….” The last name was just a scribble so they gave the boy their own last name. Mary had been cast away from her parents due to her inability to birth children and had soon found, her love, Samuel. They had wanted to have children but they couldn't afford the cost of adoption. They raised William as their own, and even though they had know the rules of raising a Slizzar, they still kept him in their home out of the prying eyes of the neighbors. They made sure to cover his scales from the sunlight and he was told to wear glasses to hide his purple eyes.

William was homeschooled and never met any of the kids while he was in the care of the Trihondias. They not only taught him the common language and how to read and write, but also taught him self defense, how to fight with a short sword and when to flee or to fight. One unlucky day, when William was 16, the Trihondias had gone to the local tavern to get themselves a drink and had brought William along to celebrate that they would soon be moving out of the slums into a Regalian apartment. They ordered two mugs of rum and a glass of watered down ale for William. William and his father had gone to get another round of drinks from the barkeep. A drunk man from the tavern approached Mary and began too lightly stroke her neck and kiss her cheek. She pushed him back which greatly aggravated the man. He began to yell at her and push up against her, William looked over at his mother and saw her being harrassed by he man. William rushed past his father towards the drunken man and pushed him away from his mother. The man pulled out a small dagger from his boot and thrust it towards William. He yelled at him to get back and leave him alone. William told the man to call me down, resting his hand on the hilt of his blade. The man lunged at William with the dagger cutting his cheek and revealing the soft pink flesh. “What are ya gonna do bout it four eyes?!”, yelled the man. The man pushed down William’s glasses to reveal his bright purple eyes, boiling with anger. William whipped out his sword from his sheath and pointed it at the man. The man glared at him with an icy gaze and yelled towards the crowd of people watching the scene, “That boy is a Slizzar and the Trihondias have been raising him the whole time!” The crowd erupted into anger yelling and screaming at Mary and Samuel. The couple grabbed William and shoved past the crowd and out the tavern door. They hurried home and barricaded the door with just about anything they could find and climbed down into the basement. The mob had reached the house and began to attempt to break down the door. Samuel began to unearth a pile of stone that were clumped into the corner of the basement. He motioned for William and Mary to climb inside the hidden shaft. He looked at his wife and son and started to tear up. “I always loved the both of you”, he said and kissed Mary and his son. “Samuel what are you doing?!”, Mary screamed. I’m going to hold them off as long as I can. I wish I could of stayed with you guys longer but alas it is my time go.” ,said Samuel while tears streamed down his cheeks.He started to fill the hole up with the stones and Mary screamed his name until the last boulder was placed and footsteps could be heard running down the basements stairs where Samuel waited.

Years later after the incident Mary became very ill and needed help from the town doctor. William carried Mary to the local clinic and set her on the stool and went to go use the restroom. When William returned his mother was gone and the clinic was in ruins. Chairs were scattered across the floor, shattered glass was sprayed upon the windowsill and splatters of blood had been plastered on the walls. William ran out is search of his mother and was met with a trail of blood, he could hear angry shouting in the distance and started his search there. When he got to the source of the angry shouts he found a angry mob of Ailorian gathered about in a huddle around a whimpering figure. Just as he had started to try to get a better look at the figure crumpled at the ground, he was thrust into the center of the lot. He heard shouting and screams of hate towards both him and the figure in the middle. He looked down to see his mother laying with blood strewn across her clothes. William knelt down to help her up but instead received a firm jolt to the stomach. He fell back and looked into the eyes of the man who had harassed his mother years ago. The man spat in his face and laughed at the sight of the two bodies laying on the cobble street. William leapt up with sich speed he knocked the man back and launched him into the crowd. He grab his Mother and pulled her out of the gang and into a dark alley. He looked into Mary’s sad eyes and watched as she struggled to force out a single sentence. “I love you, William Apollyon Trihondia.” She coughed up crimson blood and put her hand on William’s cheek. He could feel her breath starting to slow and sat there with his mother’s lifeless body, crying in the dark alleyway.

Later that night William was walking the lonely street of the slums. He stared up and the glistening moon and fell to his knees, tears streaming down his face. “What did i do to deserve this? What did they do to deserve this? We did nothing, absolutely nothing!” He tore off his glasses and cried until his tears ran dry and he was struggling to breath. Once more he looked up at the moon, glaring at him in the night with it's stone cold face looking down upon him. William is dead now! This was your doing! But you will not win! I won’t let you triumph! Not this time! I will rise from the ashes as the phoenix did! I pledge that I will avenge the death of my mother and father! I will rebuild this empire from the ground up if I have to! You may have killed William but you have yet to kill me, Apollyon!” The boy got back to his feet and wiped away the tears that had dried underneath his eyes. He looked back up at the smiling crescent and for once he smiled back.

#1 Jackalop3, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. FunctionKey

FunctionKey The Senate

@Jackalop3
    Hello! Just a few friendly suggestions -

• It's spelled 'Slizzar', and the rest is not needed.

• Consider adding bulletpoints for ease of reading.
    • Maybe expand on his relationship with his siblings. How did their deaths affect him? How old was he? Additional headings are also required here.
    • Might want to make these titles stand out a bit more. Try bold or underlined.

• Why were his family killed? By which Ailorians? How was he affected?
    • Where was this? At what age? Both dates and locations should be expanded on throughout the lifestory.
    • Secrets is very general. What exactly did his adoptive parents teach him? It is also a good idea to include why an Ailor family - presumably of some importance - would adopt a Slizzar.
    • I'm a tad confused to why he would engage in pickpocketing if he hated corruption.
    • Where does his lust for power affect his life story?

3. Jackalop3

Yea I can see the plot holes in my app thanks for the feedback!

@Lil_Numidium

4. FunctionKey

FunctionKey The Senate

5. Aespair

Aespair Am I the only one here?

6. Aespair

Here's my review.
    • Change the thread title to the name of your character.
    • Reformat your proficiency section. Right now it's rather painful to read. Make it like this:
    Total Points
    • x points from x boost
    • x points from proficiency
    Culture Points
    • x points
    • Common Ailorian is not a language. Change it to just Common.
    • Put the expansions in spoilers.
    • Reformat the entire sheet so it's easier to read and tell the difference between sections.
    • Slizzar cannot be above the body build of Toned, which means that Sinewy is not an option.
    • Bold personality traits in the first personality paragraph.
    • He views society as unjust, yet shamelessly follows their racial stereotypes for Slizzar because he claims they're unjust and would see him like that anyway? That seems like a bit of a jump in logic.
    • Why does he want power and is willing to gain it through explicitly evil means if he despises corruption?
    • Add two more paragraphs to the life story.
    Make the edits in red and tag me when you're done.

7. Jackalop3

@Aespair Okay I'll change those things as soon as I can.
    Thanks for reviewing my app :D

8. Jackalop3

@Aespair I re edited the format and redid the back story. I’m not exactly sure how to put something into a spoiler. But other than that I think I’m done. LOL I may have written more than I needed to. I may add more to it later though.

#8 Jackalop3, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  9. Jackalop3

@Aespair Don't mean to rush you but I do need to get this approved soon.

10. Aespair

Just do this edit and it will be ready for approval.

11. Jackalop3

12. OnyxXIII

OnyxXIII Sufet of Carthage

Also, seeing as you're not employed by House Winslough at the moment, I'd prefer you delete that bit as well.

13. Jackalop3

Oh woops, totally forgot to go back and change that one

14. Aespair

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  15. Jackalop3

@Aespair small change just changed heavy axe to dual shorts swords idk if it's necessary to inform you of a small edit like that but I did XD