Another Turn Of The Page

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Ynzy, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Ynzy

Ynzy It's not that I wasn't listening. I just forgot...

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈​

The dark wraps the cistern, the foul smell of sludge and death riddle the walls. All of this only to be bat away by the gentle flicker of a fire in front of a tent. There, a joke, a halfling clown sits looking over a book. In it details many things regarding a new life, a new start. And in an instant, the halfling was no longer alone. As if like magic suddenly sitting beside her was a young Avanthar woman, dark brown hair and deep sea blue eyes all lit up by the warmest of smiles. “Annelie...you are trying to start over again?” The Avanthar would say, it seemed so real to her, even the touch on her skin as the Avanthar’s hand met her cheek. I’m worried if I do this that I may never see you again.” She’d state, tears welling in her eyes as she pushed into the woman’s hand. It was small and soft, gentle and caring, the thumb that pressed into her scared face would wipe carefully at the tears. “Annie...you know this isn’t real...you have to let me go.” She’d say. “But I don’t want to let you go!! I can’t let you go!! I want to stay in this fantasy and never let you go!” She’d shout out into the empty room. Her eyes flicking to and from for a moment before she suddenly felt a pair of small arms drape over her neck, and a pair of soft lips kiss her burnt cheek. “You know that's not true. I want you to start over...and finally be happy. Do this...for me.” She’d state, before suddenly appearing in front of Annie. One hand placed on her burnt cheek and the other on her shoulder, tilting her head up so she could look into her eyes. “Please? I said it once all those years ago, and they still hold true. I'll always love you.” She said, tears in her eyes. Finally, Annie could take no more, the tears poured down her face as she sobbed. She let out a sigh, choked back her tears and nodded. “A-alright...for you Rosa...I’ll do this.” After she said that, the Avanthar would lean in, placing a firm kiss upon the Halfling's lips before vanishing. Leaving Annelie alone. “Goodbye...Rosa.

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

• Powerful Powerful x 1