• Regalian Roleplay Rules

1. Roleplay rules apply in this category.
    2. Posts are in-character.
    3. Posts are not anonymous.
    4. Posts and reactions made to posts are public. What your character says or does is known by all other characters. If you would like a reaction to be private, do not post it as a public response to a thread. Roleplay it out on the server!
    5. Out-of-character commentary on threads is not allowed unless it is specifically spoiled or bracketed, and/or highlights additional information for in-character responses.
    6. Meme responses are not allowed. This includes reposting the same content as the poster(s) above, or repeating catch phrases on a post.

An Open Question

Caduceus_Clayy

"Something will be here"
Reaction score
An Open Question

A question would arrive on forums and notice boards in New Town only, open to others questions and responses. The page itself had some parts hastily scratched out and edits had been made.

Dearest people of Regalia,

I would like to first greet you. My name is Nickolas Wilhelm Khraz Runkel von Treppewitz-Pashar, I am a Half-Ailor Half-Eronidas (my father being Half-Eronidas Half-Qadir) and I am new to the city, recently moving into West Hall 1 with a friend I have recently met that has decided to take me in for a time.

Those who know of the lineage of the von Treppewitz will recognise my name and likely think one thing - this person is lying about his lineage and is pretending to be a member of a loyal, purist family of noble descent and he should be arrested. I understand these concerns and hopefully put them to bed with a quick explanation.

For starters, my father was no noble, while my mother was. My mother was of a side lineage to the main-line Treppewitz. He was an Eronidas who served the von Treppewitz' as a fine engineer and my mother happened upon him and the two fell in love.

But this is besides the point. I am a von Treppewitz. My mother was a von Treppewitz. My father was not, yet took the name von Treppewitz-Pashar. Recently I have come upon a few who doubt my legitimacy as a von Treppewitz, but who have not called the guard. I come to these forums and notice boards today to ask a question of the public, noble or commoner. Should I continue to refer to myself as von Treppewitz-Pashar and honour my mother, and debate the legality with the courts or my kin in the family? Or should I be forced to change my name, and be arrested for using such a name for these acts?

Please try to remain civil in the comments, as I have heard so many Regalians to be ruthless on occasion with matters of divisiveness.

Thank you all,

Nickolas Wilhelm Khraz Runkel von Treppewitz-Pashar (pending)

PS

I am seeking work at the moment. I am a skilled crafter of firearms from my time with the Treppewitz Engineers and the Belliard Guild, and also have skill in using said firearms, as well as swords and unarmed fighting.

Below the message would sit scraps of paper, paperclips and a selection of pencils for people to use to write their responses and attach them below.

Last edited:
A lawyer stares at the board, confused, "fraud or no this soul is taking a massive risk airing what seems a quite potent scandal…about one of the most esteemed families of the Empire."

He writes upon the board,

Respectfully,

The personal matters of House of Von Treppewitz are not of the concern of most commoners. If the marriage is not recognized by the House and thus your lineage likewise is not deemed blue-blood in rank. I would caution you better ask the question of legality regarding using this last name, whatever social or hereditary right you claim to it.

The question of your status is for either the courts or for the House Von Treppewitz to answer not the capital's citizens. Please keep in mind, your claim is hard to prove to begin with and with both your parents being deceased. It's likewise impossible to question them to the veracity of your words.

Best of luck,
Miguel De Santez

[!] Someone's taken the time to frame this missive with Peonies with stems intricately braided together, a symbol of luck, prosperity and love and good fortune.

A lawyer stares at the board, confused, "fraud or no this soul is taking a massive risk airing what seems a quite potent scandal…about one of the most esteemed families of the Empire."

He writes upon the board,

Respectfully,

The personal matters of House of Von Treppewitz are not of the concern of most commoners. If the marriage is not recognized by the House and thus your lineage likewise is not deemed blue-blood in rank. I would caution you better ask the question of legality regarding using this last name, whatever social or hereditary right you claim to it.

The question of your status is for either the courts or for the House Von Treppewitz to answer not the capital's citizens. Please keep in mind, your claim is hard to prove to begin with and with both your parents being deceased. It's likewise impossible to question them to the veracity of your words.

Best of luck,
Miguel De Santez
A note would be clipped to his, with a fancy signiture added to the end, sharing with the original question.
Greetings Miguel De Santez,

As to your statement I have, rather hastily, scribbled out much of the pages to lessen potential impact from my words and the scandal it could cause. I have had an emotional day. Even still the question remains. How would I get in contact with the courts for this matter to be addressed?

Thanks,

Nickolas

A note was pinned underneath, written in swooping letters.

Your name is your name. I doubt the von Treppewitz will pay attention either way unless you contact them directly. They are busy, after all, surely.
- Kuashan Shao