An Old Man's Frustration.

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Mad_Gadfly, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Good people of the Crown Isle.

I will not waste too much parchment on explaining what is obvious. Without further ado, I would like this to serve as a public poll to measure support for the establishment of a Fire Brigade in the Crown Isle.

If you support this initiative or have a better recommendation, please include it in the space below. The responses may be forwarded to the Bancroft Chancellery for possible discussion, depending on whether such an arrangement is possible.

Remember, the best way to manage fires is to prevent them from happening in the first place. However hopeless it may be to plead with those of criminal disposition, I beg that you stop setting our city on fire every other week. At this rate, oil will become a controlled substance by the new year, and the state would have no choice but to require people to become licensed before they are authorized to handle flammable materials. How we are supposed to keep warm this winter when many of us do not have homes to go back to and the simple act of lighting a fire might require a permit by the end of the year, I do not know.

Liberty is a privilege. Do not misuse it, or it will be taken away.

You are better than this.

Thank you,

Leuthar van Vichten

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Reserved. I will be putting a copy of each letter expressing support or dissent here so they are easier to find among whatever other posts there might be.