Alms Ministry Decree - 7/21/309

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by LadyLekku, Jul 21, 2021.

?

Nobility?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. Kill

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  3. Wait, I'm noble...

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. LadyLekku

LadyLekku Fiber Viber Supremium

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From the Desk of Her Serene Grace, Arch Duchess Sivrid Sorenvik, Alms Minister
    ||Obligatory Jams|​

Opening Letter

Good people of the Jewel City of the Crown Isles, it was my honor to be seated amongst my fellow peerage tonight at the Imperial Assembly. Given the spirit of charity and good will that pervaded the discussions and proposals, I have decided it is time for the Alms ministry to return to form, in terms of our outreach and larger scale projects. As mentioned in our April Report, I had at one point decided with the climate of pressing financial matters that our efforts would be kept local, while the peerage were focused elsewhere.

I am now glad to say that I believe we are ready to see larger projects and further outreach managed once again. Should anyone who believes they have an idea for the betterment of the Empire wish for support, approval, or guidance, you need only seek me. My door is always open to those who wish to put the needs of the less fortunate before themselves, and support the common people during these trying times. This is of course open for the common folk as well, and, as always, our funding will come from private donors and events, so as not to demand any additional stress on the state's coffers. Your voices have been well heard, and we are eager to work with you!
    To Reiterate:
    What can be asked of the Alms Minister:
    • For Building Permits to be approved within the city.
    • To form committees and tribunals, for the purpose of achieving some goal or accomplishing a project, in the city and archipelago. These committees allow a group of individuals to form a nexus point of action, and will allow the Alms Ministry to manage their donations, granting legitimacy to their efforts and offering support. Committees are run by the individuals who head them, not by the Alms Minister.
    • Propose city and archipelago projects as Alms Initiatives, for those who want support or just to see work done that they can't manage themselves.
    • For assistance hosting events with Brute and Volunteer support (provided that the event is thematically in line with the Alms Ministry).
    On “Alms Funding”
    • The Alms Ministry does not have a fund from which it draws to support projects. All projects are supported through private donations. The Alms can however help with gaining these donations, through either Committees or by individuals. There is no such thing as "funded by the Alms Ministry."
    • Asking for Alms Support of a project means gaining access to Volunteers, Brute Squad members, Alms Staff support (Events managing, Outreach planning, Resource gathering), on-site hosting, and a concentrated effort of many people coming together, fitting to a schedule, and seeing results achieved. I am always open to hearing ideas needing Alms Support, and happy to offer advice.
    Alms Ministry Locations
    • The Alms Sanctuary: Located in Rose Court, contains kitchens, a dining hall, a courtyard, a non-denominational chapel, and a public auditorium. The auditorium is available to any group who asks to use it. The Sanctuary is a "neutral location".
    • The Alms Garrison: Located in Arena Court, contains a kitchen, a dining area, a courtyard, staff offices, an armory, fire-fighting equipment, and a public garden. The Garrison will be fortified in the event of a city-wide emergency, and protected by the Brute Squad. It is open to all people, of high birth or low, in such a scenario.
    • Any person may Volunteer by simply showing up to these public locations and putting the word out that they're doing work (in the kitchens, courtyard, or garden).

Changes and Current Objectives

Clean Drinking Water:

- A meeting with the Crookback Council Representative Duchess Valarosta Ino-Femunn will be needed before any further details are given about Alms outreach into Crookback. As it stands, the Alms Ministry is a state governed organization, and as such, is not currently operating in the Crookback Borough. Any citizen of Crookback, however, is absolutely encouraged to come to us for alms, safety, or looking for work.

- A proposal has been made for a well to be installed in the Alms Garrison, which is less than a two minute walk from Crookback, in Old Town. The Alms Ministry has reached out to a noble sponsor to fund this initiative. The Alms Garrison is state property and, as such, any attempted vandalism to the well would be met with strict punishments.

Academic Outreach:

-With the dismantling of the Academic Ministry, the Alms Ministry is proud to pick up the mantle on some more localized efforts in education. We are seeking a Manager to oversee the collective Librarians, as well as to advocate for literacy and education in the city. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.

- The Alms Library is looking to hire Researchers who wish to find support for research projects in the Archipelago, on the condition that reports be publicized and donated to the Library. See Alms Minister for approval on projects, and to seek funding. Nobility wishing to fund research expeditions are encouraged to write a letter to be added to our registry of potential donors.

Institutions for the Bereaved:

- In the past, the concept of support groups for the recently cured of affliction was brought up. However, no individual seemed willing to put in the hours to see such things managed. Should anyone wish to host a semi-regular meeting or event for those in need of emotional support, they are welcomed with open arms to write to me. With enough interest, I will create a Manager's position for this task.

- The Alms Sanctuary, located in Rose Court, has a small non-denominational chapel, which is intended for just such a thing as this. The place is quiet and serene, and can hold several attendees as well as a central speaker. If this location sees active use that warrants an expansion, then the discussion of further outreach or construction of chapels can be discussed at a later point.

Opportunities:

- Thursday, July 22, 6 pm - A Hunt and a Feast! - This event is perfect for those who don't want to receive 'handouts'. We welcome legal citizens of any status to serve the city by joining us for a hunt, followed by a party to share in our bounty. All additional game will be used to stock the larder of the Alms Ministry kitchens. Please join us for this community event!

- Sunday, July 25, 6 pm - Job Fair - We gladly welcome anyone seeking to rise out of poverty to join us for a Job Fair. Many noble families, businesses, craftspeople, and even crookback locations are looking to hire workers. If you have ever struggled to find the chance to find a stable life, here is your opportunity. Feel free to join just to hang out with us, too!

To Conclude

To my honored fellow peerage, your kindness in the assembly was not unnoticed. But in times like this, money truly is only half of the battle. If you want to be known as a supporter of the weary, I ask not only for your coin, but for your hands. I understand that time is often a more precious commodity than money, and that it is limited, but my oath to this Ministry is that I will offer what support I can to you, so that we can better serve our people. Let us continue to be the focusing lens which refines the scattered good will of many, into an actionable force of progress for all.

(( Discord: https://discord.gg/aQvdEcg9fx ))

Glory to the Empire, and its People.
    Signed, July Twenty-First, 309 AC
    Serene Grace Sivrid Sorenvik
    Arch Duchess of Irvainvik
    Alms Minister

Valsung and Jovrlov of the Velheim

[​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1