Archived Allowing Certain Mobs To Be Effected By Splash Potions Again.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thor5648

Ever Waiting
Reaction score
This thread is being made due to the recent change where mobs can no longer be effected by health potions... I assume this was another grand idea to "Fix" the economy, what it has resulted in is a drought in certain items... Particularly ghast tears. I spent 4 hours in trade chat asking to buy ghast tears, no one ever responded even when I offered a high price. I spent another 2 hours trying to farm ghast tears, the current most effective way. As a result I obtained a whole 3 ghast tears! If anything just renable it so ghasts can be health potted because right now it is not adding to the economy, it is just taking out if it a useful item.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
To me, it just looks like you are lazy. (if you used the method i think you used at least)
I spent another 2 hours trying to farm ghast tears, the current most effective way. As a result I obtained a whole 3 ghast tears!
i doubt you used the best way possible then, i can garantee you that i get at least double that amount of ghast tears in half the time.

What do healing mobs and ghast tears have anything to do with each other.

To me, it just looks like you are lazy. (if you used the method i think you used at least)

i doubt you used the best way possible then, i can garantee you that i get at least double that amount of ghast tears in half the time.
Not sure how? I used fishing and ghasts die sometimes without yielding any tears, they also almost never spawn even when you have a darkroom like I do inside a nether zone.

Also 6 tears in one hour is still not good, at times that is all I can physically play in one day with my schedule...

Not sure how? I used fishing and ghasts die sometimes without yielding any tears, they also almost never spawn even when you have a darkroom like I do inside a nether zone.
yea, you used the techique i tought you did.
if you can reach them with a fishing rod i'm fairly certain that, with a litle bit of efford, you can reach them with a sword too.
use lootingIII for your ghast tears.

Also in Ithania you cannot cure Villager Zombies yet in other worlds you can. Actually this may have been fixed I haven't tried in a while but Hell biomes are in Ithania and that's where Thors ghast farm is so could be a related issue.

@thor5648 I have no idea how you can end up with only 3 ghast tears in an hour. Within a few hours, I've been able to get a full stack of tears, and my fishing isn't even maxed. And this was still while I could not use health pots on ghasts.

Edit: I also feel that this "fix" would actually cut the value of ghast tears far more than would be helpful for the economy.

@thor5648 I have no idea how you can end up with only 3 ghast tears in an hour. Within a few hours, I've been able to get a full stack of tears, and my fishing isn't even maxed. And this was still while I could not use health pots on ghasts.

Edit: I also feel that this "fix" would actually cut the value of ghast tears far more than would be helpful for the economy.
It has always been like this, so ghast tears would just maintain their value.

yea, you used the techique i tought you did.
if you can reach them with a fishing rod i'm fairly certain that, with a litle bit of efford, you can reach them with a sword too.
use lootingIII for your ghast tears.

If you have ever fished a ghast, it is way more efficient than killing it, so you aren't very qualified to be stating what is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.