Archived Afk Chat Alarm

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proudbucket

Custom title
Reaction score
Suggestions:
1) A command that play a sound when you get a pm or when there is a message in certain channel.
2) A command that plays a sound when a specific player logs in.

Discussion:

1) Sometimes one wants to be available for chat but not actively playing. Having a chat alarm allows you to AFK while you await for a a message in a specific channel. This could also help players to wait for their ticket to be answered. The alarm could also help staff to see when there is a message in a channel like Help or Cheat or when someone sends them a pm.

2) Sometimes one is waiting for a player to log in but doesn't want to be actively playing. Having a chat alarm allows you to AFK while you wait for a friend or a staff member to log in.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Nice idea. The only question is if its possible.

I remember something mentioned last year about why massive does not have an AFK system, and I think it's because role players tend to stand in the exact same place only chatting and sometimes that registers as afk? but i dont remember for sure

I can't confirm, but I remember reading something somewhere that there wouldn't be a an auto-AFK kicker because it helps boost the playcount when people have their alts on just looking cute for the server.

This proposal is not to detect when a player is AFK.
This proposal helps people that is AFK to detect events that happen in-game.

This proposal is not to detect when a player is AFK.
This proposal helps people that is AFK to detect events that happen in-game.
If it doesn't detect when a person is AFK then that means the alert would go off after every single message which would be quite annoying and spammy. It needs a trigger so people don't lose their mind for being in a large group of people roleplaying with a noise going off after every single thing in chat.

If it doesn't detect when a person is AFK then that means the alert would go off after every single message which would be quite annoying and spammy. It needs a trigger so people don't lose their mind for being in a large group of people roleplaying with a noise going off after every single thing in chat.
Some servers put you in auto afk if you have done nothing for a while (usualy 5 minuts).
'not doing something' also usualy ment "not walking, not breaking/placing anything or not typing in chat".

Some servers put you in auto afk if you have done nothing for a while (usualy 5 minuts).
'not doing something' also usualy ment "not walking, not breaking/placing anything or not typing in chat".
I know this but if you read above there's been talk about problems with an AFK system on Massive. My point is for this to work it needs to detect when a player is AFK.

I know this but if you read above there's been talk about problems with an AFK system on Massive. My point is for this to work it needs to detect when a player is AFK.
/sounds
Sound plays when a message is recieved.
/sounds
Sound does not play when a message is recieved.

It's a pretty common donator feature on other servers.

If it doesn't detect when a person is AFK then that means the alert would go off after every single message which would be quite annoying and spammy.

You only need to get the alarm once.
You type "/chat alarm direct" and you will get an alarm only when you receive a pm for the first time.
Then you can check the game, answer the pm and when you are done you type the command again and go to work knowing that you wont miss any pm.

Why not just do /chat nottoggle [channel] (toggle notification is nottoggle), the default will be off automatically for each channel but the only channels I would see this would be useful in is direct, faction and ally chat or maybe you could maybe get a notification if it detects your name in a channel you are joined to. It is a simple addition to the MassiveChat plugin but I would maybe find it annoying having to rearm the feature after someone messages me to use and disable the alarm and then having to type the same command over and over to re-enable it. Just food for thought.

Last edited:
This feature has been previously suggested and rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.