Adding Details To /seen

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by hardname12, May 13, 2018.

1. hardname12

hardname12 1v7 no potz

Now I don't know how hard this would be but why not add more details to /seen. I was just thinking about it like yeah it says a lot about your bans mutes and shit which I totally don't have a lot of, but why not more about what the person does. Like yeah you can see what faction they're in but maybe add something like a tag that you can change that says Warrior or builder or role player its just a thought I had while looking at it maybe someone has a more creative idea.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

I like it

3. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

Show wether they are an alt or not

4. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

Yeah... no that is never happening. We never tell anyone who is an alt of who. You're never getting that.

Now in relation to Hardname's request.

This would always be a great idea to implement and while I would love to see something along the lines of what you have suggested but I am going to come out with the old excuse tech support. Currently we have tech working at full steam, squashing out bugs and getting us ready for the next MC update. Then there is stuff people are requesting to see in factions. There is such a long list of stuff that we want to get done, we have to sacrifice other things.

You said "it says a lot about your bans mutes". It actually doesn't, not for staff anyway. I would place more priority on getting a more thorough system of recording in-game brought into /seen or through a separate command such as "/ban history" for example but that's for another day.

TL;DR: This would be nice but currently we may not have the time for tech to implement such a feature.

5. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Cnoc has indigestion

this is a good suggestion

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  6. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

Making Factions better and making the server work on 1.13 definitely has priority, but once those are out, a simple /seentype Roleplay/Survival/PVP to add a little tag to seen shouldn't be too much work. Not priority though at all atm, I would rather the time is spent making Factions and Survival more enjoyable and functional. Game/Survival Staff support of that side of things has helped a LOT but it still has a ways to go I think.

7. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

why not just use the /char command and just use Survival information instead of RP stuff?

8. Winterless

nerp

1.13 will break backwards compatability

9. Herecy

Herecy Demon king & Founder of Wrath

I don't like the idea of the labels of rper,pvper, etc. you're on a server that accommodates all three. you're a player either way and these labels are very stupid and segregate players into tight groups.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Conflee

Possibly. Its still happening though so 'nerp' wont do anything. If its gonna happen (which it is as said above) I'd rather staff power be put towards making the transition as smooth and quick as possible.

11. Winterless

is it though? Who told you that?

"I'd rather staff power be put towards making the transition as smooth and quick as possible."
    No like, you don't understand. 1.13 literally changes the game's code and how it handles blocks and metadata.

Backwards compatibility will be literally impossible for the server at least until someone finds a solution

12. Conflee

I do know this. Its one of my biggest concerns in the future because of my MassiveBound expansion pack because it will make me rewrite around 400 property files. Hence why I think staff power is needed in that area: MassiveMagic, our vote rewards system, almost everything will need to have any mention of old ids to be rewritten to the new ones. That takes time, and needs to be done ASAP.

13. hardname12

hardname12 1v7 no potz

It was just an idea I didn't think it should be the only implementation, I was hoping others would come up with some better ideas

14. Conflee

maybe just make it so you put your own "Title" in like you do on the forums. More versatile, less divisive.

15. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

Tech staff are currently working at full speed to ensure that we can satisfy all the needs of the playerbase. That is all I can say at this present moment in time.

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. aprader1

aprader1 Insert amazing title here

Maybe, but that’s why we code things in the way we do. Ya, some stuff probably will break. But stuff breaks in EVERY version. I don’t think everything is screwed but there will be a few fixes.

17. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

I actually agree quite a bit with what @Herecy said, as some of you may know, but I think it may not hurt to be able to put what your favourite activity is. Heck, let it allow you to fill out your favourite everything, if you want. The only problem here is that, like some other ideas I've commented on, it takes coding time away from more important things.
    Though, on a quick side note, then you also get people like me. I Build, RP, and also enjoy PvP (even if I don't do it well or do it often).