Archived A Possible Fix To The Naming Of Great House Factions

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Boogjangels

Is beans the problem, Doctor?
Reaction score
Faction
Verdandil/Armaschleit
Roleplay Guilds
Archeaology Guild
So I really couldn't figure out a way to explain this in the title, so let me explain it at length right now. The Great House project is an amazing idea, I'm more excited for this than I was for massivemagic, however... there is one small detail that feels odd.

So as it is right now, great house factions are named like so: "Great House of [faction name].

I found this a bit odd, considering the name of the faction isn't necessarily the name of the great house. On top of this, this title format gives no way of displaying the ruling family name, which in my personal opinion deserves to be displayed just as much as the faction name (considering this is all going to be tied to roleplay).

So this is my idea; what if we changed the format to something along the lines of [great house name], great house of [faction name]? If we used Deldrimor as an example, the new format would look like "Visarion, great house of Deldrimor", rather than just "Great House of Deldrimor".

It's a small change, but I thought it might make a big difference down the line. What do you guys think?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Doesn't really matter and just clutters the name.

Does it though? Keep in mind, this would only be used when mentioning the great house in a formal sense. The shorthand would just simply be the faction name, like it's always been

Does it though? Keep in mind, this would only be used when mentioning the great house in a formal sense. The shorthand would just simply be the faction name, like it's always been
For the progression post we did "House Visarion of Deldrimor" and so on