A Note From The Lady Whistledown

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by SpunSugar, May 17, 2021.

1. SpunSugar

SpunSugar Audacity Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To those in the Imperial Court,

It is with utmost gratitude and unwavering delight that I look forward to ushering in a golden age of happiness and prosperity to the imperial court.

The difficulties and trials of life have only just begun when a young lord or lady fancies themselves to be of sufficient importance to become married. They know little of the true importance of self-control, until she or he experiences the first indications of preference shown to them by a suitor. Such indications often manifest themselves while they to whom these amorous feelings are directed are wholly unprepared to analyze their own feelings before opinions on their life experience are by any means developed; before they have even considered adequately on what their happiness depends; before they have discernment to reject what is frivolous, or wisdom to prefer what is good.

I am inclined to believe that, with good temper, pleasing manners, and respectable connections, there exists in society, very few young ladies and gentlemen who will not receive a mark of distinction from an appropriate partner with which to traverse the many journeys of life. And I shall be undertaking the interviews and delving enough to discern what these good lords and ladies require in order to forge matches that progress their families, themselves, and the Empire.

I intend to publish a series of Court Circulars to inform the peerage of the goings-on in the Imperial Court, and to note those members of the peerage who engage in the necessary activities expected of all nobles to uphold the glory and the duty gifted to us by His Imperial Holiness. The standards of nobility should strive for the highest peaks, in order to better represent our most exalted Empire. I request all those who wish to participate in this most illustrious programme find me, and we can have a nice chat over a cup of tea.

Chin up, ladies and gentlemen. This will be fun.

Genevieve Howlester

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
  2. Arganam

Arganam Lord Brandt von Eisner

"Hmph. Duchess Mac Conal didn't last long. I wonder why..." Brandt wondered aloud.