Archived A Few Suggestions To Make Surviving A Bit Less Easy

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

favoured

Pink Fluffy Unicorn
Reaction score
Faction
Zion
Mobs

Here's a few ideas regarding zombies.
1) If its possible, make it so occasionally zombies spawn in large hordes of around 30-100, so we start having hordes of zombies roaming around the countryside, besieging small villages. Hordes will spawn at least 10 chunks away from claimed land.
2)Make it so when a zombie is "aggro'd" they will start attracting zombies from a 45 block radius.
3)Make it so that zombies or mobs in general have a chance of doing damage to a specific body part. For example, a zombie can "break one of your legs" (temporarily add the slow debuff onto you) or "swipe its claws across your eyes" (temporary blindness) and other things similar to that.
4) Possibly make it so zombies can spread "diseases" onto you, which in turn can be transferred to other players through combat. These diseases would have various debuffs, such as blindness or weakness, before finally killing you.

Seasons

Here's what I think a plugin about seasons should involve.
1) 4 seasons, each taking up around a week IRL.
2) Each seasons would have a dramatic impact on the environment, for example:
Spring: Tree's automatically drop saplings, tall grass grows naturally
Summer: Staying outside in Deserts will do damage to you over time.
Fall: Heavy rain breaks saplings and tall grass.
Winter: Constant snow, up to 3 blocks of snow can pile up naturally in any biome except Rainforests and Deserts.

Races

1) Each race will have a "home" biome and "hostile" biome.
a)Elves:
Home: Forest, elves gain the ability to go invisible by "consuming" experience.
Hostile: Desert, elves get a slowness debuff.
b) Orcs:
Home: Deserts, orcs get a speed buff.
Hostile: Forests, orcs have a blindness debuff (agh! I can't see anything through these trees!)
c)Dwarves:
Home: Mountains,dwarves can go invisible by "consuming" experience. (Curses, they've hid behind the rocks! Curse their small size!)
Hostile: Rainforest, dwarves get a slowness debuff in rainforests. (Why do I keep tripping over vines....)
d)Naga-
Home: Rainforests, Naga have a 10% chance to apply a 4 second poison debuff onto armored enemies, a 70% chance to apply it onto unarmored.
Hostile: Mountains, Naga have a nausea debuff in mountains. (What...what is this? Where are the trees and vines?) This effect also applies to deserts and grasslands.
2) Humans, Vespids, and Undead will all have no home or hostile territories because:
a) Humans- Humans have settled in almost every possible environment, and as such have no particular affinity or hatred of any.
b) Vespids- So many subclasses that you're bound to find vespid in almost any location.
c) Undead- Lack of available lore.
3) This biome system might be a tad unbalanced, so I might add vespids, humans, and undead to it in the future.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Eh, its mostly meant to make settlements a bit more "realistic", so you don't find elves living in deserts, or dwarves inhabiting rainforests.

Elves living in the desert has been done in games before though. I'm pretty sure this games elves probably don't like it but Desert Elves are so farfetched.

In Mabinogi the Elf races home is in the middle of a desert. Although it did used to be a forest.

That said, I very much like this idea.

I skimmed this after like post 15 or so... :P

I did notice a "Unique MassiveCraft Seasons" idea, and so decided to expand it a bit because, well, I'm bored but don't want to go through the difficult task of actually logging in.

Ether ([n]Eth-er) - Ether is the Season of Rains, which is pretty self explanatory in that it rains a lot more during this season.
Effects: Rainy, Greenery, Soggy Soil​
Rainy - Rain lasts 3 times longer and comes twice as often. If possible the rain will slowly reach normal levels as the season continues.​
Greenery - Saplings grow to trees in 1/4 time, grass/mycillium grows faster, flowers, grass, and ferns self-plant/grow.​
Soggy Soil - Maiar can live above the water for twice as long during this season due to damp air, all non-Maiar, Human, and Vespid suffer a slowness effect when it rains.​
Duration: 1 Real World Week.​
Next Season: Harlo​
Harlo (Har-lue) - Harlo is the Season of Days, with longer days, no rain, and many lighting fires near the endgame for the season.
Effects: Bone-Dry, Sunnyside, Heat-aches.​
Bone-Dry - Plants do not grow during the Harlo Season unless they are next to water, lightning strikes at random instead of rainstorms.​
Sunnyside - Days are twice as long and nights half as long during Harlo, mobs spawn at 1/2 normal rate.​
Heat-Aches - All non-Orc, Qadir, or Dakkar will suffer a slowness effect during the day.​
Duration: 2 Real World Weeks​
Next Season: Jrall​
Jrall (ger-all) - Jrall is the Season of Winds, with high winds and short but powerful storms being the main weather pattern.
Effects: Windsday, Air Resistance, Leaves in the Wind​
Windsday - No plants can be planted due to high winds scattering the seeds everywhere. Grass/ferns/mushrooms/flowers will break themselves at random. (all within a 2 chunk radius of the player mind you)​
Air Resistance - All non-Dwarf, Elf, and Yanar will suffer a slowness effect during the day.​
Leaves in the Wind - Leaves will vanish at random (even if wood is nearby).​
Duration: 1 Real World Week.​
Next Season: Triit​
Triit (Tree-it) - Triit is the Season of Night, with longer nights spotted with the occasional snowstorm.
Effects: Shadowstalker, Long Night, Darkness Haunts​
Shadowstalker - All non-Undead, Vampires, and Tigran get a slowness effect at night.​
Long Night -Nights are four times as long and days are 1/4th as long. (apposite cycle of Harlo)​
Darkness Haunts - Mobs spawn twice as often.​
Duration: 2 Real World Weeks​
Next Season: Juryn​
Juryn (Jer-ine) - Juryn is the Season of Snows, with heavy snowfall with steadily warming temperatures and steadily worsening storms.
Effects: Blizzards, Snowblind, Chills​
Blizzards - It snows twice as much during these seasons, and in all places except deserts and rainforests (where it rains instead). All races except Frostmane/morne get a visibility debuff during snowstorms.​
Snowblind - All non-Frostmorne/mane, Dakkar, and Undead get a slowness effect due to cold.​
Chills - Nothing grows during this season and all saplings will die.​
Duration: 1 Real World Week​
Next Season: Ether​

I'm not even sure the above is code-able... but it would be cool to see races attacking each other during their "prime season" when they have an advantage over other races. I admit, the names are a bit... bad for me, but what can I say... :P

If anything, survival is TOO easy. When was the last time you died above ground? The only really dangerous things up above are players and caves would be a bit cramped for an immense horde to spawn in. I can see how darkrooms will be harder, but zombies are supposed to be dangerous creatures. Most of the time you can run (relatively) free of danger above ground at night . But with mass hordes, zombies could actually be a threat, night time will be when you hunker underground, stroll through your walled town, or mine. Even then, they're still slow, as long as you have a wall or a pair of legs, your fine. The zombie swarms would only create more realistic and intense zombie sieges on villages and small towns. As for a solid RP reason, I could not think of one but I definitely agree on the need of one.

About that zombie horde....

Maybe we should make it a special event... like a massive spawn of 200+ zombies somewhere in abandoned village far from most of the factions.

Maybe build a portal .... or someting that looks like one as a explaination how they got here....

And they can slowly spawn every once in a while at day... at night all the time for.... lets say a week... they can carry armor that protects them from burning.... so they still represent threat at daytime...

If you like it we can open a new topic about it.... ;)

Maybe some evil mage person made a portal and unleashed a few hundred zombies into some town he didn't like? ...Although, I hope that the horde wouldn't despawn and would wander about eating players until someone finally took care of it.

For the zombie idea: Massivecraft will become The Walking Dead.
For the seasons idea: Winter is coming.
For the hostile and home biomes idea: Regalia is the hostile biome for anyone who isn't a human. "Eurgh, damn elves. Don't look them in the eyes or it will give you warts." -Pretty much every noble ever.

Love the zombie idea not so sure about the seasons and still thinking about the biomes thing for races.

Face it, mobs are basically a push over thanks to mcMMO. I ran into this same issue while working on my own server. Some of the things that I did:

• Made mobs much tougher. (Effects when struck, higher spawn rates, etc)
  • Made passive mobs much less likely to spawn.
  • Increased the grow time of all plants. (This is configurable in Spigot)
  • Forced players to stop and eat. (I have a plugin that controls this, basically you cannot move and eat)
  • Made fire a much deadlier threat. (Face it, fire in the real world is a very dangerous thing)
It's a very intricate process to add environmental dangers without creating an environment in which the player will not want to play. However, I must admit, it's always nice to have a challenge.

Zombies -
No just no and no. Each time I kill a zombie another one of those darn things spawn next/away from me. There is already 'mini zombie hordes' each time you kill so I see no reason to make it of a greater proportion.

Supported

Also just like to add: Could we not make it so vampires would instantly get ALL their debuffs at once (Instant 100%) if they went out in a desert at day?

And again, people forget about Tigran D: (and also about maiar and dakkar but who cares about them anyway :P)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't orcs used to live in the jungles of Deandroc?

Nagas are like Vespids. There are many different kinds of them. There are more reptiles living in deserts than in forests, so Nagas shouldn't really have disadvantages, but also no advantages.

There are also many different kinds of cats who can live in every biome. So I'd say no dis/advantages for Tigran neither.

Dakkar: Advantage in Nether (seems legit) and maybe desert too, because it would suck if they only have an advantage in the nether.

About the zombie hordes: It would suck if you're just running along the street, minding your own business, and suddenly le wild zombie horde appears? Would be cool if zombie hordes could only spawn next to faction protected chunks and only if people are nearby. But this would probably be a huge scripting nightmare.

I definitely want the wild to be more difficult to survive in. It should mean more to be traveling through the wilderness, not just "lawl I need wood I better go out in the woods in the middle of the night while there are zombies and creepers, but no big deal, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.