A Denouncement On House Du Roserei

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by WildSages, Oct 25, 2023.

1. WildSages

WildSages Hailey

[​IMG]

To the citizens of regalia,
    It saddens me deeply to share this news with our city, but I feel a responsibility to ensure everyone is aware of this troubling situation. On the evening of October 24th, I witnessed a disturbing incident. A Lothar knight, who introduced herself as Countess Ylvi de Roserei, displayed racist and prejudiced behavior that was extremely rude. Her actions were so offensive that I find it difficult to believe she represents the values of the Lothar Order. Even as someone who does not align with the Order, I can discern that the Countess's words and actions do not align with their principles or past conduct.

Below, I will share two statements by Lady Nitza Mecatl and Nafiri, who were present throughout the entire duration and experienced horrendous harassment, along with the many others who were present in this situation.
    “During my visit to the Baskarr Temple, I had an encounter with Countess Ylvi de Roserei. Throughout our interaction, she consistently failed to address me by my name or title, instead referring to me as "Narim," merely identifying my race. When we attempted to educate the Countess about the implications of her actions, explaining that such behavior is considered racist, she denied any wrongdoing and continued to do it. This behavior extended to all non-Ailor individuals she talked to, specifically Silontaar, Asha, and Narim. These actions have led me, along with many others who were present, to conclude that the Countess possesses a significant bias against individuals from beast races.

Furthermore, it is evident that the Countess harbors prejudice against individuals who are adopted. She went so far as to claim that my lack of manners was due to not being born into nobility, even explicitly expressing derogatory sentiments towards adopted individuals. I find this viewpoint deeply offensive because one's worth should not be determined by their birth. I firmly believe that I, like any other noble, hold the same standing, and the fact that I was adopted into my family should bear no significance on this matter.”

Nafiri statement: October 24, 311 AC.
    “I was tending to the Baskarr Temple, cleaning it to maintain its tidiness, when a Lothar Squire of House du Roserei entered the shrine. With genuine warmth, I extended a welcoming greeting to him. However, to my dismay, it took only moments before he launched into a verbal assault, stating I am a Mage, which I have grown accustomed to. Kindly I asked him to refrain from doing such, informing him otherwise.

However, the Squire from House du Roserei took it upon himself to question my faith, asserting that as a devoted Baskarr Worshipper, I followed what he deemed 'fake Gods,' dismissing the validity of my beliefs. He persisted in making these remarks, attempting to persuade me to convert to Unionism. Even after I earnestly requested him to stop and received a reprimand from the Unionist Everian, Countess Gwentyr, he persisted in his proselytizing. Following this, he proceeded to hurl insults at the Asha, labeling me and my kin as 'useless,' contending that our sole value is being 'used by the Lothar Order.'

I made multiple efforts to educate the man on the matter, emphasizing that Asha are not magical people, and that the Baskarr faith is not only not derived from magic but is also a validly recognized faith in Regalia. However, he refused to listen, continuing to hurl racial slurs and dehumanizing names at my race right to my face. His attitude showed no signs of relenting, even after countless polite requests for him to leave.

Later, in close proximity to the grounds of the Baskarr Temple, I bore witness to a horrifying incident in which Sera Ylvi de Roserei brutally whipped a Feka Asha and commanded them to 'Speak only when spoken to, Cat,' adamantly refusing to address any non-Ailor individuals in the vicinity by their names and instead focusing solely on their racial identities. She actively engaged in profiling us and displayed an unwavering refusal to listen to anyone who wasn't Ailor.”

To those who were witnesses to these events, I implore you to come forward with your own statements. Racism is condemned in Regalia, including within the Lorthar Order. If you observed these incidents, please share your accounts so that those responsible can be expelled from their Order and receive the consequences they deserve.

May the Compassion's Hand, Mana, guide yours,
    [​IMG]
    Izel Cemelli Yollohtli Mecatl
    Countess of Arda Ezalt in the province of Mandu
    Matriarch of House Mecatl
    Guild Leader of the Sacred Winds Guild for the Advancement of Science and Arcana

OOC TAGS:
    @Lizehrd @AWildRhia @Gabigailll @sadsoda

• Winner Winner x 19
    • Educated Educated x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    #1 WildSages, Oct 25, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
  2. Snulfur

Snulfur

A Reliquary stamp is placed by the message.
    With it a paper requesting the incident regarding the Narim and Baskarr worshipper to be formally reported to the Reliquary order.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  3. KitchenRefugee

KitchenRefugee Morrlond Enjoyer Supremium

A Compassionborn with sparkling, silver and blue eyes read through the notice that had found its way to her desk. Before long her brows furrowed, Hallowtech hand almost crumpling the paper by the edge, before it was set down with a sharp exhale. She got to writing, soon after attaching her own response to the notice pasted in Floral Court:

To anyone with issues regarding anger and treating others with respect,

I will start off by saying such behavior never acceptable. Demeaning others cannot and should not be defended. In fact, I believe the only acceptable way to conduct oneself is through kindness, though I understand that is a belief hard to grasp for many others.

That said, I do not write this to judge, to cast shame. Instead, this is an offer for help. These issues do not solve themselves. These people do not magically improve overnight. But I promise to do what I can to help better this. I can listen, I can do my best to calm you down, and most importantly I can help guide you to a path of kindness.

If you are interested, please do pen me a letter.

Lady Allynna Mecatl
    Ordvaan-in-training of Mana

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  4. onlyathot

onlyathot the thottiest of them all

[​IMG]
    I write this from my desk, having received such a notice of blatant lies. I will acknowledge your petty slander this one time only, House Mecatl. In the coming days, I will receive and post statements from those who are not of my own Household and staff; rather, people who barely know me but bore witness to the events you discuss now. After which I will no longer acknowledge these filthy, disgusting lies and accusations of racism.

In regards to the Squire:
    I personally came to the temple to apologize for his actions to the Silontaar, Nafiri. There was a Narim person whom I do not know their name, nor did they ever give their name to me; and another Narim I know as Micah (whom I have never once been racist to, and whom I will ask for a statement from as well). There was also the Countess Viviwynne Gwentyr present. Nafiri questioned my presence, hostile on sight, informing me that the "proper" knights had been informed and assuming I came there to arrest him. I told him I had in fact come to better understand the situation which the squire had told me of. It was then the Countess Gwentyr asked who I was. As I began to introduce myself, the squire made a racist and inappropriate comment towards the Silontaar. I punished him on the spot for such an action, reprimanding him in public for all to see his foul behavior; promising further training and punishment. Nafiri admitted that my own actions were not unlike his own and then explained the situation that had occurred. At this point, the Countess Gwentyr and myself made proper introductions and she offered to take the squire on for etiquette and scholarly lessons; an offer I gladly took in front of both Nafiri and the Narim present who still had not introduced themself. Nafiri seemed satisfied with such, and noted in a jesting matter that the squire was lucky it was not Sibolah (I believe that is what he implied) who had been present at the temple. The Squire did nothing else.

Additionally, these exact words as relayed in Nafiri's quote from House Mecatl was not what was explained to my own person.

In regards to Lady Nitza Mecatl, the Asha and Narim present whose names I do not know, and Nafiri:

- I referred to the Lady Nitza Mecatl as "Narim" once, until she promptly informed me of her title and name after which I used in every moment of speaking to her or acknowledging her. Her quote is a blatant lie, and I will acquire statements to prove such in the coming days. You embarrass yourself and your House by posting such plain lies.

- I referred to the Asha present, if I did speak to any of them, as Asha because I did not know their names. The lie that I stated to one Feka-Asha present to "Speak only when spoken to, Cat.", whom has not been named in House Mecatl's filthy slander nor was I ever told their name, had continued to hurl insults, curses, and threats to myself and refused to use my titles and after multiple warnings I used my whip, as I am a Lothar Beast Master and am trained with a whip for melee combat as it was present given the situation going on, which will be explained shortly, to silence them by using a basic combat techqnieu with the whip that all Lothar know; silence a mage. I used the whip to ensare the Asha by the throat, and then cause them to stumble as I released. No harm save for perhaps a bruise ego, as the only words I said following that were, exactly, "Check yourself and hold your tongue.". I did not at all say anything of the sorts regarding the Feka-Asha's race. That is another flat out lie.​

- I referred to the other Narim present who was not Micah as "Narim" because they refused to give me their name; additionally, there was a major issue at hand which will be acknowledged in a moment, keeping mine and everyone else's attention.​

- I referred to Nafiri as a Silontaar. That is true, but I was not racist, I simply refused to acknowledge his name because we have not ever once been friendly to one another. He refers to me as Lothar, or uses my title when others are present. I have tolerated his insolence to a point, but these racist accusations will not stand.

I am a Lothar Knight, and with such comes stereotypes and slander; but I will not tolerate this. I am not, nor have I ever been, racist. I will come to you, House Mecatl, with statements and truths, untouched by pride and greed.

This was something House Mecatl failed to mention and I have brought up earlier:

Right as I introduced myself a Coin of Greed manifested from nothingness: rolling out of the tree which Nafiri rested upon and rolling before himself and all present. I instantly recognized the coin for what it was; yet, before I could act, Nafiri picked the coin up. I immediately ordered him to drop it, after which he made to stand. I then produced my Puretek and once more ordered him to drop it; at this point the others I fear were starting to stare at the coin as well, whilst I always made sure to keep my eyes focused anything else. step away and not to touch or look at the coin. Again, Nafiri refused, I believe at this point already overtaken by the curse, and even Lady Nitza attempted to pry the coin from him and the Fin'ullen mage, Zadicus, even told Nafiri to drop it. Myself and others continued to tell Nafiri to drop the coin. I ordered him to place it on the ground. It is at this point Zadicuss suggested to find any Aelrrigan to cleanse the artifact of its power. I relented to this, but again, ordered Nafiri to drop the coin and allow myself to guard it with the others whilst someone went to find an Aelrrigan. Nafiri, the unnamed Narim, and Lady Nitza began to argue and bicker with me; insisting I allow Nfiri to take it or leave. I told them all no. Lady Nitza then offered to take it, which I explained was even more outlandish as I would not allow a noble to be cursed.

This arguing continued, but I was able to keep Nafiri and the coin in place for the Wyrdd Knight Singe of the Aelrrigan Order to appear with another knight of her Order whom I do not know their name. The Wyrdd Knight Singe asked for the coin, upon which Nafiri gave her a coin. He hid motions from one side, where Lady Nitza and the others stood, whilst myself and the mage Zadicus watched as he gave her a plain facing regal. The Wyrdd Knight Singe began the ritual, and I could watch but for a few moments before going forth and turning the coin over, revealing it was a simple regal -- and the magic of the Aelrrigan Knight destroyed the regal which confirmed such as well. The Lady Nitza made an outcry as I pointed my Puretek at Nafiri, who clearly was consumed by the curse, as the Wyrdd Knight Singe approached and asked for the coin. There was some kind of magical... battle of will, one which the Wyrdd Knight Singe won. More bickering ensued from Lady Nitza and her entourage, who by this point was actively hindering both myself and the Alegrrians who were attempting to cleanse it by distracting all three of us; which proved to be fatal as a nearby Asha rushed the Wyrdd Knight Singe in the moment of chaos. It took all three of us knights to finally capture the Asha, but at this point she had dropped the artifact in the canal nearby. Zaddicus jumped in to grab it given he is a Fin'ullen... and was promptly ensnared by the curse of the coin and departed by waterway to only the Everwatcher knows.
    As I said when I left, and so I say now, may the Everwatcher bless your poor, tortured souls; for I will come forward with truths, House Mecatl, not the slander that the Countess Izel is fond of.

Lady Protector Ylvi du Roserei
    Countess of Sarr
    Confidant Knight, Cursed Retainer, and Beast Master of the Grauwald Chapter of the Lothar Order

OOC TAGS:
    @Lizehrd @AWildRhia @WildSages @OkaDoka @NebulaePrimo

#4 onlyathot, Oct 25, 2023
  5. Annie_Short

Annie_Short that short girl

[​IMG]

While I generally prefer to address issues like these in person, I feel a need for me to comment on this matter, due to my standing as a member of the peerage and, more significantly, as an ordained member of the Unionist Faith.

Countess Ylvi du Roserei, in my limited interactions with you, I hold no ill opinion. Nevertheless, I must express my disapproval of any disrespect directed towards individuals you may find disagreeable, especially within the confines of their place of worship. I respect your commitment to the principles of the Lothar Order and acknowledge the constraints that come with it. However, I urge you to consider that hurling insults, particularly in light of your recent efforts to create connections, will only serve to destroy your standing and invite further calls for your exclusion.

The Lady Nitza Mecatl, who was adopted into House Mecatl as a child, embodies values held dear by the Mother Gods Ness and Eora. With this in mind, I know that House Mecatl’s act is seen as favorable in their eyes. With this opportunity, Lady Mecatl will strive to contribute to the elevation of our Empire in the name of her House, a concept we all strive to achieve in the name of the Emperor. Any disrespect of Lady Mecatl’s adoption, in essence, is a slight against the teachings of the Mother Gods, for which seeking forgiveness is advised.

Regarding the unnamed Squire, their actions do not merely reflect on your house but on your teachings within the Order and our Faith as a whole. Under no circumstances should our endeavors to expand our faith be decorated by insults upon others. Such conduct will not forge the bonds between us but, rather, create divisions. I admire your attempts to embrace more followers of the Everwatcher, but I cannot endorse the manner in which these efforts were carried out. Should this Squire wish to engage in a more constructive conversation about their desires to spread our faith, they will find a warm welcome from both me and fellow Everians I am certain.

In these trying times, it is almost required that we do not further fragment ourselves through personal biases. Given the current state of affairs, actions like these may be perceived as an attempt to conjure discourse among the servants of the Empire when unity is what we should be striving for. I implore you to seek reconciliation with those who have been affected.

To Lady Nitza Mecatl and Nafiri, I extend my sincere apologies for the mistreatment within your place of worship, which is meant to be a sanctuary. I hope such an incident will not be repeated.

I would also like to remind the peerage that word of mouth is much more effective compared to the use of postage.

May His Light Guide Us.

Tuija Vikstrom
    Everian of Regalia
    Blessed of Juvin
    Countess of Oxenfurd

• Powerful Powerful x 9
  6. Iyyiushi

Iyyiushi Refugee Supremium

The Reliquary is investigating this matter under charges of assault on Holy Grounds and assault against Unionist Priesthood.

The Above was struck through. It now reads: The Reliquary is investigating this matter under charges of assault on Holy Grounds.

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #6 Iyyiushi, Oct 25, 2023
  7. onlyathot

((for ease of reference i have copied my thread to here! unsure how to delete either so they will both remain posted, feel free to reply to either!))

8. onlyathot

Another simple notice was left, much shorter than the other post:

The Viridians have been made aware. Expect your lies to tumble and collapse upon yourself and your House.

Lady Protector Ylvi du Roserei
    Countess of Sarr
    Confidant Knight, Beast Master, and Cursed Retainer of the Lothar Order

9. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

Four copies of this notice are made: one is sent to House Mecatl @WildSages, one to House du Roserei @onlyathot, one to the Reliquary Order @Iyyiushi, and one is placed outside the Gwentyr Estate

[​IMG]

From the desk of Viviwynne Gwentyr,

Since both parties in this incident cite myself as a witness, allow me to provide my witness statement here.

To begin, I find Nafiri’s statement on the matter to be correct, save for one minor point – that the Lothar squire, not the Lady-Protector, was the one who said “Speak only when spoken to, Cat,” for which they were minorly physically disciplined by the Lady-Protector. And to clarify one point in the given statement, my reprimand of the squire was this: that his words showed he failed to understand the Golden Lessons of both Sinnavei and Eirlys, and Tanthor and Dari. Despite wrapping his prejudice in Unionist-sounding language, his perspective was anything but.

Picking up from Nafiri's statement, after refusing to leave several times and continuing to spew hatred, the squire eventually did go outside the temple, but only after Nafiri exited first. This is where a physical altercation began, so I went to find knights to resolve the dispute. I stumbled upon some sort of show near the Golden Willow, which had several knights and nobles in attendance. After explaining the situation, the group set off to the Baskarr temple, by which point Nafiri had begun to use magic. The Aelriggan Order took Nafiri aside and sent them off to Greygate to pay a fine for magic usage and assault, while the Reliquary Knight Sera Eleaniare had the Lothar Squire apologize for his actions as punishment, although I do wonder how sincere of an apology it was. Nevertheless, the situation was deemed as having been resolved, and most on the scene left.

A short time later, the Lady-Protector du Roserei returned with her squire and demanded to know what had happened, although she did not introduce herself until prompted and seemed generally unfriendly. It was here where we learned the man was her squire and cousin, for he refused to give a last name and did not seem to want to identify himself. After the situation was explained to the Lady-Protector, she did reprimand her squire and promised to train him to be better. At this point I offered to teach the squire about the Golden Lessons of Sinnavei and Eirlys, and Tanthor and Dari, as it was clear he did not understand how to follow proper Unionist teachings. Confident that the situation had been fully resolved and that another noblewoman, the Lady Nitza Mecatl was now present to be a witness should anything further occur, I left and so cannot comment on the other events that occurred. However, having learned about them now, I extend my invitation to learn more about proper Unionist virtue and behavior on the matter of other faiths to the Lady-Protector herself, as well as anyone else who is interested.

If any knightly orders or the Metropolitan are investigating and require a more robust statement, they can reach out to me.

As we walk along the way,
    Everian Viviwynne Gwentyr
    Countess of Alstyr

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Educated Educated x 1
  10. WildSages

WildSages Hailey

The Mecatl looked at the response with the most utterly dumbfounded expression she had ever worn. Lowering the papers back onto the table, she turned to Siralli and let out a laugh.

"How FOOLISH can this woman be?"

She didn't even bother to submit a reply to their statement, deeming it a genuine waste of her time as the knight was blinded by stupidity.

11. BeetrootSalad

BeetrootSalad the gremlin Supremium

787968A9-8CBC-4F63-836F-34213FB0799A.png
    80B72E2F-61BB-473A-8C0A-F8FE776C952C.jpeg
    THIS AFFAIR IS UNDER INTERNAL INVESTIGATION.

WE DIE IN THE DARK SO THAT THEY MAY WALK IN THE LIGHT.

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Constructive Constructive x 1