• Regalian Roleplay Rules

1. Roleplay rules apply in this category.
    2. Posts are in-character.
    3. Posts are not anonymous.
    4. Posts and reactions made to posts are public. What your character says or does is known by all other characters. If you would like a reaction to be private, do not post it as a public response to a thread. Roleplay it out on the server!
    5. Out-of-character commentary on threads is not allowed unless it is specifically spoiled or bracketed, and/or highlights additional information for in-character responses.
    6. Meme responses are not allowed. This includes reposting the same content as the poster(s) above, or repeating catch phrases on a post.

A Debate Against Slavery, From The Beggar

FurszRE.png

Several papers would have been found around the city, put up in notable locations by paid street urchins in the early hours of dawn, marked with the Beggar's Sigil.

d8VHDEv.png

Those holding the faith of Union have oft found themselves supportive of the keeping of slaves, by virtue of the Third Creed, which states "Be it they cannot or will not prove themselves worthy of the Great Way, they shall be our slaves and servants when the time comes, that time of such great Regalian might and prominence." which many interpret to indicate that those of other, lower races might find their way to paradise through service to the Spirit, by enslavement. However, I disagree fully with this assessment. Take this analogy: If you have a man working for you, but you must keep him under watch day in and day out to ensure he does not steal from your establishment, is he really a good employee? I say not- even if he never steals due to your precautions, he is hardly suitable.

Good actions are not good if they are forced. It is not a faithful choice if there is no choice. And there is no redemption if the service is forced, as slaves are. If the 'lesser' races are to redeem themselves, to further the Great Way and enter paradise as the Spirit desires, they must be allowed to prove their faith of their own free will, not at sword point or in chains. To limit them in such a way is to act wholly against the will of the Spirit and against the progression of the Great Way.

The Thirteenth Creed further supports this, with the following, and brings up another point of contention: "A person can never be at peace with a theology forced at the end of a sword. Inversely, a person can truly be at peace with a theology when it is trained with a sword like a soldier does." To revoke the rights of those of lesser birth or faith to bear arms, is also to act against the interests of the Empire and the Spirit. The greatest services one can lend to the Great Way are the birthing of Ailor children, and to bear arms against the Empire's enemies. Those of the lesser races are incapable of the first, and so to strip them of the second is a disservice to them, and an act against the will of the Spirit and against the progression of the Great Way.

And it is so that I write this. To speak against these lesser acknowledged heresies, and plead for the intent of the faith to be upheld by those who claim allegiance to it. For to do elsewise is false and treasonous to the Holy Spirit.

~ Cadent, the Beggar

@ A A Beggar Sigil.png

d8VHDEv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree fully, and I am glad this has been brought to light.

Aaron de Girard

In a tavern somewhere, a crowd is gathered around a table to watch a cloaked figure work magic of the hands.

His show is about to end, and he ends it the way he always does:

"Now, folks, at the beginning of the show, I told you all to keep a sharp eye on your wallets." Pulling a wallet out of his pocket and tossing it to one of the spectators, he continues: "Evidently some of you did a very poor job."

"I am a gracious man, and not a criminal, so I will return your wallets with one condition-- you keep whatever is inside."

Some of the spectators seem quite confused, but some others eagerly accept. There is much whispering among the crowd: "Last time he gave us all a Lapis amulet." "One time it was Regals." "I was there when he gave us all our card from that one trick."

However, when the crowd goes to open their wallets, they are met with a neatly folded piece of paper bearing the Beggar's Sigil.

The paper reads:

Those holding the faith of Union have oft found themselves supportive of the keeping of slaves...

"Slaves are slaves, why care about them?" A certain Guard said.

And shortly after dawn, all of these papers were tore down and destroyed as their content was highly heretical in nature and spoke of matters of religion without any support from the Holy Synod or a proper religious figure. On top of that, the Tavern and all major businesses/political lobbies had not been properly registered with before said posts went up.

Status
Not open for further replies.