A Call To Adventure

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Winterless, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

[​IMG]
    The following would be pinned on most noticeboards in respectable areas, as well as a few seedy ones, a pin driven through a blue lighting bolt wax seal to secure it to the wood.
    My name is Wilvamair Arnyn. Some of you know me as an Aelriggan, a drunkard, or another smug pair of purple eyes in a sea of smug Archon. But I consider myself an adventurer, first and foremost. It was adventure that brought me to the twinkling capital of Ailordom, and I'd like to return to it.

But an adventurer who travels alone does not stay a living adventurer for long. Adventuring gets lonely, and outlandish tales of treasure, battle, and romance are much more believable when I'm not the only one recounting them. So I'm recruiting a team. A posse. A crew. The following are traits that may serve useful in would-be applicant:
    • An adventurer's spirit. The clue is in the name.
    • Training in diplomacy, combat, and leadership. Adventure isn't always safe, and our presence may not always be welcome.
    • People who are good at thinking of names for groups. (NEEDED URGENTLY)
    • Common sense. But not too much.
    • Medics, hunters, and sailors. There will probably be injuries. And we will probably need food. And we will definitely need a boat.
    People who have tried to kill me need not apply. People who have succeeded may be considered.

Knights are doubly welcome to apply.

I hope to see you out there. Reply under this notice.
    Wilvamair Arnyn
    Wydd-Knight of the Aelriggan Order
    Augur of Regulus
    (OOC: This is basically going to be a loose progression group that I can do tourism and other progressions with. The orders will be things like exploring exotic locations, looking for mythical creatures, looking for treasure, etc. I hope it wasn't too obvious that I binged all of the pirates of the caribbean movies before being inspired to form this group xx)​

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #1 Winterless, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  2. FireViper27

FireViper27 The man without a plan

In one of the aforementioned seedier parts of town, a notice seemed to be... typed underneath this one, literally on a handkerchief.

"I wanna come"

~Nnoctor

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

“I am a sailor, tradesman, and a licensed Doctor! Hooray hopefully he’ll accept my application,”

the Kathar pins a note with his mailing address and his skills. izzdar Rashida

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Zen_watermelon

Zen_watermelon

Valhona Gloryfern looked over one such notice, slowly going through the bullet points, one by one.

An adventurer's spirit.
    They were sure they certainly had that. Well, at least, they hoped they did.
    Training in diplomacy, combat, and leadership.
    Diplomacy... was never their strong suit. But they got along with people well enough, and they minded their manners! And they had indeed trained for combat. They had absolutely no leadership experience, but that would just have to do, they supposed.
    People who are good at thinking of names for groups. (NEEDED URGENTLY)
    They got thinking as soon as they saw it.
    'The Regalian Adventuring... League. The Regalian Adventuring... Giuld? The Regalian Adventuring Union?'
    Maybe something besides 'The Regalian.' It was too general. they'd have to ask if the group had any symbols or motto, or colors, perhaps. Ooh- they wondered if the group had a flag, or something of the like! That sure would be neat.

Common sense.
    . . .oh. I mean, they were pretty smart! Well, not really- they were still getting used to the hustle and bustle of the city, and, admittedly, they'd fallen for scams more then a few times, but... they were sure they could think critically when push came to shove. Probably.
    -But not too much.
    Oh, thank goodness.
    Medics, hunters, and sailors.
    Medics! They were a medic! They were both a mundane and occult healer, which they prided themselves on. And they could hunt! Well, they could hunt decently. But if the crew didn't mind a little magic, they could be super helpful with the food situation!

The Yanar bit their lip, mulling it over. It did sound fun. And exciting. And the flier did promise treasure, travel, and a good tale to tell... hmm. They'd have to check with their Cenn, but... but they'd decided to send a letter to this Mr. Arnyn.

The letter was printed on a slightly grass-stained parchment with a glossy ink, the paper emitting a floral scent. A few words are scratched out; the author seemingly having trouble spelling. It reads as follows;

13 Breukelaan, Regalia,
    March 22, 311 AC.

Sera Wilvamair Arnyn,
    I do hope this letter finds you in good health! After seeing your flier earlier today, and reading it over, I have to say your group has sparked my interest. If it's true what you say, that this group will embark on adventures of daring and glory, then I would certainly love to join you! I'd like to officialy formally apply! I beleive think I could be a great asset to your crew, as I do possess combat, medical, and maintenance expeir expirience skills. I already have ideas for the name of the group, too! Maybe something like 'The Regalian Adventurer's Union' or 'The Guild of the Merry,' if those are any good. I was wondering what symbols the group may be ascociated using, as I could definitely find some inspiration there. Lastly, I'd like to assure you of my spirit. I am ready and determined to pursue any quest, face any challenge, and perform any feat! It is my honor to apply! Thank you for your time.

For your consideration,
    -Mx. Valhona Gloryfern

P.S: I am a Mage, and a Yanar, if the information is relavent important to your decision.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. river_essence

river_essence It's morbin' time.

Sutoya's eyes narrowed as he read the page, adjusting his glasses. Giving a sigh, he rolled his shoulders, producing a journal and a pencil, and began to write.

"Wilvamair,

I am a healer, yet with magic, and am rather skilled in the diplomacy part of things. I also have a few other things up my sleeve, but that's for a later date.

I'm proficient in firearms and other weapons if need be, and can come up with aliases if the situation calls for it.

I do hope to hear soon, as I would love to help you in your adventures.

- Sutoya Ivaylo."

((Just find me on discord nerd #Ghostified__#7966))

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

Pinned to the post by a blade of fog was a fairly simple, nicely-written addition.

Sera Wilvamair Arnyn,
    I cannot assure you I come with good names, but I can assure you of my skill wielding magicks and my knowledge of mythical beasts; their tracking, their felling, where they roost, and how to summon them, as well as my skill in command.

We have had our differences recently, I hope that this venture may be a first step toward their resolution.

Meriya Cavaal,
    Commissioner of the Sortelle Metropolitan Chapter,
    Mistwatcher.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. MantaRey

MantaRey repairing the gens Staff Member Lore2

Sera Arnyn,

When your adventures could use a good shot, consider me. Besides, a bit of travel is good for the heart. I'm interested to see what you have in mind moving forward.

- Asgeir

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  8. Simslp

Simslp About as productive as a Typhonus in Ithania.

A certain Ailor was examining one of the notices scattered around the city. Finally, he wrote his own application underneath and pinned it.

"Sera Arnyn,

I know it's certainly been a while, but we both know I love adventure as much as anyone. That's what got me to throw my hat in the ring in the first place, because even though Regalia has a lot to offer, I agree that there's more outside of our beloved capital city.

You may already have a rough idea of what I have to offer, but I'll mention it anyway.
    • An adventurer's spirit.
      • This has already been mentioned above. There's always more to see or feel, so count me in on any adventures that await.
    • Training in diplomacy, combat, and leadership.
      • Unfortunately, I never got around to doing any real diplomatic or commander training. However, you know that I know a bit about magic and combat after my years at Fenn Mohér and with the Anglian Witches. It might not have been asked for specifically, but I'm your man when it comes to cryptic, ancient, and fancy-looking inscriptions that point to some sort of mythical creature or long lost treasure. Reading maps might also not hurt.
    • People who are good at thinking of names for groups. (NEEDED URGENTLY)
      • I've never been good with names.... Maybe "The Snarling Angels", " The Winged Lancers" or "Rovers of the Tempest"?
    • Common sense.
      • Feel free to hit me if I use too much.
    • Medics, hunters, and sailors.
      • I was never much of a medic. I used to dabble a bit in hunting, though that was largely limited to occasional excursions into Anglia and Kintyr that went awry. I could offer the ley lines to guide us to our destination, it makes travel over large expanses of water faster and cheaper. However, if you want the travel time and feel of boats, I'm sure I can fund one or two, and I'll check around with some contacts in Kintyr. The art of sailing is a bit... unfamiliar to me, but nothing that a little magic can't fix.
    You know where to find me or knock on my door.

Signed,
    Lynmard Lomstedt
    Swordsworn of the Bloodcast Order
    Baron of House Gwentyr"

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. cosmoons

cosmoons cosmonaut

A letter would be pinned at the bottom of the notice posted, written with exemplary handwriting on House Abansaddi stationary. It read,
    "To Sera Arnyn,
    I'm not certain of how much use a poet may be to your coalition, though I've trained nearly my whole life in the art of written word, diplomacy, and have experience from the Eronidas military. In addition to this, I've been told I'm rather good at naming groups. Perhaps a name such as 'The Tempest Company' or simply 'The Squall.' I took inspiration from your lightning-bolt insignia, I think it's a rather powerful symbol to base the group's name of.
    Sincerely,
    Lord Aaro A. Abansaddi
    Barony of Pol Shubat."

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Winterless

"You wouldn't be the one that owns that business that contacts Shades, are you?" came the reply underneath.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  11. Winterless

"Good. We'll need sailors. You might not be able to come everywhere with us, being a Kathar. Just a forewarning." came the reply underneath.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  12. Winterless

"Guild of the Merry's a good one. You're hired. You're lucky we won't be writing many letters!" came the reply underneath.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  13. Winterless

"You're hired. Interested to see the said trick up your sleeve." came the reply underneath.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  14. Winterless

"You can join my crew any time, Meriya. You're hired." came the reply underneath.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  15. Winterless

"Our adventures will DEFINITELY need a good shoot. Thank you for applying. You're hired." came the reply underneath.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  16. Winterless

"Good to hear from another Archon. We'll need your wisdom. Consider yourself hired." came the reply underneath.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  17. Winterless

"I don't like Abansaddis. Perhaps you'll change my mind. You're hired, poet. I expect songs to be written of our adventures." came the reply underneath.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  18. Annie_Short

Annie_Short that short girl

A small but detailed letter would be posted along with the many others. The Vikström seal of an owl and snake stamped atop it and read the following message:
    To Sera Arnyn,
    Though I am known to not be a fighter I feel I can offer aid to your growing band of adventurers with my other skills. I have been a known diplomat and scholar and offer those services as well as my skills in medicine if you are in need. I can also offer motivation that proves to empower my allies when needed. My common sense may be "too much" but I will leave that up to you. For names perhaps "The Culmination" or "The Remnants of Valor" would fit but those are only two that pop into my head. Maybe a better name will come to me later on. Until then I hope we can work together in the near future.

Best of Luck & Sincerely,
    Tuija Vikström
    Countess of Risøyhamm
    Imperial Hostess

19. Winterless

"You're hired. We need Diplomats and medics. Keep thinking on those names." came the reply underneath.

20. FireViper27

FireViper27 The man without a plan

"No, yeah thats me"

21. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

A red envelope would arrive addressed to the Sera. It was a deep blood red with gold accents around the sides and back, his name in a gorgeous cursive. It was sealed in a gold wax with the Blàrach crest.

upload_2023-4-5_20-33-53.png

Dear Sera,
    I wish to join your squad of adventurers. I am a diplomat, a general, and I am handy with technology. I also have a flying horse. What more could you want. I hope to hear back from you soon.
    Signed,
    Natharia Blàrach, Countess of Atherdin

22. Winterless

"Nice handwriting. You're hired, and I think you'll be the one writing our official letters from now on."

• Winner Winner x 1