Archived 1.12 Changes To Implement Eventually

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

FireFan96

A miserable little pile of secrets
Staff member
Lore
Reaction score
Faction
Drachovia
I'm just going to cut to the bullets since intros are lame:
  • include the newermobs to /d
    • this includes parrots, evokers,vindicators, shulkers, lamas, and illusioners. None of these mobs would look bad r take up insane amounts of space, so they should be available.
    • Perhaps adding other entities to the list such as the llama spit, and smoke particles as well. This could be utilized in RP for vampires that want to darkwalk as a pile of clouds instead of just emoting.
  • /color to the new blocks
  • maintain the recipe list/advancements across servers
    • this probably is a sharding thing that probably won't happen, but worth a mention for the sake of it.
add other changes below. but they shouldn't be new features, rather changes to current plugins for 1.12 compatibility

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
1.12 has a massive amount of customization available built in for custom crafting and custom achievements. Im not sure how easy this is to implement when considering all the custom stuff going on on massive already- some random conflicts might come up in code or something maybe- but honestly it would be cool to convert some of the custom crafting over to the vanilla systems and add custom advancements and progression for each recipe.

IE for example, you can make it so you have to pick up a specific item, say... "Knowledge Scroll" with a unique ID in the lore. As far as I can tell, you could make it so picking that up unlocks the ability to craft a specific item, for example a new armor, or weapon, etc.

1.12 has a massive amount of customization available built in for custom crafting and custom achievements. Im not sure how easy this is to implement when considering all the custom stuff going on on massive already- some random conflicts might come up in code or something maybe- but honestly it would be cool to convert some of the custom crafting over to the vanilla systems and add custom advancements and progression for each recipe.

IE for example, you can make it so you have to pick up a specific item, say... "Knowledge Scroll" with a unique ID in the lore. As far as I can tell, you could make it so picking that up unlocks the ability to craft a specific item, for example a new armor, or weapon, etc.
This has been discussed and from what i have read its very easy. overhauling the whole system is not really preferred tho.

This has been discussed and from what i have read its very easy. overhauling the whole system is not really preferred tho.
True- I wouldnt want to have staff have to redo the MassiveMagic crafting they already made. BUT, if I am correct, I assume that checking if someone has an advancement should be fairly simple with code. The exact same system could be added, except instead of unlocking customized vanilla crafting it could be used to unlock the ability to craft things with MassiveMagic.

Should be roughly as easy.

True- I wouldnt want to have staff have to redo the MassiveMagic crafting they already made. BUT, if I am correct, I assume that checking if someone has an advancement should be fairly simple with code. The exact same system could be added, except instead of unlocking customized vanilla crafting it could be used to unlock the ability to craft things with MassiveMagic.

Should be roughly as easy.
This is true however massive made this system themselves and it pretty much does everything. However, advancements have a GUI so a quest book can be made as well as a codex etc

With all the pets in the game now- Cats, Dogs, Parrots- it would be nice for the Pets Plugin to make a return, allowing players to buy pet mobs with regals that they can dismiss and resummon, give names, etc. As it stands atm, you cant really get a pet in regalia without just pretending 100% or having a player with premium play it. Which is fun for a while but inconsistent and often grows dull. I want to bring my parrot to regalia danggit!

made a change to the OP

The point of this thread is to highlight some of the non-vanilla changes that should be done to Massive utilizing the current plugins, such as /disguise adding new mobs and /color adding the blocks.