【✯ The Glades' Epitaph ✯】&【۞ Remember The Olde, Cahëllon ۞】

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by bahmboozled, Oct 15, 2021.

1. bahmboozled

bahmboozled bahmboozling Staff Member Roleplay Staff

[​IMG]

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ι════════════════════════════ι▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[​IMG]

"Vacant yet replete, those glades of blades
    Erst where her fondness had once stayed
    Free were those sunny days waded
    Revelled, we, through those streams and lakes
    It has been a year in passing."
    'Wood of Green' by Giancarlo N.H Gonzaga.

|⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘|

From the alcoves of Block 12 that houses the Dörö'urnum Garden's household, a certain Yanar seizes the pen and inks down the following.

"It has been a year in passing.

Soon comes the day where repressed memories of the tragedy resurface. At the same time as the losses are remembered, make use of the day as an opportunity to reflect upon those who constitute the honoured dead within Petalcourt's glades, and those of old Crookback's bay.

When we were so occupied with the reconstruction of Petalcourt, and when we were shocked-still of what happened to the point of doing nothing — we will finally erect a tomb for the dead long due, and make offerings to laud them. Then, settle into respectful silence until our feast where we celebrate and eulogise the dead.

For the bereaved, those who still hold unfettered grudges that fester and grow from back then: I ask you to hold it in; use this day as a means to move on. To let go.

For the perpetrators who still wander loose: I ask that you do not trample upon delicate feelings. Though such is entirely out of my control, and such will be dealt with if so."

With that, the quilled pen's left on the table — having written several copies of this on parchments, Angör tacks it on Petalcourt's noticeboard for anyone to see.

OOC

Why

Acknowledgement of tragedy, loss and suffering from an IC perspective.
    Who
    Anyone that wishes to honour the dead. Religious figures who offer bereavement services are welcome.

What
    Eulogy for those who perished on the 'Night of Twin Flames'. A feast follows afterwards.

Where
    Petalcourt. (TBD)
    When
    Friday. 12 November, 6:15 PM EST.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ι════════════════════════════ι▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[​IMG]

"The baby does not want to be ejected from the womb,
    Man does not want to grow old, get sick, and die.
    Ageing is suffering, illness is suffering, death is suffering."

And at the same time (roughly), strange rumours that the Cahëllon of Regalia stir up on the day.
    A melody beyond the range of ears, but lucid for the heart echoes within the canyons containing Pri'oris' temple.

"And behold the day of tragedy; the massacre of those who lived in, arguably, pitiable squalor, and the slaughter of those who lived in nature's euphony:

In the Lady of Tranquility's place, as Her Eyes, Hands & Mouth, I mourn.

On this day too, I bring forth remembrance of the catastrophe bequeathed upon us—of our ancestors who we only know as unknown visages; those robbed of centuries of history in chains by the Dorkarthic in old Ellador. And," It waves its index to emphasise, "-of those who have perished to the waves of crimson not too long ago.

We will visit the many charnel grounds of Regalia to place down offerings. For those who have departed the realm, and for those who have entered eternal slumber—in hopes that, one day, they will wake up by Nehret's will, whether as the same person or by as a different moniker. For death is a sin, and its concept is intolerable.

We must also however remember that during our struggle, there was a spark of hope that never died out amongst our people, a day where we would be liberated from our Dorkarthic oppressors. As such to honour the departed, and to also show that light can shine even in the darkest of times, we will be creating and lighting lanterns before letting them fly freely into the night.

I call upon the Shepherd (@Lizehrd) of the Vanari, and I call upon the Shòu (@BluKnight10) of the Kura to aid me in this.
    I ask my kindred folk, the Ordaxic-faithful and those who honour the departed to join me in this march across the city."

The dreamlike melody, which seemed to be repressed in water, echoes and dies off. Drulailmon recedes to their aclove within the ghastly ravine.

OOC

Why
    Colossi Ritual that ends with reporting back to the Portal. For the Cahal to gain sustenance, and pledge loyalty to the Colossi.
    Who

Aimed towards the Cahalic-folk, but anyone as long as they do not mind the Exist-afflicted's presence. (With the caveat that they will be ejected from joining in on the Colossi Ritual that happens at the end.)
    What

Remembrance Parade & Lantern Festival. (Kudos to @BluKnight10 for the lantern idea)
    Where

Gathering at Ribcage Ravine.
    When

Saturday. 13 November, 6:15 PM EST.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 bahmboozled, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021