Archived Pipes

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FCCarnilord

Prince
Reaction score
Faction
Inactivity
Kingdom
Inactivity
I was thinking if perhaps a Pipe could be added to Massivecraft, and when right clicked it will let out a puff of smoke. However, there will be a cooldown time so people cant just smoke away and cause a lot of lag, it will probably be like this-
When you right click your pipe, it costs either a paper or a plant within your inventory to emit a puff of smoke while you hold the pipe, and it can be used once every 10 seconds, and attempting to smoke it when the cooldown is not over it will say:
Calm down and breathe slower! You have /// seconds before you can puff again.
There really isn't a huge incentive for requesting this to be added, but it would be a pretty cool detail to some roleplay!
edit: No, there will not be any tobacco or marijuana,
instead of using a plant or piece of paper, you use one charcoal to create one puff

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I do not know that much about these studies and whatnot, but I do know that in my opinion, marijuana and other such drugs should not be in Massivecraft, and that the whole subject of marijuana is off-topic on this post. Argue it out on an off-topic thread, but I would bet all my silver, times 100 since I don't have much of it, that any kind of drug will never even be considered in Massivecraft by the admins. Also, if so many people are going to think of marijuana when introduced to such a simple thing as smoking an old-fashioned pipe, then I may have to withdraw my support for this. Please refrain from bringing up junk like this in a perfectly good idea

I also do know that a great many of these examples are inaccurate, and some of the others are accurate, but do not go for marijuana. Drugs are bad, there is a reason for it. This reason, is that it typically endangers other people besides the user, in a direct fashion. I personally don't like smoking that much more then drugs, I think it is just another form of drugs that people can get addicted to and spend all their money on. Marijuana is currently used for psychological medical reasons, I think it is counterproductive. People become dependent on it, and it is more problems. I don't know all the facts, I don't particularly care, but I know enough.

Also, the whole guns in Australia example? Yes, there is more crime when it is made illegal, as it is in many states in America, (and yes, I do know my facts on this) for one reason. The people who commit the crimes, are going to break the law anyway, so they commit one more and have a gun. The people who need to defend themselves from the criminals, do follow the law, so they don't have a gun. Prime example, look at the difference in crime rates between Texas and California in America. There are better examples, but that one is the most obvious. This also has nothing to do with drugs, they are two completely different situations, so why you would use guns to prove a point in drugs, I have no idea.

Because it is the idea of prohibition vs. legalization. When something is prohibited, more people tend to do it, good example would be the American prohibition. Prohibited alcohol, a RIDICULOUS amount of crime started. Also, we spend so much damn money on the "war on drugs" here in america, but have we seen a decrease? No, there has actually been a increase.

Because it is the idea of prohibition vs. legalization. When something is prohibited, more people tend to do it, good example would be the American prohibition. Prohibited alcohol, a RIDICULOUS amount of crime started. Also, we spend so much damn money on the "war on drugs" here in america, but have we seen a decrease? No, there has actually been a increase.
So, assuming this has nothing to do with the gun example, you are saying that we should legalize something, in order to make people stop using it? Although I do agree partly, when you ban something it does seem to merely grow. However, I think this has less to do with how much it is used, as who uses it. Drugs are prohibited, but they are still used. However, they are used by certain people, (half of which have low intelligence, and the other half of which just don't care in my opinion. Many of the people who sell drugs don't do drugs) but not the common person and household, they are not 'common' I probably wouldn't know how to get ahold if drugs if I wanted to, which is probably slightly the point of prohibiting them. This way, only the people who break laws anyway are the ones getting ahold of drugs, and not people who 1: Care about their own welfare and listen to people who know what they are talking about, and 2: follow the rules, so to speak.

This still belongs in an off-topic thread, I will not post any more about drugs, and encourage others to do the same. This whole idea has nothing to do with drugs, and everything to do with looking like Gandalf, to make an example.

Charcoal. He said this.

After all, Charcoal is neither Tobacco nor any other drug, just simply Charcoal. I recommended that because of -COUGH COUGH- so many people veiled many references and already trying to twist my brother's idea which he intends to just be a simple addition to RP. ^___^
celticwitch said:
True and there is little children on the server too..​
True, but then again some of the little children RP as characters that can be constantly drunk or a thief or so on. Otherwise, you do have a VERY good point.

After all, Charcoal is neither Tobacco nor any other drug, just simply Charcoal. I recommended that because of -COUGH COUGH- so many people veiled many references and already trying to twist my brother's idea which he intends to just be a simply addition to RP. ^___^
celticwitch said:
True and there is little children on the server too..​
True, but then again some of the little children RP as characters that can be constantly drunk or a thief or so on. Otherwise, you do have a VERY good point.

Thank you so much Will!

Smoking is the most unattractive, unpleasant thing that could possibly be added to Massivecraft.

Don't do it, Cayorion!

Smoking is the most unattractive, unpleasant thing that could possibly be added to Massivecraft.

Don't do it, Cayorion!
I just kinda suppose my question is why is a drunk character, Vampire seduction and a Brothel is allowed in Regalia, most of the time accepted, and Pipes are seen as an extremely wrong thing... Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.