Zaheer I'l Lasha (updated)

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Last_Link, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Last_Link

Last_Link Dont be that guy

Basic Information
    • Full Name: Zaheer I'l Lasha (Bandage Boy, The Mummy, Walking Band-aid)
    • Race: Ailor (Ithanian)

• Skill Information
      • State the total Proficiency Points.
      • 40 +15 Ailor
      • Summarize the completeness of your character's Proficiency Points here as stipulated. An example:
        • + 30 Fast Blades (+30 Points)
        • +25 Rouge Training (+25 Points)
        • +5 Throwing (+5 Points)
        • +10 Body Care (Ithanian)
      • Summarize the Languages your Character knows with a bullet point list.
        • Common
        • Alt-Regalian
        • D'Ithanie
      • Body Build: Ripped: +30 Blades +5 Throwing +5 Rouge Training (Leaves enough to be muscular but I only want to be ripped, which I have more then enough points for.)
      • Fat: Low
    Visual Information
    • Eye Color: Dark Green
    • Hair Color: No hair
    • Hair Style: No hair
    • Skin Color: Very Darkened Brown
    • Clothing: Full body bandages, leather vest, grey pants, black boots.
    • Height: 5'9
    • Weapon of Choice: Bastard Sword
    Visual Information
    • Zaheer has a very pointed face. His chin, ears, and nose are very sharp. Beyond this his face is very burned and scarred like the rest of his body. Most of the damage to his face just blends together, except for a large scar that runs diagonally across his entire face. His teeth are surprisingly a shockingly bright white if you were to ever see them.
    • Zaheer's body is burned and scarred. It is muscular, but not bulky. He is missing his left hand just below the elbow. And in its place is a beaten up hickory hand, often used as a quick shield.
    • Zaheer's voice is very raspy and dry. He often breaks into coughing fits. This is due to his failed throat slitting and constant smoking of siggs.
    Personality and Abilities
    • First Paragraph: Many simply see Zaheer as a weirdo. He can often come off as rude and generally just a jerk. He tells alot of jokes, to the point where it can get annoying. He doesnt seem to take things that seriously, making fun of political turmoil, assassinations, and much more. If one gets to know him they will come to understand that his general jerkness is mostly just an act, he doesnt just hate others for no reason. Zaheer just thinks that being an a-hole can be alot of fun.
    • Second Paragraph: Zaheer feels an almost constant sense of regret. Over the things he has done, and hasnt done. He knows that he has majorly screwed up many times and hurt others in horrible ways. He has hurt those whom he cares about and made the world a worse place to live then when he found it. While he strongly believes in redemption he doesnt know if its possible after all hes done. One of the few things he is proud of is how he rebelled against the Lo occupation. He thinks that if he keeps doing stuff like that he may be able to right his wrongs.
    • Third Paragraph: Zaheer's family relationships are complicated to say the least. He was born a bastard son to a noble that loved him, yet still regretted having him. His stepmother hated him, she thought that he had no place in the household. His two half-siblings had different opinions of him. His sister was one of his only friends, whilst his brother was his worst enemy. He loved his father and sister, wanting to do his best to make them proud. In his adult life Zaheer has had few real friends. He mostly just turns others away, not being someone who talks about his personal feelings.
    • Fourth Paragraph: Zaheer is strongly against abusing the little guy. While hes not a Jacobin and does partially believe in Ailor superiority he still hates violence against other races. He doesnt mind things like petty theft however, unless said stolen item was taken from himself. In fact, hes not a perfect guy himself, often stealing to get by or ignoring fights that dont concern himself. In his quest to right his wrongs he hasnt been subtle, if your what he considers a bad guy he will try to end you. In general he doesnt take the moral high ground, yet he doesnt stand for flat out evil. Hes a sort of chaotic good.
    • Fifth Paragraph (OPTIONAL): Zaheer is a firm believer in the old gods religion. He wasnt raised to practice it but rather just picked it up in his travels, thinking it to be the truest of all the religions. He worships on a daily basis, particularly to the goddess Julla.
    Weaknesses
    • No Left Hand - This is rather self explanatory. In the retaking of Regalia from Deathling forces Zaheer's left hand was chopped off just below the elbow. He has gotten a wooden arm in it's place but cannot grasp things with it. For example he can no longer hold two knives in both hands.
    • Burned - At the age of 27 Zaheer was locked in his own barn. The building was set ablaze by members of his old gang. The building started to crumble onto him, and his clothes and skin caught on fire. Eventually he was able to kick down the burning door and run outside, all the while still burning. He collapsed and when he awoke, barely alive, he found himself to be completely burned. It took months for him to heal to the point where he was able to do much of anything. Often his skin still hurts terribly.
    • One Eyed - In his early days of Banditry Zaheer caught a knife slash to the face. The blade had sunken partially into his eye, leaving him for the most part completely blind in that eye. Many years later in Regalia Zaheer found himself with no money, and near starving. Someone offered to pay for the blind eye, saying they wanted to wear it as a necklace. Zaheer stupidly accepted, gouging his eye out with a spoon to sell to the man. He wore an eyepatch for some time before being able to afford a glass eye.
    • His Sword- His bastard sword is probably the most important item he owns. He got it after slaying his past gang leader in combat, taking his broken Bastard Sword as a trophy. The gang leader had actually taken it from Zaheer's father after attacking Zaheer's Family Mansion. The sword is just above 3 feet long, with a decorative handle and cross guard. On it are old Ancient Elven markings. The blade is made entirely of Metalitra. The sword predates the Roik house by what is believed to be thousands of years. The long history of the sword is mostly lost to time.
    • Old Gods - Zaheer picked up the teachings of the old gods in his journeys. He is a firm believer in the faith, even though this often gets him into trouble with followers of Unionism.
    • Tabacca - Nothing much to say here. Zaheer loves a good long smoke. He always carries several Siggs on him. He picked up the practice in his time spent in Farah'deen.
    Dislikes
    • Bandits - To say the least Zaheer hates bandits. Twice they killed members of his family, mostly due to his own actions. If he sees a mugging going down he will most certainly intervene.
    • Vampires - Who doesnt hate Vampires. They are the scum of Aloria. He doesnt buy their whole story about needing to drink to survive. They can cure themselves whenever they want. In short he shows no mercy to Vampires.
    • The Ocean - Zaheer just finds something very sinister and creepy about the ocean. While he has been on ships multiple times he will always remain uneasy upon them. He finds the vastness and depth of the ocean at best intimidating and at worst terrifying.
    Relationships

Life Story

Age 0-1 - In a small Ithanian town Damien Roik watched the farm girl he impregnated give birth to his first child, a bastard. He was not just any noble man, he was an Alt Regalian, he knew that keeping the offspring of a common woman would be an insult to his name. But he did anyway. Yet he couldn't simply give the boy his own name, that would be the end to his reputation. Instead he gave him the name of an old Qadir friend he had spent much time traveling with: Zaheer i'l Lasha.

Age 5-13 - Zaheer had a pretty tough childhood, despite growing up in the Mansion of a noble. He was expected to act like a noble, even though he was treated like a commoner. Damien's wife hated Zaheer, hardly ever speaking to the boy. His brother was much the same, only his father and sister supported him. He picked up fencing as a hobby during this time. One day when he was ten the Mariposa School came to his home. They said that they were looking for new students if they had the skill. He asked his father if he could join them, and Damien said that sounded like a great plan. He spent the next five years at the Fonseca Estate. He wasn't much good at first but time was his ally, and he eventually progressed to become a great fighter.

Age 19-22 - Zaheer was now a man, and he knew that this meant he was no longer allowed to stay with his family. So he set out looking for work. But seem nobody was hiring.
    After entering a random tavern to drink away his troubles he met a shady group of six characters. They were lead by a man named Caruk, who said that he would appreciate a man of his skills on a "Job". Soon Zaheer became a common criminal, stealing, pillaging, and murdering his way through Ithania.

Age 22-24 - After a few years of Banditry Zaheer was trusted among the gang, and he told them about his time at the Roik Mansion. This intrigued Caruk, who left in the middle of the night without Zaheer. He was going to rob the Mansion. When Zaheer awoke he found all six of his "friends" had vanished. He followed their footprints, eventually leading him to his childhood home. The place was torn apart. He found three of the members dead, along with his brother and father who had saved time for his mother and sister to escape. Eventually he came face to face with Caruk in the gardens, he was holding Damien's sword, this was the final insult. Zaheer had to fight him. He held his own for a while, but eventually it became obvious that it was nearly over for Zaheer. Using the last of his strength Zaheer pushed over an aging marble column on to the gang leader. It destroyed both him and Damien's sword. Zaheer snatched up the blade, fleeing before the rest of the gang could find him.

Age 24-38 - Zaheer went to Farah'deen, hoping to get as far away from Ithania as possible. He found work as a mercenary, continuing to use his skills as a Mariposa student until he became an expert, skilled in footwork and sheer speed. Briefly he served under the Regalian empire during the Chrysant Wars, this was his first real glimpse of the empire's power. When he came back to Farah'deen he learned the local tongue, and eventually married, settling down and working part time on a farm. His wife eventually gave birth to a baby boy, he was a father.

Although this wouldnt last long, the last two members of his old gang tracked him down. And one late night while Zaheer was working in the barn they sealed the doors shut and lit the barn of fire. Zaheer managed to escape, but was horribly burned. When he awoke and crawled back home he found his wife murdered, although the bandits had spared his son. He gave his son up to an orphanage. He had nowhere to go now, so he moved around for a while, eventually settling in Regalia.

Age 39-40 - Zaheer had been in Regalia for about two years. He couldnt afford a house above ground so he stays in the sewers. Time went on, and Zaheer just went through life day by day. Until the Lo occupation came. Zaheer fought in the rebellion from the start of the war until the end. He was at Rothburg and the battle for Regalia, in which he lost his left hand. After spending some time as a mercenary he eventually got badly injured during the vampire crisis. His injury resulted in him becoming a witchblood, and becoming homeless after being booted from his charter.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Last_Link, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  2. Last_Link

Not done yet

3. Valentinian

Valentinian Have a little faith.

4. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

@Last_Link For now, I am moving this to the WIP section because it is not yet complete. Tag me when the application is complete or you have reposted it in the character application section.

5. Last_Link

Ah, okay

6. Last_Link

I just finished it and missclicked, making me lose everything xD

7. Last_Link

Ill redo it tomorrow

8. Last_Link

9. Last_Link

10. HydraLana

@Last_Link My sole review point is that stating one of his talents is Mariposa Expert isn't really a talent. What makes him an expert however, is, certainly if he has a good grasp of it. I would either remove it entirely or break it down into something else.

Tag me once the edit is done in green.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  11. Last_Link

@HydraLana I decided to just remove it entirely

12. HydraLana

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  13. Last_Link

Prettied up the layout

14. Last_Link

Added him being a mercenary

15. Last_Link

@Magivore has informed me that having one part of the body be stronger then the other is frowned upon. I trust him more then myself, as he is a trustee, and so I have removed it.

16. Last_Link

Updated to fit new skill system

17. HydraLana

@Last_List Please update this application to fit the current Proficiency Point ratio.

18. Last_Link

Updated

19. HydraLana

Your life story must reflect that as he attended a military school, he needs to have started at the age of ten. Please tag me once this edit has been performed in green @Last_Link

20. Last_Link

Done

21. HydraLana

22. Eternal_Wrath

Eternal_Wrath Skagger Dad

I'd like to point out that the bastard sword is listed as a longsword here: Blades

23. Last_Link

Yup but the size of his sword fits in the short sword category, so wouldnt it be technically fine?

24. Eternal_Wrath

Eternal_Wrath Skagger Dad

No clue

25. Last_Link

26. HydraLana

My Review:
    • Please remove the Main Ambition as it is no longer part of the Character Application Template.
    • Please name the Proficiency Points with their full title so I am aware of where each section comes from.
    • Please put the Body Build Section into the correct place as its own section, not connected to the Visual Information Section. Please also show the mathematics for the Physical Stat calculation so I can be sure that you are following the correct line.
    • Life Story:
      • If you can, please run over the LS for grammar issues and similar problems, several currently exist in the limited scan I gave everything and I think it would benefit you to correct them.
      • The Story ends several months ago during the Dragon Crisis, what has he been doing since then?
    Tag me once the edits have been done in green @Last_Link

27. Last_Link

28. Last_Link

29. HydraLana

I am deeply sorry. Approved.