Rena Sophia

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by flareskies, Aug 4, 2017.

1. flareskies

flareskies Time, Patience, and Obscura

decorative-line.png
    Basic information

Full name: Renalia Sophia AKA Xylia Naero
    Race: Drowdar
    Main Ambition: Knowledge and Power

decorative-line.png
    Skill Information

School: Esa-Ajo

Level: Champion

Source: Teachers

decorative-line.png

Visual Information

Eye Color: Green
    Hair Color: White
    Hair style: Long hair kept down in a ponytail
    Skin color: Dark purple
    Clothing: Simple shirt and pants with a brown scarf to match.
    Height: 5'8"
    Body Build: Ripped
    Weapon of Choice: Dual Khopesh

decorative-line.png
    Personality and Abilities

First Paragraph:
    On first appearance Rena appears to be pretty laid back and not all that talkative. Upon meeting her, she usually gives off a very respectful and kind demeanor, rarely calling people on a first name bases. Anyone watching would see her shaking hands and always being pleasant upon meeting someone, always ready to help someone in need. Not only is she polite but she can always be found complimenting someone on nearly any aspect of their life.

Second Paragraph:
    While she appears kind of helpful, she has a fire in her that can be seen every now and then if given the right situation. She can actually be incredibly racist, despising Shendars and paying no heed to Slizzars and similar races. Although she has a strange fondness for Orcs. She rarely thinks about herself as a person, believing that she is whoever she is. She only recognizes herself when comparing her strengths and weaknesses. She thinks less with emotion and more with logic, with a few exceptions. Daring to compare her with Shender would send her into rage. Her only real anxiety and fear is getting on the wrong side of the wrong people.

Third Paragraph:
    Around friends and family, Rena's behavior becomes more of a middle ground between her outward appearance and her inner personality. While still polite, she tends to speak her mind more openly. She's far more blunt and will say her truth even if its not always the kindest thing to say. She also tends to lose a bit more of her stoic appearance and show just a hint of the playful nature in her. She could never be described as eccentric or energetic. A more accurate description would be devious or mischievous. Despite this, this only seems to endear her to her friends all the more. Her friends enjoy her honesty and pleasant personality over the first impression of she gives off.

Fourth paragraph:
    Xylia is a pretty neutural character. While she still has some more just beliefs, and often sides with good, her choices are mostly influenced by what will gain her the most favor. She can be very hypocritical in the way that while she can judge others for their behavior, she never once would reprimand herself for similar actions. Should a situation arise, she would always rather help someone in need rather then laugh. But she is still mostly in it for herself and believes that those too weak to fight are left behind.

decorative-line.png
    Talents

Esa-Ajo
    Rena went through years of training at Esa-Ajo. She spent nineteen years there, most of her life, studying khoptar swordplay. Shortly before reaching Championship level she took up learning dual wielding. She preferred and kept the combat style. During her time there she ended up becoming the leader of her specific patrol that she went to school with. While not the best in her class, she was considered part of the top ranking, known to be dedicated and determined.

Baking
    She's an efficient, skillful fighter who's spent years fighting in the cruel lands of Drowvda... who also loves to bake! Upon coming to Regalia the one thing that she came to love more then anything else in their culture was their vast collection of desserts. She immediately took up baking as to always have a sweet treat ready in case her sweet tooth strikes.

Perceptive
    Rena has the skill and tendency to be aware of all her surroundings. Very little slips by her especially if it stands out as something unnatural or odd. Whether it be a conversation topic, or the way someone is walking, she tends to pick up on it. This often works to her advantage, helping her learn information, predict situations, and befriend people.

decorative-line.png
    Backstory

Rena, originally Xylia, was born to a normal Drowdar family in Drowvda. She was the first and only child in her family.
    She lived a fairly average life until her mother, who also had studied at Esa-Ajo, died while fighting against monsters in their homeland. Xylia was six when it happened, so she has little memory of her today. What little she does remember, she misses and thinks fondly of. Her father continued to raise her alone until she was ten, though they never had a close relationship.
    At age ten she wanted to follow in her mother's footsteps and was sent to study at Esa-Ajo where she spent most of her life at.
    She spent nineteen years studying Khopesh swordplay there until she graduated at champion level. During which time she gained her first and only scar so far, located on her left lower back. She received said scar when a group of non-drow students thought it was funny to pit her against a mutated animal alone.
    She only just survived.

It was this same experience that helped her decide what style of fighting she preferred, preferring evasive and quick attacks as opposed to head on. She wasn't all too social with her fellow students after that, keeping to herself and her studies. This actually hindered her combat and held her back some. The one close relationship she did make was with one of her teachers who had known her mother. Said teacher spent more time with her to help refine her fighting style.
    With someone coming up beside her, she went from being an average fighter, to an excellent one. Upon graduating she decided to return home and live with her father.
    She fought two years of fighting back in her homeland as a higher ranked stag rider. She might have stayed in Drowvda until she heard stories of the Regalian Empire. She mostly heard about the many trials the city had faced, but even more she heard about their every growing empire and the many wars they seemed to waged and won on the rest of Aloria.
    She couldnt help but ask herself when eventually the empire would attack her homeland as well. It was that same question that influenced her choice to leave Drowvda and head to Regalia. She wanted to stay ahead of what she believes to be an inevitable war. She's lives there now trying to make a life for herself.

• Winner Winner x 2
    #1 flareskies, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  2. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Claiming for Aspirant Review, expect a review within 48 hours @flareskies

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Review

Personality and Abilities
    • Is there any difference for how her friends perceive her? While she may do various kind acts, how is she viewed? A simple sentence or two would be fine for this.
    Talents
    • The only issue, and that is only because there is no Alorian equivalent, is parkour. Parkour would not have been apart of the training in the Xaster Citadels where Xylia would have been taught. Replace this talent with another one, if you cannot find another it will not impact your acceptance of this application.
    Life Story
    • Your Life Story is very lacking. I'll go through some points of question and then offer some points for expansion
      • How did her mother die? Then how does this event affect her, if at all. Even if it has no impact I want you to include that.
      • I already addressed the parkour point so you will have to remove that part from the life story.
      • Additionally I want to see some more expansion on these thirteen years. Currently you have it summed up that she learned how to use a sword, but there is room for more here. How was the training? Did she face any difficulties? Perhaps an unexpected situation when placed on patrol when she became Fighter level? Just some more depth would be nice to see.
      • What made Xylia decide to leave her father and go to Regalia? What were the stories she heard?
    • I hope that provides enough to help you expand on the life story. By no means do you have to include everything, but I want to see more here as it defines who Xylia is as a person on what she has experienced in her life.
    Make the above changes and tag me once completed. @flareskies

@Suzzie

4. flareskies

@Wumpatron

Made all the changes! Hope its all good!

5. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

When you list monsters in the life story I want you to specify what they are, whether it be as generic as animals or people. Monster can apply as a word to define many different creatures. I don't see it affecting your approval as it is just a flavor term so long as you are aware that there are no monsters.

Approved

@Suzzie

6. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

@flareskies Are you seeking a re-review on this character application or is the tag an accident?

7. flareskies

@HydraLana

I rewrote her app to try and get her approved as a champion Esa-Ajo I thought that merited the Re-review tag. Am I wrong?

8. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

It helps to tag the original reviewer along with the changes you made, so we know what we need to look over.

Also marking changes in an alternative color is nice as well. It makes our jobs easier.

9. flareskies

Ahh sorry will do that now. @Suzzie

10. flareskies

11. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

I can't believe I missed this when I did the review before, include Esa-Ajo as a talent and tag myself once completed @flareskies

12. flareskies

@Wumpatron

Finished. It's in blue. Replaced Piano with it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. flareskies

14. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Approved

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1