X

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Violettee, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Powerful x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
    #1 Violettee, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2022
  2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

It's been a while since Essalonia has been released. Plopping down a more established spawn hub would be nice. The frontier theme worked well when everyone was still colonizing the land. Now it's time to upgrade the town and make it look more developed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
  3. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

I agree with most of this. Instead of a market, I'd rather just the embassies. I feel like faction-managed markets would be better, and it would provide bonus interest to the embassies. This would also need less input from staff as opposed to managing a market with permissions and whatnot, since factions seem to have different materials available anyways based on biome.

4. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

I meant the factions would sell things to everyone. But yea, if staff aren't managing it then lets go for it!

5. Ethibas T

Ethibas T

I like this idea because I really like the idea of a spawn that helps new players get started in the server in an immersive way and I think a spawn that does the things thst you describe as well as more will do wonders.

6. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

Was quite annoying to see regalia get that tech investment recently and to be honest brought the question into my head, is factions even a priority anymore

7. derpadillo

derpadillo Refugee

@Violettee
    When you mentioned a market like the old /tp market but replied to Moke that it doesn't involve staff it brought to mind some questions:
    1) Per the description: "Players will be granted permission to plant a chest shop inside." Who does this granting?
    2) So there would be something like 11 tent-style stalls and players would be granted permission to put chests in there?
    3) How much room for chests does each stall accommodate?
    4) Can my chests block another person's chests?
    5) Are there pre-determined layout and thus a number of slots available in each stall?
    6) How many chests can I put up in one category shop?
    7) How many of the category shops can I put chests in?
    8) Will there be any costs outside of what I need to spend on locks? Rent?

I don't see this being as useful as the old market because unless the numbers are large it won't allow many people to participate.

8. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

Yes. I'm working on a solely survival plugin. Can't really talk about what other tech people are doing because codex/me not knowing, but there is plenty of work being put into survival. The idea that a new scoreboard being put up in regalia means factions is no longer a priority is absurd. Get over the jealousy and give productive suggestions, aye?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jalapeno690

It’s alright for violette to talk about her “irritation” yea? Maybe follow your own mantra, be productive and stop jumping down people’s throats, cheers

10. Chalsie

Chalsie

This is the kind of idea that encourages what factions can be some of the time. Teamwork and a community driven focus are things I'd like to see more of. Keep me posted on the progression of this idea and I will gladly provide materials and help with building it and maintaining it.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. BlueChaos

BlueChaos Beggar

12. Jalapeno690

13. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

I only opened trapdoors and then Violettee made them ZiProof.

14. Ethibas T

Ethibas T

I agree that the spawn should be functional and informative but also immersive. I know a lot of people may not hang out at spawn but for a few new players it is their introduction to a Factions world. Chat is useful but not all new players will jump right into chat before deciding they want to stick around. Regalia has a hook for players who do that while Essalonia doesn't really have a place to visit that is active. Honestly, I would suggest removing Essa spawn entirely as a /tp location if no one is ever there and it doesn't serve the purpose of getting players integrated into factions play. If anything a new player who /tp Essalonia will generally find it empty and uninformative. That was my first experience in the first 10 or so minutes I played. That being said we have a very welcoming chat and vibrant community which offsets no tie in at spawn. We make up for what we lack with these things that we do well.

I agree that something like this would be nice for spawn but it seems that game staff are for the most part focused more on Essalonia than on Regalia. Theres a balance that needs to be made, for sure, but it seems like most game staff are faction players. This may have something to do with it being part of the criteria to be game staff that they mostly spend time in the faction/survival world. So I don't think it is a bad thing that Regalia got a board first. I do think that having a board that ties into /f list some would be great but im not sure staff will do that without us having a community who is active at spawn. Why put a notice board in an area that is empty most of the time when staff time is limited? Im not saying this as a criticism. Merely saying something along the lines of if you build it then more will come. So what you and others did with Tavern is a step in that direction. So I hope that you will do more and I will help how I can.

This is a great idea. Any reason to at least get occasional traffic through spawn would liven things up. I'm glad I saw this post. The tavern was hopping the other night. It was fun and I am glad you all did this. More of that and staff is bound to take notice and put more resources into spawn.

I'm going to have to see this.

A good idea if for nothing else but to create a spirit of community around a hub or as a place to point new players who may want to take some time checking out different factions before joining one. All great ideas.

• Constructive Constructive x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1