Writing Prompt / Canaaa / Flora

Discussion in 'Approved Prompts' started by canaaa, May 26, 2020.

1. canaaa

canaaa tea gremlin

I'd like to submit a flower to the Flora page. It'd be named the Rouzhelle for its distinctive red color, and native to the shores of places such as Maraisburke, Gorzas, and Lorhauser in the Osteiermark and Lorenthaus regions. The flower can have anywhere from six to eight petals, has an ambery center (think a daisy with rose petals, but spread rather than curled), and carries a sweet scent oddly reminiscent of vanilla and sandalwood. Popular uses include crushing the petals for dye or creating cheap, but effective, perfumes that incorporate the distinctive scent. This flower would be tied to the Leutz-Vixe culture and populace via folklore, and also its nobility's economic trades, i.e. silk dye for Ravenstad and a perfume source for Peirgarten.

@HydraLana

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    #1 canaaa, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  2. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Your prompt is accepted on the whole, though I recommend keeping the lore information vague on exact duchies and baroneis on where it grows prolifically, the map of the Archipelago could easily change them. I'd also suggest you add somewhere that the plant was first used by the Dvala until they were forced off of most of their land and colonies along the western coastline of their territory. (For context, look at this image and see how the Leutz-Vixe hug most of the Dvalan coastline and read the Dvalan history to see how and when they got kicked off of their land).

3. HydraLana

Any progress to report?

4. HydraLana

Any progress to report @canaaa, it has been over a month.

5. HydraLana

This is my final bump on the prompt @canaaa, if it isn't done in a week, I will reject this posting of it due to a lack of product after two months.

6. HydraLana