Archived World Wipe Idea: Shipping

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

MokeDuck

Hail the duckfather!
Reaction score
Faction
Celetil (leader)
So, before I begin, I would like to mention that I was the guy that really pushed and was at least one of the guys that came up with the idea of a world with no dynmap. I am so glad that you staff have decided to go down that path and I think it is great that you are considering separate inventories with the new world. Here, as someone who had led an active faction for about 4 years now, I would mention a few ideas/opinions I had with "the wipe" that is being discussed.

I believe that it is certainly a step in the right direction. That, along with no dynmap, should add another layer of interest within the factions experience: exploration and trade.​

• First of all, I think that in light of the direction you are heading in, you should consider removing /tp market, and instead try to encourage faction-hosted marketplaces, thus encouraging travel.

• Second, I would like to propose that instead of providing one "safe chest" for each player, you should instead encourage a "shipment" system, where over a long period of time, you can "ship" items to the new world, which would then be a safe world in light of the new reset.
This shipment system should, in light of the direction you area heading in, take a long period of time for a relatively small amount of items. You could optionally only allow a certain "weight" of items, making enchanted diamond armor too heavy, enchanted weapons barely light enough, and mineral blocks fairly acceptable.​

I encourage this system to be faction-based, thus encouraging players to pool in stuff together as a faction and overall just giving factions a bit of a spotlight.​

Although I understand the problems with coding new things, I also encourage using parts of the vampire plugin for what would basically be "wood and wool altars," making it necessary to create ship-like structures (maybe even requiring them to be in an ocean or river biome) just like you are required structures with the vampire plugin.​

Another thing for down the road is to require this system instead of /tp, but only to teleport to factions (like allies and other public teleports) although this is just a wild thought.​

Thanks! Please let me know of any difficulties or improvements or any suggestions.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I feel like it would feel a lot better for the players if it was simply implemented at the minimal level, but also it could be expanded apon quite a bit. although it would be a little hard to do, adding cool naval battles that are as simple as a scoreboard bar in chat and putting two invisible players with banners ("sails") on their heads in boats could be an interesting dynamic of massive. Adding the ability to spawn your boat in any place in the world that is an ocean biome could also turn the tide for pvp raids (if cannons were fixed and re-added) idk, but my point is it can be neat and a better way of doing things at first, but it can also become a whole new dynamic.

This seems like a good idea, but it seems like it would take way too much effort/coding to make. Also just my personal opinion but I'd like it if you couldn't bring any items into the world in any way, just a fresh start.

Okay, so, I know. I'm not a mainly-factions player, i'm a roleplayer. Woah gross dude.

My biggest issue with the idea of a wipe is not losing my god tools, or my materials, or my money. I could really care less about all of that. My biggest issue with the idea of a wipe so far is losing my collection of lore items, and player books, that I have spent well over three years in order to gather. If players are allowed to keep lore items i'm all for any idea of a wipe (I'll be sad all my countless hours of work on various factions is for waste but whatever).

It seems this isn't taken into account too too often, as lore items aren't something that influence factions in a material-sort of way, merely economical. Maybe a separate vault area in the shop world where someone could rent out a storage vault for lore? I have simply too much lore for it to be feasible to transfer the way that's being suggested, and, like I said, I could really care less about losing my god items and materials.

Sorry for getting off topic, i'm just a bit annoyed that this hasn't seemed to been thought about by much of anyone. I know there are a couple of other roleplayers who stand to lose a lot in terms of lore and other not-necessarily faction related things from these changes.

Okay, so, I know. I'm not a mainly-factions player, i'm a roleplayer. Woah gross dude.

My biggest issue with the idea of a wipe is not losing my god tools, or my materials, or my money. I could really care less about all of that. My biggest issue with the idea of a wipe so far is losing my collection of lore items, and player books, that I have spent well over three years in order to gather. If players are allowed to keep lore items i'm all for any idea of a wipe (I'll be sad all my countless hours of work on various factions is for waste but whatever).

It seems this isn't taken into account too too often, as lore items aren't something that influence factions in a material-sort of way, merely economical. Maybe a separate vault area in the shop world where someone could rent out a storage vault for lore? I have simply too much lore for it to be feasible to transfer the way that's being suggested, and, like I said, I could really care less about losing my god items and materials.

Sorry for getting off topic, i'm just a bit annoyed that this hasn't seemed to been thought about by much of anyone. I know there are a couple of other roleplayers who stand to lose a lot in terms of lore and other not-necessarily faction related things from these changes.
The staff have talked of setting aside a chest to transfer specifically for the purpose of lore items. They even said that it was for your prized lore items you spent your lifetime collecting. they definitely took your needs into consideration. I also acknowledge that this is off-topic

Also just my personal opinion but I'd like it if you couldn't bring any items into the world in any way, just a fresh start.
The point would be to add a more engaging way to "save" some prized items while also supplying a harder alternative to grinding for bulk resources. The goal is to make something that sucks for the player into a feature of the server in an easy way. This is more of an add-on and shouldn't be considered a full feature of the server

This seems like a good idea, but it seems like it would take way too much effort/coding to make.

Its a timer attached to whatever transfer system they already promised to/probably will make. The optional thing is taking the vampire altar code, changing the blocks required, and then sticking that in the above stuff. Idk, what is the line between too much effort at nowadays?