Why We Classify Things Wrong ~ Proposition

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Parz1vol, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Parz1vol

Parz1vol Chicken

Posted on public boards in Regalia.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ~Why We Classify Things Wrong~
    Kz’K Pl’Th’Klk

[​IMG]
    This is going to sound like a silly thing to pursue, but I'd like you to consider this: What makes Humans special? This of course, is obvious. They're the middle ground. Perfectly capable of all things. Ailor, of course, are the most advantaged of all the Humans. This is due to their divine heritage and general perfection, of which I have a deep respect and envy for. But look around you. Chi'en-ji, Qadir, Tarchlann. These Humanum Proper are separate from the Humanum Divine that are Ailor. Chi'en-ji, Qadir, and the Tarchs all have the advantage at not being particularly special in any shape or manner. Yes, Qadir have their tools and sciences, but those can be taught. Yes Chi'en-ji have their magic, but that's heretical and a mistake. A twisting of nature. And then the Tarchs, which come from a magical continent with lots of fairies and magical creatures. That doesn't make them inherently special though.

Now, observe Humanum Bastard. These terms will be further explored in a moment. Humanum Bastard includes Solangarians, Songaskians, Wulong, and Dwarf. All man-like, but not Human. Not close enough to Nelfin to be considered Nelfin, either. Songaskians especially. As it stands, they appear more outwardly Naylar or otherwise lizard-like than they appear man-like. See their slit-eyes, claws. Tendency towards lacking hair. Intensely dark skin. Harsh disposition. Solangarians and Wulong are too primitive and beast-like, and Dwarves are too short to be considered standard. They're more likely connected to Lampar or Rashaq in some way.

Now, the question: The topic? Yes. I’d propose a new organizational system for sentient species here on this wonderful place. We’ll explore General Humanum in three parts. Humanum Divine, Humanum Proper, Humanum Bastard. Each is a step down in the quality of being, with Ailor being the most perfect and peerless being represented by Humanum Divine. As can be seen below.
    • Humanum Divine
      • Ailor
    • Humanum Proper
      • Tarchlann
      • Qadir
      • Chi’en-ji
    • Humanum Bastard
      • Dwarf
      • Songaskia
      • Solang
      • Wulong
    The list functions in descending order. Ailor the most perfect being, going down to Wulong. Humanum Divine functions for Ailor, the most perfect functioning form of life. Humanum Proper for the less perfect, but still functional as Human. And finally, Humanum Bastard, which descends from Dwarf, to Songaskia, Solang, and Wulong. Humanum Bastard is a touchy category, and belongs to all the Human-like, but not quite Human.

Below, I’ll have posted the entirety of my proposed system of organization based on development and structure of various species. During my conference on the 29th, I’ll go into detail and explain the system in its entirety. Some things that may catch you off guard? The Wolathar are ranked high on the scale of perfection in Nelfin, and Circci are listed as Nelfin rather than as Mekett. I'll be detailing these more closely on the 29th, but it can all be connected by physical structures.

Sclera coloration, presence of horn crowns, and a variety of other traits are considered. Body type, skeletal structure, and internal anatomy considered. I hope you enjoy reading through and considering the proposal below, and please! Sign to show your support of this new system. It would be much appreciated. Again, however. The most important way to support, is to encourage your friends and compatriots to attend my conference on Nelfin, Orc, and Tigran development on April 29th.

Humanum
    Humanum Divine

• Ailor
    Humanum Proper
    • Chi’en-Ji
    • Qadir
    • Tarchlann
    Humanum Bastard
    • Solang
    • Songaskia
    • Wulong
    • Dwarf

Nelfin
    Nelfin Proper

• Altalar
    • Avanthar
    • Cielothar
    • Wolathar
    Nelfin Bastard
    • Drowdar
    • Shendar
    • Isldar
    • Saivalthar
    • Circci
    Sub Nelfin
    • Orc
    • Tigran
    Many Thanks, Kz'K Pl'Th'Klk
    The author does not condone heresy of any form, and sees the power of the Regalian Empire and Unionism as ultimate, and second to none. If any phrasing in the essay has made the opposite of such seem to be the case, then the author's apologies. He has no intention of such. It was an accident on the author's part, as Ceardian Common is his second language. No complaints are being taken at this time, from anyone either than the Church.

The titular question, "Why We Classify Things Wrong," will be answered at the 29th's conference.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #1 Parz1vol, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  2. Parz1vol

Parz1vol Chicken

Reserved.

3. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Nicolas Delacroix would come across this proposition. He would take note of the author's name and the fact that they classify Circci as a Nelfin Bastard. This made the eunuch chuckle to himself.
    "It would appear that our little friend feels inadequate in the current scheme of things. How quaint."
    With that Nicolas took a notation of the alleged conference on the 29th and continued about his business, arms folded across his cape.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Optimalfriskies

Optimalfriskies JayP's buddy

Darius Silevon glanced at the paper, heaving a brow as he reached the Nelfin Bastard. A soft chuckle escaped his lips, at the silliness of it all.
    "The bug thinks he should be classified as Nelfin? And then he claims Tigran and Orcs to be related to us... I suppose not all Circci can be intelligent."
    Turned to stroll on off as he had finished chuckling at the absurdity of the situation, not before having taken mental note of the time and date.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Parz1vol

Parz1vol Chicken

That amused chuckle that you make when the reaction is just as expected.

6. kudzzy

kudzzy Refugee

Zzeno is frankly offended by this.His parents were wed good and proper by a baskarrian priest before he was born, and he sure isn't half elf