What Grinds Your Gears?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Takumi_Usui, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Party_Penguin27

Party_Penguin27 exactly 43.5 various checkbooks

yes because weekends are 2 hours a day

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Morticia_Quinn

Morticia_Quinn The Devil dances in idle minds

Some people don't need workout. Just sayin'. :P

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

Well. Some don't. Some do. I do it to improve my strength even further.

4. The Genie

The Genie The most brooding person evah

Does it rustle your jimmies as well? :P

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. VampyresEmbrace

VampyresEmbrace Beggar

11: People who eat a diet mainly consisting of McDonalds and chips. It's fine to eat that stuff once in a while, but a lot of people eat way too much of it.
    12: People who, when exercising, don't put effort into it. No pain no gain, sonny.
    13: People who stereotype Canadians as hillbillies who trap beavers for a living and guzzle maple syrup like it's water.
    14: When people call a snake "poisonous". There is no such thing as a poisonous snake. Certain snakes can be venomous, but never poisonous. I realize that this only stems from a lack of knowledge about snakes, but it just irritates me.
    15: People who, after killing someone in a PvP game, say something along the lines of "lol you just got rekt noob".
    16: People who get offended over every little comment. I'm all for defending oneself, but not when you get hurt feelings over literally everything.
    17: Girls who go into feminazi mode when a guy helps them with something heavy. Chances are the guy isn't "thinking you're the weaker sex", he's just being nice.
    18: People who ask me, "Why are you so quiet?" when I'm just minding my own business. Well, maybe the reason I'm not saying anything is that I'm not actually TALKING to anyone at the moment.
    19: A lot of social media like Facebook and Instagram. People post way too many selfies, and pretend they have the most perfect life ever.
    20: People who correct other people's grammar.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Party_Penguin27

5: People who use the term Feminazi

7. VampyresEmbrace

VampyresEmbrace Beggar

I apologize for offending thy sensitive soul, your majesty.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Lord_Aza

Lord_Aza The voice of truth
    1. Federation of Sochinja

Punches his face so hard he doesn't have a chance to block it. This instantly kills the opponent and everyone else on a 100 mile radius. However, being a good vampire he refuses to drink blood from his dead enemy, and has some Mountain Dew instead. He then rides a lore compliant dragon to the sunset.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Party_Penguin27

*throws up middle finger*

10. The Genie

91. Mowing the lawn.

92. Practicing hours for an audition and then choking and being destined to rot in a vacuum of intelligence and talent (aka concert band, the lowest possible band).

93. Running out of Mountain Dew.

94. Gwyneth Paltrow (I probably didn't spell her name correctly, but I don't respect her enough to look up the correct spelling).
    95. Being unable to b*tch-slap all of the idiots I have to tolerate on a daily basis.

96. No offense to all of the people who speak different languages, but I simply loathe the whole masculine, feminine, and neuter articles and such for nouns in different languages. It makes everything more complicated and it doesn't make sense. Like, it's not too difficult, but it's a waste of time to learn (to me at least, although English has a lot of stupid things, too).

97. Kanye West (I feel like I may have mentioned him earlier though).

98. Standardized testing. It's not difficult or anything, but it's a waste of time. I would much rather be in class learning about something interesting instead of taking a poorly-worded, stupid test.

99. How Zippos run out of lighter fluid in just a couple weeks. I don't use it on a regular basis, so I have to refill it every single time I want to play with fire.

100. Missing The Big Bang Theory.

11. The Genie

91. Running out of Mountain Dew.

92. The neuter, feminine, and masculine articles of different languages. I know it's just part of the language and it isn't that difficult to remember the different rules and such, but it seems rather odd (just like a lot of things in the English language, I suppose).

93. Standardized testing. It isn't difficult or anything, it's just a waste of time. I would rather use that time to be in class and learn stuff than be taking a poorly-worded test.

94. Being unable to b*tch-slap all of the idiots I must tolerate on a daily basis.

95. Kanye West (I may have mentioned him before, though).

96. Gwyneth Paltrow (I may have spelled her name incorrectly, but I don't respect her enough to look up the proper spelling).

97. Getting smudges on my glasses, or anything that is clear or shiny.

98. Crooked ties. . .

99. Idiots who go around school with speakers playing sh*tty music, or any music for that matter. No one except you wants to hear your music. There are these insane new devices called headphones. Use them.

And one of the most awful and aggravating things of all time. . .

100. Missing The Big Bang Theory.

12. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Massivecrafts Schizo

The Trees in Teled Methen...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. The Genie

Yeah, those can be a little irritating on occasion, especially how densely forested some areas are. I like to be able to move and stuff, although it does make for some nice scenery.

14. TheComputerGeek2

TheComputerGeek2 Some guy trying to make things work Staff Member Tech3

When trees are too big to be cleared with the tree feller ability.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Blake_Blakan

Blake_Blakan Traveller

1. Vanishing faction members.
    2. Vanishing items.
    3. Inventory filling up with miscellaneous items every time I darkroom.

EDIT: And also the PvP factions that enemy people for no reason but just to be edgy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #135 Blake_Blakan, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  16. TheSilverSpectre

TheSilverSpectre No, I will not do that for a Klondike bar.

My total ineptivity at the skill of CHECKING THE LORE BEFORE I DECIDE TO DO SOMETHING

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. rw45431

rw45431 The Psycho of Ravensong

*cracks knuckles* Here we go...
    Hipsters. I understand you want to have your counter culture, but please don't say everything I enjoy sucks just because its popular, and if you're going to order coffee, you should probably use actual words so they understand what you're trying to order. Just saying.
    People that think the name Raven can only be a girl's name. I don't have to be a girl to have my name, thank you very much.
    Nikki Manaj.
    People that think the textbook definition of a political party or belief is how the entire or the majority of the party or belief act. My life has more than been affected and changed for worse by regular feminists for you to be able to tell me otherwise.
    People who don't understand when something is a pick-up line. When someone asks you if that thing id for your significant other, they aren't excluding you, they're trying to figure out if you're single.
    People who think all hippies are extremist ecologists. Most of them just want to do drugs and hang around with their friends, so why not just leave them alone and let them slowly kill themselves? They all consented to it anyway.
    People who can't take a joke.
    Most people in general.
    Urban Dictionary.
    Pop music. Stop being so happy! ITS UNNATURAL.
    The sun, also known by me as "The Yellow Face." It burns usssss.
    When people try to insult me using grammatically incorrect and obviously wrong words. I'm not a pile of wood, and I'm pale enough to shine in the sun, if you're going to insult me do it properly! It won't work, but you can try! Go on! It amuses me to see you squirm.
    People who think all Christians are gay-bashing homophobic "You're going to hell" unintellectual southerners who always carry around a shotgun and a Bible. The only time I'll ever even speak to people about that is if they ask me to. I don't hate homosexuals. I actually have a few friends who are, and I support them. Just because I identify as a religion doesn't mean I have to hate a group of people.
    People who think Death Metal is satanic. Sure, some might be, but the same could be said for almost every song type out there. Its really mostly just angst. Angst everywhere.
    People who can't laugh at a stereotype. Stereotypes exist for a reason. Why not laugh about it? You won't grow as a person if you can't laugh at these kinds of things, or at the very least not blow up in a fit of rage when you hear it.
    Most current music.
    People who hear that it'll take a minute and they complain about how long that is. Sorry, you've lived multiple years now, I think you can wait a single minute or two.
    People who, when debating, will try to give evidence, and when proven wrong slightly change the subject with an insult or correction of some grammar to make them self seem smarter until the conversation spins back around to the original point after a ridiculous amount of fake or unimportant "counter-arguments" and insults.
    When communists try to tell me that we should only be working towards the impossible "pure communism" for the world. That would mean the complete removal of thousands of years of culture, relations, religions, opinions, etc. that people wouldn't just "adjust to" very easily.
    People who think age determines whether or not you can have an opinion. If you don't learn now, you probably won't learn later. Though it would make it easier for "pure communism" to be achieved!
    And lastly, because if I don't cut myself off now I'll be here forever, state influence in schools. You don't see us every day, you have no idea how we learn, how we act, what our drive is and so on. You shouldn't have anything to do with us if all you're going to do is make it harder to learn for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Party_Penguin27

Feminism is important yo.
    Most of us are pretty decent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. The Genie

Yes. Just yes. I think all of these are wonderful.
    Also, he never said that all of it was bad. I'm gonna guess that he is referring mostly to the ones who make it reallyyyyyyy obvious by going around shoving it down people's throats and generally making feminism look bad. Exhibit A: SJW keyboard warriors on the internet, most often on youtube comments (although, let's be honest, like 40% of the people on youtube comments are trolls or idiots).

Don't take that the wrong way though, I'm all for equality, but there are some feminists out there who take it too far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Morticia_Quinn

Estonian (my first mother language) doesn't have articles for men and women etc... But we have 14 noun cases ^^'.

• Like Like x 1
  21. The Genie

Yay! Down with the rather irritating articles (although the sentence structure is still probably the hardest part of German)! I don't understand the purpose of all of the der, die, das, die thing. Well, I guess that's just how the language came to be.

And, 14? :O Dang.

22. Morticia_Quinn

Estonian is the same difficulty level as Japanese :3
    But yeah, I had to learn German in school, so I know what you're talking about. We could choose between Russian or German in 5th grade, and my mother(who is Russian btw) made me choose German. I really respect that she made me learn another language even though I suck at it :P

23. Zadkiel Malkuth

Zadkiel Malkuth Tired and Uninspired.

1) Passive aggressive people, who approach you aggressively as if to ask you for something, then dodge out of what they were going to ask you with something like "So... how are you getting to <insert name>'s party?"
    2) Incessant pen clicking
    3) People who don't shower often
    4) When teachers tell you that a big assignment is due and you finish it the night before, then they don't check it
    5) People who try to be rude to you, get prove a wrong, then try to back pedal
    6) People who try to embarrass others
    7) Sagging pants. If everyone wanted to see your underwear, pants wouldn't have been invented in the first place >.>
    8) When someone over-reacts over the fact you didn't know a certain song or movie etc. etc.
    9) The fact that female peacocks are peahens
    10) In shows when the antagonists' backstory is shown to be super tragic and they're really not that bad of a person. That stuff tears me up.
    11) Fedora tipping "alpha male" neck beards.
    12) People who don't pay me back
    13) When people go out of their way to express how much they hate "today's music" and how "they were born in the wrong era". Undoubtedly, there's a lot of good music from the past. However, to say that all music today is terrible is extremely ignorant.
    14) When you have a time limit for writing an essay and you write so fast that your hand cramps.
    15) When you're cooking and the hot oil splashes onto your arm
    16) Discovering a cut inside your mouth after your first sip of orange juice.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. The Genie

Oh my, neck beards. . . Gah.

Seriously though, I get that a good bit of modern music is bad, but, guess what? Plenty of old music is too. Wow. Isn't that a crazy thought? If they were born in the wrong era, then why are they willing to take advantage of the technology we have today?