What’s In A Name?

Her boots were the first to go, the trickiest thing to remove with only one functioning arm. The next was the sling itself, dropped onto the vanity stool as Darcie stepped in front of the mirror.

A bruise was beginning to form on the side of her head where the Northerner had hit her. It was simply another injury to add to her ever growing list. Letting out a sigh, she leaned closer, staring into her own eyes.

"Well old girl. It seems you're back on top again. A could have been Norvakt, a would be Krier. From Vauclain to Dubois and now…" She took in a breath and spoke the next few words as a smile appeared on her face.

"A Wodenstaff. Darcie Wodenstaff. I like the ring to it. I truly like it. It fits." Darcie's smile would widen and she let out a little chuckle.

For once things were looking up for the woman who had been suffering so greatly as of late. From a mutant attack to breaking off an engagement to a horse riding accident… She really could not catch a break. But, for once in the past month, the world seemed to be on her side. For now at least.

She did not know what the new year would bring, frankly she did not seem to care. She was ready, she was ready. She was ready and oh how angry and fierce she would face it. This would be her year.

Darcie has been adopted into the Wodenstaff family and has taken up the last name.

[CENTER]✦[I]Walnut/Wal[/I]✦ ✦[I]They/Them[/I]✦ ✦[I]Before you ask, my favorite vine is: "Hi my name is Chelsey, what's your favorite dinner food?" [/I]✦[/CENTER]
View all 14 featured items
Her boots were the first to go, the trickiest thing to remove with only one functioning arm. The next was the sling itself, dropped onto the vanity stool as Darcie stepped in front of the mirror.

A bruise was beginning to form on the side of her head where the Northerner had hit her. It was simply another injury to add to her ever growing list. Letting out a sigh, she leaned closer, staring into her own eyes.

"Well old girl. It seems you're back on top again. A could have been Norvakt, a would be Krier. From Vauclain to Dubois and now…" She took in a breath and spoke the next few words as a smile appeared on her face.

"A Wodenstaff. Darcie Wodenstaff. I like the ring to it. I truly like it. It fits." Darcie's smile would widen and she let out a little chuckle.

For once things were looking up for the woman who had been suffering so greatly as of late. From a mutant attack to breaking off an engagement to a horse riding accident… She really could not catch a break. But, for once in the past month, the world seemed to be on her side. For now at least.

She did not know what the new year would bring, frankly she did not seem to care. She was ready, she was ready. She was ready and oh how angry and fierce she would face it. This would be her year.

Darcie has been adopted into the Wodenstaff family and has taken up the last name.