Weekly Pvp Event (conquest)

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Morbytogan, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Morbytogan

Morbytogan King of Desolation, Emperor of the Isolated Empire Supremium

The Issue

It's no lie that MassiveCraft survival gameplay is finally starting to resurge - KOTH has recently been reimplemented, thorns was removed, and PvP is making a huge comeback (there have been a couple of mad fights that I myself have been a part of). However, if we stop now, the fun will begin to descend. What I propose is a weekly PvP-based event that would increase competition and make survival gameplay more exciting.

The Suggestion

I propose that MassiveCraft implements a Conquest. Those of you that've played some form of HCF before may know what Conquest is, but for those that haven't; I'll explain.

Now, every time a server's run a Conquest it's been executed slightly differently. Here I'll recommend my personal favourite and the method of which I think would best suit the server.

To start, there's a large area that's owned by a system faction or is protected by claiming, making this essentially the wilderness. However, there is a large, castle-like structure that has 4 areas: red, yellow, blue, green. Each of these are essentially mini KOTH capture points, and they only require 30 seconds of standing on to be capped.

However, contrasting normal KOTHs, capping one does not mean you win the reward. Capping one of these gives your faction 1 point, and they are recapturable instantly after captured. (So it's a constantly resetting 30second timer that also resets when the capturer of the point is knocked from it). Essentially, the first faction to reach a certain number of points (150, 200, or something) is then the victor of the Conquest and receives a Conquest key (which would also be a great addition to the new /tp crates !). These conquest keys would have the potential to give the winners a very useful item such as a Looting 4 sword or something usually unobtainable.

Winning the Conquest could also potentially give a faction CoK points if they are a Great House (just an idea)

The Pros

-
    Increased incentive for factions to start increasing their army.
    - Massively increases incentive for PvPers to unite into a single faction.
    - Could potentially help with the issue of the failing economy.
    - Would give players something to look forward to at the end of each week.
    - Would help reuinte many members of the community as you all get to fight against old friends or enemies.
    - Would be a great opportunity to test new PvP features.
    - Could spark many new players' interests in PvP.

The Cons

-
    May require a fairly substantial amount of coding to implement.
    - Might cause lag

So that's it for the moment guys, feel free to leave your opinions below and I would love to hear them! I'm also open to altering this if the community thinks I should!

@Viscar @Wooperr @Winterless @Tokuu @65jes89 @Shaneski101 @Sevak @Ieso @MonMarty @Maytee @Zerkl @ItsNaga @MazzerDK @BlueChaos @Zacatero @morrc5 @hardname12 @Ninja124r @NinjaDuck2014 @Hubrecht @Omnomivore @rng11 @jquaile

• Like Like x 6
    #1 Morbytogan, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  2. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

I was tagged for once!

Overall I like this idea. I like it a lot.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

Firstly, I am going to say that I am overjoyed to hear that PvPers and casual PvPers like myself are actually happy to see PvP resurge on the server. I was over at a fight at Belegost yesterday and by god was it enjoyable, despite the fact that I quickdropped at the hands of Hollandt ;-;

Anyway, back into my response to this post. Like you said, I actually do not know if this is possible with our current tech limitations but it is indeed a good idea. This has been discussed at previous CoK meetings and was discussed at lengthy by Violettee in various meetings since it was brought up. The concern of Game staff is that this could require Tech implementation and while we are constantly working to improve the Tech department functionality, it is currently unable to assign resources to developing new survival aspects of this. If a Survival-Game co-operation project could produce some form of conquest, I would certainly like to see this come to fruition.

To gain 150 points to win the competition, it would require the winner to hold the fort for 75 minutes. I think this is actually a pretty reasonable amount of time and will lead to intense dank PvP, yeah that's extremely cringy. I would like to see more development on rewards for winning a conquest. Please remind yourself to try stay within the limitations of Tech staff when you are coming up with ideas.

Overall, it's a thumbs up from me!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Morbytogan

Thanks! 1 thing I should say is it could be less than a 75 minute cap as there would be multiple capture points (red, green, yellow, blue), or maybe 2. This creates a slightly different gameplay as factions would then have the option to split up or push as a team, but I'm glad you're behind the general idea! (bearing in mind this is just a concept at this point)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

lag

• Like Like x 1
  6. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

prison

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sir_Daragon

Sir_Daragon Your Local Staff Member Game2

its ok, youll get use to it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Winterless

no like lag for everyone else if this idea is implemented

KOTH style shat can't happen in Factions, too laggy

9. Sir_Daragon

Sir_Daragon Your Local Staff Member Game2

well then they can use the vast world of koth

10. Winterless

then it'd be identical to KOTH, just longer, so I don't see a point.

11. Morbytogan

It wouldn’t be identical to KOTH, the whole watch works is completely different

12. Morbytogan

Way it**

13. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.