Pictured: @ForrestMoss 's guard character on a rainy patrol. Direction
This week, Direction focused on Individual Direction and Paperwork, specifically helping out the Game Department better communicate to the player base, and assisting in the training of new aspirants. A few new aspirants were also taken on, and the usual bout of Server Emails, and Project Assigning were completed. This week, we now have different members of each department filling out a more detailed summary on what each department has been up to, which will be included in Changelogs moving forward. In addition, benchmarks for Staff Recruitment have been set, so we are actively recruiting in all Departments with the exception of Lore. If you are interested in joining Tech, Quest, PR, Game, or World, please apply here! https://forums.massivecraft.com/forums/staff-applications.11/
- LumosJared x3: Individual Direction and Staff Apps.
- LumosJared x2: Changelog Structure and Paperwork.
- LumosJared x2: Staff:Dept Updates and Staff Recruitment.
This week, Game prepared and released the alpha version of the new factions survival map, Hadar, made by MonMarty, for public viewing at /tp Hadar. The Game 3s, Sir_Daragon, BlueChaos, and falconhand, worked on reformatting and updating various documents in the drive, such as training protocols for new aspirants and rank-ups. The Game 2s, qgmk, The_Fluorspar, TakeDown__, and Winterless, worked with the Tech Department to test nearly every plugin on MassiveCraft on version 1.15, a crucial step towards the 1.15 release. Issues were compiled and sent to Tech for debugging. Game also completed 45 player tickets, numerous help chats, Essalonia cleanup and restoration, naughty player investigations, and additional training for The_Fluorspar on his transition from Game 1 to Game 2.
- The_Fluorspar x8: Extensive MassiveRaces bug-testing, Tickets.
- QGMK x33: Tickets, Events, Tech Assistance and bugtesting.
- Takedown x2: Tickets and Resetiversary Events, as well as Event Assistance.
- Falconhand x10: Tickets and Factions Events.
- BlueChaos x3: Tickets, Game Meeting.
- Sir_Daragon x12: Forums Administration, Game Leadership.
This week world worked on preparing for V6, and maintaining V5. Some of our members were busy concepting new buildings and boats in our 1.15 world, while others were focused on improving our current regalia through gardens, fleshing out the sewers, and restoring regions to their previous state. Some new projects were started, so expect some cool event sites soon :-)
- WaterDruppel x5: Clandestine and Interiors.
- Patsie x3: Dream Realm Build.
- EdnaMode_ x6: Oberon's Throne Build.
- Bunemma x21: Event Acting, Building, and Tickets.
- Pixycandi x4: V6 Testing.
- SnashuuPomaymay x7: Regalia Regions.
- StFeullien x6: Castle in Test Server.
- JakePostonJake1 x15: Regalian Frigate 2020 Build and various Test build stuff
- LumosJared x1: Regalia Upkeep.
- SpunSugar x5: Dragon Build for Optimal and V6 Testing.
Like many weeks Lore Staff had some interesting stuff going on! Most reworks and changes to preexisting lore and systems. World System related news focused on the overabundance in application proficiency swapping going on. To tackle that players must now report their characters for "evaluation and recording" when necessary if they plan to get involved in progressions, more info on that in the Noble Announcements channel on the RP Community Discord. The Special Permission Form now offers a new feature called "Mix Race Configuration" for characters, more information can be located in the System Announcements channel. Cielothar got a large scale page update, including Cultural changes, new 'sub races'. As well as whole Ability Overhaul, the same treatment to which the Avanathar have now received. The Alais Vampire bloodline has also been reworked considerably on a mechanical ability level. All changes to races, families, afflictions, and so on can be viewed on the wiki as of now! Keep track of announcement channels and pings, we will continue to keep you updated on all Lore related news through there!
- Lumiess x8: Lore Writing.
- OkaDoka x3: Character Sheets.
- WaterDruppel x6: Discord Tickets and Lore Processing.
- Carlit0o x3: Character Sheets.
- Katiesc x17: Character Sheets.
- FireFan96 x8: Lore Sheets.
- MantaRey x10: Lore Progression Assistance and Racial Updates.
- Birdsfoot_Violet x17: Tickets.
- Athelois x11: Hide and Seek Event, Tickets.
- Bellarmina x4: Character Sheets.
- Messtro x10: Character Sheets and Calendar Maint.
- Jonificus x3: HR chats and server health projects.
- Fantuinn x19: Event Acting and Character Sheets.
- HydraLana x12: Lore Writing.
- Caelamus x22: Character Sheets.
- Arhbi x4: Character Sheets.
- Carlit0o x10: Event Assistance.
- LumosJared x7: Tickets.
Quest this week focused on quest code writing, and research for new quest features. Specifically, Alj23 focused on writing quest code for future quests to be be brought to Essalonia that will encourage survival world traveling and exploration, as well as research and brainstorming for new quest features that will help with quest immersion. Examples include possibly being able to lock a player's POV momentarily, for interesting and immersive POVs while questing, as well as brainstorming new quest rules to expand the functionality of MassiveQuest.
- Derpadillo x1: Quest Writing, Bugfixing.
- Alj23 x3: Quest Coding.
This week PR focused on artists and factions spotlights of members of the community and a new player guide for faction members which will help new players get a better grasp on the server and allow game staff to more easily answer questions. We also made a draft of a competition for screenshots of the new world to bring more attention to Hadar. Additionally, we continued to perform the weekly upkeep of our social media platforms and an update on planet Minecraft.
- Miracle678 x6: Faction Spotlights and Faction Competitions.
- Battlebrawn x3: PMC Upkeep.
- Seoulmate x9: Weekend Roundup.
- Pixycandi x32: Instagram passing 100 followers, Internal PR, New Players Assistance.
This week tech has been working on various projects, CS_Birb has been working on a web app for integration with some of the new plugins coming with 1.15.2 as well as migrating information for backpacks (moving from Minepacks to MVanilla where Minepacks uses NBT and MVanilla uses DataItemStack for serialising information). TheComputerGeek2 has been working on MassivePvE where he has created the permissions and cleaned up some of the new features that have been introduced with 1.15.2. FourThirteen has been liaising with the Game department working on introducing and reviewing some of the new features for 1.15.2. ItsLateKnight has been doing plugin testing for any incompatibilities and bugs with some of the MassiveCraft plugins on the test server. Mcmann has been reviewing some of the code for Minepacks with the introduction of MVanilla now handling backpacks. XxXYaJrAbXxX has also been doing MassiveRaces development to attempt to fix some of the bugs within the Yanar race as well as internal documentation for the tech department.
- CS_Birb x22: See the Full Report Below.
- XxXYaJrAbXxX x7: Quality Assurance work.
- ItsLateKnight x2: Quality Assurance on plugins.
- FourThirteen x4: REDACTED
CS_Birb's Full Point Report