Archived Weather!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen_Kearno

Citizen
Reaction score
Kingdom
N/A
I have seen a few mods/plug-ins on Bukkit about weather. Some were floods or high and low tide others were tornados and hurricanes. I felt that having these on the server would:

- Form new things people can roleplay about and talk about.
- Make factions think more about building and raiding as who wants to raid in the middle of a tsunami ?

I know this may cause lag and other things that could mean this not being implemented onto the server.
If this can be combined with some kind of in game calendar with seasons and such o think it will add good implements into PvP and RP.
Feel free to share ideas :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm sure this would make things on the server more interesting, especially for Roleplayers and Builders.
I support.

While I agree that this would be cool I really have to ask just how much load this is gonna put on the server AND on the clients. I mean large amount of block changes or flying entitys are surely gonna brutály murder the tps (server) and framerate (client). Of course if I am wrong feel free to correct me.

In theory yes, it would be alright, however if it just rains everyone is complaining about intense lag.
I don't think in reality it would work out. :I

It WOULD be very interesting. However, like the others, im worried this would send an arrow straight through my client and lag me to death.
But, it would still be awesome. Cuz.... HURRICANES.
I support

maybe on a small scale? such as snow appears in areas not normally affected, or leaves changing colour? I think this would be doable, but I am as good with mods as an orc is with magic.

As Billy said, maybe small-scale things. Large-scale and Environmental Disasters would not only grief every world like heck, but also make clients majorly lag.

Sounds interesting, but what would happen to existing buildings that have been around for a long time? They would have historical value and couldn't be upgraded, and tides/floods would render them quite dangerous.

Sounds interesting, but what would happen to existing buildings that have been around for a long time? They would have historical value and couldn't be upgraded, and tides/floods would render them quite dangerous.

I suppose these storms or floods shouldn't cause too much damage to buildings maybe a few blocks but could be dangerous for the player as in floods could make it 3x as hard to swim in and could drag player out to sea. Or storms make you slower and big waves at sea or on the coast

I have seen a few mods on Bukkit about weather. Some were floods or high and low tide others were tornados and hurricanes. I felt that having these on the server would:

- Form new things people can roleplay about and talk about.
- Make factions think more about building and raiding as who wants to raid in the middle of a tsunami ?

I know this may cause lag and other things that could mean this not being implemented onto the server.
If this can be combined with some kind of in game calendar with seasons and such o think it will add good implements into PvP and RP.
Feel free to share ideas :)

๖ۣۜNow, I love this idea and all, but this will need to be changed by quite a few important details;

The server was made deliberately so new players wouldn't NEED mods to join the server with, because a lot less people will join servers that force you to install an outdated mod, I guarantee this detail because I am like that myself.

Another detail to remember is of course the lag. Some server TPS goes down intensely, and having a tornado actively running and another important detail, GRIEF.

Tornadoes will grief landscapes they pass over. And we already know how bad the players demolish the lands.

๖ۣۜSorry, but as cool as this is,
-1 Support

I
๖ۣۜNow, I love this idea and all, but this will need to be changed by quite a few important details;

The server was made deliberately so new players wouldn't NEED mods to join the server with, because a lot less people will join servers that force you to install an outdated mod, I guarantee this detail because I am like that myself.

Another detail to remember is of course the lag. Some server TPS goes down intensely, and having a tornado actively running and another important detail, GRIEF.

Tornadoes will grief landscapes they pass over. And we already know how bad the players demolish the lands.

๖ۣۜSorry, but as cool as this is,
-1 Support

I was suppose to put plugins :/ I have edited that in. Plus I previously explained how grief could be stopped and I understand your point and anyone's point about the lag.. I hate lag.

I think this would help RP and make it more interesting, as well as the server. Its funny how people outside the tavern will stand in the rain, but if it was a hurricaine i'd love to see them scurrying for shelter (the same for a tornado). Sadly, i do see how this would make it a bit more laggy, but it would help out the RP, and thats what the server is mainly about. I Support (despite the lag debate)

I was suppose to put plugins :/ I have edited that in. Plus I previously explained how grief could be stopped and I understand your point and anyone's point about the lag.. I hate lag.

๖ۣۜWell, having weather happen in Regalia is also an issue. People would start crashing, or it would actually ruin Regalia in a way. Realistic, yes, but it could suddenly make a RP Baver attack suddenly turn into everyone hiding into shelter until it lets up, and THEN Baver attacks. .__.

๖ۣۜPlus, it would just disrupt RP in general, being pushed around at random intervals.

I think it would just be cool. I doubt it will be implemented, but it's a great suggestion. I know they're working on turning Regalia all snowy for winter, which is sort of a less extreme, but still cool version. And for the people who wouldn't see how a flood or monsoon could support RP, farmers and workers in history have always had to work with or around things like that. If not having an actual plugin, I could see writing in times of great floods to the lore, which could be very cool.

๖ۣۜWell, having weather happen in Regalia is also an issue. People would start crashing, or it would actually ruin Regalia in a way. Realistic, yes, but it could suddenly make a RP Baver attack suddenly turn into everyone hiding into shelter until it lets up, and THEN Baver attacks. .__.

๖ۣۜPlus, it would just disrupt RP in general, being pushed around at random intervals.

Maybe it could be one big storm a MassiveCraft Calendar year which would form a good basis for a lot of RP

Oh my god. Just imagine a flood in Regalia. This will be very fun.

This is a good idea to have as a luxury, but overall it's useless and won't do anything for the server, except cause lag.

What if the weather was managed- so that lag and grief machines like tornadoes weren't flying around unrestrained? That way we can have cool weather affects like flooding and tides, but not on immense scales or just for special events. Anyways, I support it! Cool idea!

I would love to see a big pvp battle, then a tornado sweep through the middle of it.

lol would be cool

Its like with taking a cannon to the face, god apples won't save you from a tornado.

Supported!

As it is winter soon, I had an idea that the staff could temporarily move Regalia to a snow biome, so it would snow for winter and set a nice scene in the city.

I support it! I do have a solution to the weather lag though- make it so that:
1.) turn weather in Regalia off in general to prevent crashes
2.) Make it so that the special weather like tornados and hurricanes be rare so that the system doesn't have to produce a lot of storms frequently

I support. This would give everyone something to talk about, the weather, and it would make certain places safer for factions; say they were on an island that was safe, but was in a dangerous, tsunami and tornado infested area.

When I see the opinion of this being used as a conversation piece, I think of this:
That-date-sure-blew.png

YES YES YES! Oh man! I can just imagine it, a giant wave heading towards a faction base next to the ocean. :O
I can not say how much I want this, but I understand it might lag a lot... But really, it would be so cool! ^-^

I Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.