Archived We Have Vampires, But Werewolves? >.>

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kram_

Beggar
Reaction score
Vampires certainly seem to play a large roll as the "villains" on Massive, so many people constantly even casually talking of going out to find some vampires to kill. It's gotten so that i'm surprised people even volunteer take up the mantle of "vampire" with so few of them previously and so many people going out of their way to hunt them.

With that, I ask two questions, the first being why anyone would choose the curse to the race without the appearance of a general faction or group.
Also, as we have vampires, why the lack of love for werewolves? Sure it's pleasant to have a black-and-white perspective for good versus evil, seeing as vampires are so often type-cast as villains, but a more morally ambiguous addition would certainly shake things up.

(Also, if you're playing the vampire storyline in Skyrim, at the end when you storm the castle with the dawnguard, don't become a werewolf during the fight thinking they'de appreciate it. They'll kill you immediatly....)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If made in a way similar to vampires, werewolves and vampires would have to share many of the same codes and data (I believe), and so in a future update I'm guessing the staff will just make a wolf race out of ease and complications with the Vampires plugin, or not include werewolves at all.

People choose vampires for the advantages they give, even if they have certain weaknesses, and for RP. Werewolves would have to be completely coded from scratch, since there is no 'good' werewolf plug-ins. You might think of it as a good idea now, but later on you might realise werewolves are actually a bad idea, think of the lag between when the sun sets/rises

These are true, and it does sadden me that we don't have a good werewolf pluggin, or even a werewolf pluggin to beguin with that i know of! I'de absolutly lose my mind if Dr.Zhark decided to make a werewolf multiplayer pluggin at some point!

This would also mean that, somehow, the player would either have to transfer between 2 skins every 10/7 minutes or have a whole in-game GUI implemented for werewolf customisation.

1) Because people want to be vampires for roleplay reasons and for the advantages/change of the gameplay.

2) There are no properly coded werewolves plugins out there and in addition to that, none of them is sharding compatible. This means, if we would seem to feel a need for werewolves (which we don't really because of the lore we have currently) we would have to code it ourself. This means it would become one of the many fatures we plan but gets delayed because there are other, more important projects to code for cayorion.
One of them is fixing some bugs in the races, another one is finalizing factions and all or that AFTER sharding is running smoothly and mostly bug free.

I agree with Sir.Ulu. Sharding is near and it takes time to code everything and also make it bug free. Those who make the coding and Cayorion who have sharding at focus at this right moment is very busy with the ''needed'' bug fixes/coding. This have been discussed before and mostly been rejected. But in time I think they will code it sooner or later. But for now it will have to wait.

Moved to Feature and Idea Discussion.

1) Because people want to be vampires for roleplay reasons and for the advantages/change of the gameplay.

2) There are no properly coded werewolves plugins out there and in addition to that, none of them is sharding compatible. This means, if we would seem to feel a need for werewolves (which we don't really because of the lore we have currently) we would have to code it ourself. This means it would become one of the many fatures we plan but gets delayed because there are other, more important projects to code for cayorion.
One of them is fixing some bugs in the races, another one is finalizing factions and all or that AFTER sharding is running smoothly and mostly bug free.
Don't forget the disadvantages, they are pretty significant too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.