Archived Ways Of Improving Overall Pvp Community Player Base

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

thor5648

Ever Waiting
Reaction score
So due to the lack of PvP in the past year or so I have come up with an idea to draw in more pvpers from ALL over. This suggestion is not very original as I have seen it used on the largest known PvP server there is, and it brings in THOUSANDS upon thousands of players to come try to win it. This would require the staff putting in a large amount of effort, but overall it would increase overall income of massive craft by a great deal. The idea is a large scale tournament, with the winner of this pvp tournament taking in a cash prize that could be anywhere from $100-$600. Where would this money come from you ask? Well the tournament could fund it in a multitude of ways. We could have an overall pot that papers pay to get in. Say we get 200 players trying to win, if each puts in $1 then the winner takes all $200. Another way we could do it is fund the cash prize through the server's pocket, and it would most likely repay itself. An average pvp tournament with a cash prize on the server I was previously talking about has about 2000 people play in it, and it lasts about a month. Imagine if even just 10% of these players stayed on massive craft because they see it is a very cool server with nice plugins and an awesome community, all of them get premium, boom! That is $1,400 if we take half of that, $700, and put it in the pot and advertised right, then trust me we could get a TON of pvpers duking it out on MassiveCraft.

We would need the following things for this to work, trust me I have been staff on a big name pvp server and I KNOW what pvpers will and will not do.

• A server and computer solely dedicated to this event, any lag could scare off all big name pvpers and potential advertisers
  • Advertisers, pvpers following you tubers such as stimpy, tehacepvp, combodombo and many more, luckily for us I am connected with many of these pvpers through Skype and have played with them in the past and I guarantee if myself and possibly @Cayorion were to ask them if they could help us out advertising for this huge player versus player tournament they would be more than glad to help spread the word to their thousands of subscribers.
  • A controlled environment. It would have to be a vanilla kit, or possibly kohi, not god apples, NO MCMMO, NO PREMIUM BUFF.
  • Lots of time and dedication by the squire staff. If given the opportunity I would gladly take the helm on this project as I have time for the next three months to play around an hour or so a day, and can put in lots of work to making this happen.

Let me know what you think!!!!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Mmm I agree with this idea. The main problem with Massive PVP is the Mcmmo, and Prem buff, as the people who have farmed Mcmmo levels for years have a far greater advantage against newcoming Pvpers (Who might have potential). If a newcoming Pvpers were to be killed solely on Mcmmo skills and Premium buffs, im sure they will instantly leave the server due to an unfair advantage. On the other hand, the only thing that makes MassivePvp unique from other servers is their Mcmmo, Traits, and Prem buff that are implemented into the Pvp environment. If you want more people to Pvp, remove Mcmmo, and prem buff. But if you want people to have a fun-long lasting time, keep Mcmmo, and Prem buffs. Right now, im "Meh" but don't remove Mcmmo. I've wasted to much time farming ;3

P.S I love the tournament setup where people pay and winner takes home a prize. Pretty sure that will draw a bunch of Pvpers into the server!

Does the server have $500 to spend? And with regards to mcMMO & Premium Buff, remove the latter and keep the former - make sure that the advertisements note that PvPers should spend a week or two in advance grinding their stats up so they can hold their ground. Since you PvPers always say "it only takes a week" put that theory to the test - I'm sure plenty of people will spend that week or two in order to try to win $500.

Making them work a little on the server beforehand will also help them realize just how the server works and what it is normally - so the PvPers would need to get their raid on to keep the newcomers interested by making it look like PvP is an extremely active part of Massive. Everybody involved has to work at it, which seems only fair.

Does the server have $500 to spend? And with regards to mcMMO & Premium Buff, remove the latter and keep the former - make sure that the advertisements note that PvPers should spend a week or two in advance grinding their stats up so they can hold their ground. Since you PvPers always say "it only takes a week" put that theory to the test - I'm sure plenty of people will spend that week or two in order to try to win $500.

Making them work a little on the server beforehand will also help them realize just how the server works and what it is normally - so the PvPers would need to get their raid on to keep the newcomers interested by making it look like PvP is an extremely active part of Massive. Everybody involved has to work at it, which seems only fair.

To me, this idea is golden. <3

Seems good, anything to make the pvp on this server as fun as it used to be.

A major problem I can see is that almost no one will stay after it is done. Chances are they would only do it for the prize and then go back to playing on their mainly pvp servers. And I don't think Massivecraft has that kind of money to spend.

Not really a theory.
/seen traxex20

Highest axes and 1k in everything and has been playing for ~8 months.