Want To Make A Noble Character; What Are Some Options?

Discussion in 'Help Central' started by Boss_of_Runes, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Boss_of_Runes

Boss_of_Runes

Hello! I've been wanting to work on a noble character for awhile, and I think I figured out a good character idea for one!

I'm curious about options of how to get her active in the noble community (aside from going to events). I've heard ideas like marrying into a family/joining a family, which I am thinking about! Though I don't want her to just suddenly appear, so I had it that she had left for awhile, and then returned (Maybe for status reason or because she was homesick).

So here's a little information about her. I haven't worked on an app yet in case I won't be able to for some reason or another:

Ather Dalanthan

-She is an Altalar (Suvial) that has recently returned to the city of Regalia, after having left for the majority of her childhood and teenage-hood.

-She is a bit of a bookworm, and is highly interested in history, literature, the arts, etc.

-She a stubborn type that occasionally likes to joke around, and she enjoys watching other people's actions and hearing of the rumors (though she is not the type to spread them if they're extremely petty). Though a lot of the time she can seem reserved.

Sooo if ya' wanna talk with me 'bout this and some ideas that can be thrown around, talk to me whenever! Whether on this thread or maybe on Discord! (Whatever's easier). And hey, if any noble groups needin some peeps, hit me up UwU

(I also got some art I made for her, uwu)

mineaether1.png

Some fancy art of her

aethernoarmor1.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. CrimsletMonarch

CrimsletMonarch Baroness?? Dawn Songstress?? Emotional Wreck??

Hello there! I'm going to take a crack at helping you out here! Now, since this is specifically to put an already made character into a noble family, I'll tailor the answer to that circumstance.

Firstly, yes, you can join a family! In fact, if you wish to look into this, I recommend looking further into the 'Noble Families' sub-forum to research the various families, who have applications open, as well as to see the requirements they have for joining. Some might place you in trial, some might immediately accept you if you meet their standards, and some may reject you. But this isn't the only way. (Here's a link to the sub-forum: Noble Families )

Secondly, yes, marrying into one is possible, too. Though, this would very much mean having contact with the members of the nobility. As forewarning, a good chunk of the families are Ailor with conservative-purist ideals for marriageable members- meaning that a marriage between your character and say an Ailor nobleman would not be granted so easily, especially if it is one of those families. So for your Suvial Altalar this may be the most difficult and longest of options, as you need to have relationship built over roleplay. Marriage to a player character before your character being present in RP is a problem, as you'll have to find someone who is willing to write a whole backstory with you. As a result of this, I wouldn't exactly recommend this tactic.

Thirdly, you can go through the aristocrat route. I recommend this if you want to rule and rise with your own family and also have a taste of the noble scene that isn't too overwhelming. Aristocrats are basically wealthy commoners, at times with land of their own. Though, they don't rule a whole province, they can participate in Noble Progressions. You can apply to have a family become one, but there are things you should keep in mind: 1) Entering the scene as a family unit with a good amount of members would help out. 2) Having a good amount of activity and presence IRP, whether common folk or nobility helps out a good deal!

Extra Tips:
    - If you join a certain family, be sure to brush up on the information the page gives, wiki pages that are relevant and will help your character be more aware and fitting into her role when she returns, and also in current political events (i.e. Noble Progressions).
    - To have more presence around the nobility or to be able to attend events catered to them, you can interact with them when they're out and about Regalia. Another way is by being hired for events.
    - I think there should be a bunch more, but I can't think of anything else, but-- Remember to be good and courteous with whoever you RP with. Also, make sure you do your best to improve in RP skills and create connections! As long as you work hard and learn and grow, I'm sure you will be able to enter the noble scene!

If you have further questions, here's my discord: CrimsletCrown#7349

Unfortunately, I'm not the most skilled at this and I haven't been in the noble scene long, but I do hope I helped out in some way!

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Boss_of_Runes

Boss_of_Runes

thank you for the information!!! I'll look over some stuff to see what would be the best option! ;w;

4. Surrealizm

Surrealizm Refugee

You could also join as a staff member for a family