Vultaro Is Set On Fire

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Oct 20, 2014.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

[​IMG] '
    The Lamperouge Estates burn down, turning the skies over Vultaro Black of smoke

Following the announcement made by the Lamperouge family, sentiment within the Duchy of Vultaro soured overnight. The red faction gathered after vespers to discuss the plans that they had made in case their worst fear was realized, and realized it had been. The phrase "They shamed and despoiled the realm, and it would be a good thing to destroy them all" became central to the ideology of the peasantry as they rose up. Following the initial attacks of peasants on Lamperouge properties, the blue faction quickly joined them. The white faction betrayed the Lamperouges as well, making no word of the rebellion until it was literally on their doorstep. The mobs assaulted the main Lamperouge household, setting it ablaze immediately and killing the Lamperouge servants who were unfortunate enough to get caught and not immediately join the mob. The direct Lamperouge family members managed to escape trough a hidden tunnel of an old coal mine, boarding a small sloop to flee to the Regalian city as they watched their estate burn down on the cliffside behind them. They arrived the next morning in the Regalian harbor, covered in coal smudges with nothing but a few gold bars stuffed into their night dressings. The Lamperouge had gone from affluent and rich to broke poor overnight as the entire Duchy rose up against them in an event quickly dubbed "The Jackery".

The Floriano Family took the announcement and rebellion in Vultaro as a sign that the Anahera family had sided against their interests, choosing to immediately invade the Sictor holdings with their 1000 troops. The Sictor levies were completely unprepared as they had not been mobilized, what little local militia was present could not stand against the Floriano army as it marched on the capital of Vietro. Vietro itself managed to gather the local militia and bar the city, following the Floriano army to besiege it. Inside the city, the situation became pressing quickly as Vietro was cut off from fresh water and a regular food supply by the besieging army.

Following the Floriano invasion of Vietro, the Duke of Dressolini sent his troops across the border with the Duke of Alan, causing the Desiderio and di Alan armies to clash on their borders with roughly 2500 troops each. A clear victor was not evident, as the majority of the battles were simple skirmishes.

The Duke of Tureno meanwhile pledged his support for the Floriano cause, feeling threatened by foreign incursion onto the Duchy of Vultaro's independence. Their army did not move, but most positioned itself between the Sictor land and the Dressolini lands with roughly 2000 troops split equally between the fronts. Following the movements of the Duke of Tureno, the Duke of Alan was hard pressed, sending out urgent messages to the supporters of the Sictor cause to send aid immediately, lesst they lose their army and have the Floriano side take hold of the entire of Vultaro.

Following the explosion of violence on Vultaro, the Supreme Reverend of Bastia mobilized it's army, as did the Duke of the mountain chain to high preparedness. Earldom agitation started within the Typhonus realm as well, the citizens of Praginn and Brint pleading the Typhonus Lord not to get involved and shut down the borders with Vultaro. This was effectively a ruse however, as the white faction in these Earldoms didn't bother to hide the fact that they were smuggling weapons across the border to Vultaro to support the local rebellions. The people of Thessalonikon meanwhile pleaded their Countess not to get involved, to declare Thessalonikon a haven of peace in a landscape wrecked by warfare while the Rebels on Vultaro started organizing in a formal army, giving the inclination that they were in favor of supporting the Floriano struggle.

@SupremeCripple @catcat1305 @e2782 @BabaManga @Leo345678 @SexyRose_ @Ben_2025 @Feyona

2. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

((How is Regalia still a world power if its always got people waging war in its islands... xD))

3. LeoTheBootyful

LeoTheBootyful You win or you die.

Theodora smirked, moving to her desk as she proceeded to pull a quill from her inkwell, plucking a piece of parchment and settling to write her speech. The bells rung out in Thessalonikon as Etosan Unionist chants accompanied the smoke that billowed out from the coast of Ikion and Thraceia.

She would withdraw her support, but soon the time would come where her influences spread far across the Eastern Peninsula. The Komissa's dark red lips pulled into a coy grin. Her golden circular earrings bobbled about quietly within the masses of her dark, curly hair, and soon word had been set upon paper. She moved to address her beloved people.

((@MonMarty @SupremeCripple @SexyRose_ ))

4. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Let's just say the nobility have recently gotten very good at making the wrong decisions :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

((I'm glad I got out of that rats nest when I had the chance lol))

6. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Leugel Viduggla's eyes grow extremely wide upon hearing the news brought by his servants in Regalia. He wondered what result this sudden, fiery conflict woul be and if the North was truly safe.
    ((Well, won't this be a pleasant next few days))​

7. Phon_Senajan

Phon_Senajan Out there ON the sun

((Oh god, the horror level is too damn high. I feel like it's a mistake making a noble app now))

Phon sighed as he thought about all that happened just in a single night. Manors burnt, guards rank torn apart by the need of survival, and the ultimate escape of the Lamperouges. He'd boarded another ship to New Ceardia as soon as he can after all this..horror. But first he has to do something. He takes out a piece of parchment and writing materials borrowed from other people and begins writing down a skewed letter to his employer.

"Dear Tristan,

I know this is a tough time for both of us but if you would happen to need somewhere quiet to get away. I own a farm in New Ceardia and would be welcome for you and your family to stay over. But as for now I am not going to enter Regalia until all this racket is over(and hopefully never, lest stress drives me mad again). Please respond to this letter about what you think and if you need anything I could spare.

With high regards
    Phon Senajan
    "

He then sighed deeply as he sends the letter on its way, and quickly packs whatever he has before NOPE-ing out of the archipelago back to the place he calls home.
    @SupremeCripple

8. LadyRose_

LadyRose_ Ithanian Princess

[​IMG]
    Far afield from the blazing lands of Vultaro, the residence of the Red Family within Nottingham was abuzz with activity. Having been informed of the events that had taken place, the multiple rebellions, sieges and calls for peace, the House Red was evidently spending its time quickly drafting responses to the news as it arrived at their doorstep. Evidently there was a number of concerning issues with the current state of affairs, for one thing, the trade port of Redmouth, ceded to the Red family by the Sictor family was assumed to be under the same level of military occupation as the Sictor holding of Vietro.

Having spent the time drafting numerous letters and correspondences, Alistair and Yvette Red were certain in their actions involving the Vultaro crisis. Thus, the following letters were presently delivered to the respective recipients. Sealed in a deep burgundy envelope and white seal, the letters held a strong aroma of mint to them.

[​IMG]

Florano Family,

The House Red writes to inform you that it no longer supports the actions of the Sictor household in their claim upon your lands, we shall not be sending military reinforcements to either the Duke of Alan or Earl Sictor himself. However you are of course aware that the trade port that was renamed to “Redmouth” is currently held directly by the House Red itself rather than the House Sictor, as such we would ask that all military action is diverted from the area at once. Failure to do so after the sending of this letter shall be taken as a declaration of war against the House Red proper, regrettably such would mean the convergence of the full force of the Red military and its allies upon the House Florano. Such would be most unhelpful to you in your war and so we ask that this request be adhered to in a cordial manner.

Charmed,

Grand Duke/Duchess Alistair & Yvette of the House Red

[​IMG]

Duke of Alan,

The House Red regrets to inform you that it no longer supports the claim and actions of the House Sictor, we are therefore unable to offer military support to you and your household. However we respect your call for aid, as such a delivery of money and spare supplies shall be transported to you as a gesture of polite decline in your call for men.

Regrettably,

[​IMG]

Gentry and Citizens of Nottingham,

The House Red does not support the claim of the House Sictor upon the lands of the Florano family, as such, military intervention is unlikely. Should our trade port of Redmouth come under attack however this shall be seen as a direct attack on the House Red, such measures will be taken to reprimand those who challenge the House Red in such a manner. Regarding the chaos that has exploded in the East we must remain true to our dignified selves, we shall support those who act to restore peace and balance to the currently shattered land. Countess Theodora of the House Psanadarion has called for peace, declaring her land as a haven from the war.

Any such citizen within our lands who has family within the Vultaro lands, we implore that you have them flee to the Earldom of Thessalonikon immediately. We shall be sending aid for those refugees as soon as the boats are loaded and ready to depart. The Countess has demonstrated the initiative to think of the people of Vultaro in such a time, as we hope you shall as well, for your families on the eastern shores, or purely to end this violence.

As always we shall stand strong and undivided. Our prayers shall be sent to those people of Nottingham who find themselves in Vultaro, we pray that they reach their homes safely and unscathed by this brutal conflict.

Remain strong,

[​IMG]

@Feyona @Leo345678 @
    e2782 @BabaManga

9. Omnomivore

Omnomivore ⛓ Nom Nom ⛓ Premium

@e2782

[[ a;slkdjfas;k ]]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. G0atfather

G0atfather The G0atfather

Damon would sigh. He was in his Regalian house and not in Vietro however he wished to do whatever he could to help and so he wrote:

Dear Florano Family,

I hereby withdraw my claim on your land and wish to have peace amongst our lands yet again. I humbly apologize for my grave decision and for the insult it brought. My actions were missguided. I am deeply sorry for the immense amount of trouble caused. I ask that you kindly remove your troops from my county as I can only imagine the fear it is causing the people of Vietro. They need supplies and I wish to get them to my people.

Regrettably
    Earl of Vietro, Ser Damon Constantine Sictor

Damon had the letter sent and he sat in his chair within the small office of his home. "What a bloody mess...." He thought. "I will send troops to Vietro if the Earl doesn't respond or accept...I will not take this lying down...."

[ I said it once and I'l say it again
    ]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

[[I'm scared of what this means.]]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ApatheticLlama

ApatheticLlama El Torero.

((Wow. I feel like the Lameprouge kind of got the short end of the stick, here.))

• Agree Agree x 3
    #12 ApatheticLlama, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  13. Johto_Jo

Johto_Jo Irresponsible Father

(( There should be a 'horrified' rating. ))

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TyrolleanEagle

TyrolleanEagle Grand Elder of Calemberg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ((Do excuse our less than stellar crest.))
    [​IMG]
    Typhonus Response
    [​IMG]
    Following the tragic events that took place in Vultaro, a series of notices began appearing on notice boards and outside of public establishments all over the Lordship of Calemerg, specifically within the Earldom of Praginn and the Duchy of Brint. Bearing the standard and seal of the House Typhonus, they would read...

"Citizens of Calemberg! Due to the recent uprising in Vultaro and the wars further south, His Grace Lord Ulric Typhonus has decreed that travel between Vultaro and Calemberg has been temporarily suspended! Armed guardsmen will be placed on the border of the Earldom of Praginn, and naval activity will be increased in the waters of southern Brint. No one will be allowed into or out of the Lordship by way of these two areas until southern activity has come to a level that His Grace deems stable. His Grace also wishes to stress to the people that this act is to preserve the stability and peace that Calemberg has been enjoying, and to prevent another disastrous battle on our soil. Long live Calemberg and the House Typhonus."

• Like Like x 2
  15. Doc_Cantankerous

Doc_Cantankerous Second Foundationer

((Why do so many people want this land?!?! It's full of angry people.))

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. A'mika

A'mika Going to approve my char A'mika and then do this,

Aaaaaand... this happened eleven days before Halloween. Stop fighting, people! Fighting equals much death and much death equals fewer people to stand against HALLOWEEN. ((Unfortunately, none of my characters would be clever and knowledgeable enough to put the pieces together that way and NOTIFY people that they're going to die!))