Vrovona Overhaul

Discussion in 'Minecraft Builder Showcase' started by SoulSunder, Apr 4, 2018.

1. SoulSunder

SoulSunder Vrovona King

Vrovona Overhaul

2018-04-04_07.39.25.png
    This is the current version of the building

Last time I redesigned this castle, I made many changes, most notably the updating of the blocks and garden to 1.11 blocks, redesigned the inside and removed that disgusting chimney and all decor. Basically a reset and update. Over time it has been given smaller updates including a side park, decoration by the current faction and some minor security fixes. This time I plan on not just updating it, but rebuild it entirely to fit anywhere I please, redesign the internal layout and garden entirely, finally add decor, removing and adding sections, and even some optimization work behind the scenes. This overhaul will dwarf the last update for sure.
    Currently on the server, the build is owned by Aurelai. In it's current form it has had decoration added in, several security issues fixes and mostly minor implementations. However, it still has retains the current shape and hasn't truly evolved beyond those changes, on top of that the leader has revealed to me she'd like to replace the building entirely. So I've decided its time for an update once again. I've rebuilt the entire structure on flat land to get a better sense of what needs changing, what can be improved and how I can implement such changes.

I will be sharing progress on the overhaul, changes made and planned changes every week. This update should be done by the end April, starting week of May. I am accepting any constructive criticisms and idea's, I want this update to be perfect.

Goals of the overhaul
    • Castle updates
      1. Make the building independent of the current terrain
      -The current build sits on a river side and isn't built to really be built anywhere. I want to create a situation where it can be built anywhere on any terrain with only minor changes to the base.
      2. Redesign the interior rooming scheme
      -The building's current interior doesn't really give a good and creative way to decorate without making some compromises.
      -Along with this, I'd like to give decoration in this version
      3. Redo the garden
      -The stream in the garden makes the path in it quite awkward to navigate. It also has no true natural feeling. Stream will also receive some much needed love.
      -I want to give the garden a more open feeling rather than the current constrained space
      4. Make all parts of the building more accessible
      -Currently the top 3 floors and towers aren't accessible without using a ladder.
      5. Optimized the building in terms for performance
      -I will be rebuilding the entire structure
      -All unseen blocks will be removed as well as the basement.
    • Faction overhaul
      1. Vrovona will be founded sometime during the summer, currently the ETA is end of June. We will be locked allies with Steadfast, Arcadia and Aurelai.
      2. The faction will be built on a 500 x 250 block platform, or about 512 chunks in total. The platform will open for anyone to PvP, roleplay or whatever they please. The castle, park and anything seen by the public will be on this platform.
      3. Park will feature totally custom trees, bushes, decorations, ect designed purely for the purpose of the faction.
      4. I plan on having all member housing and such underground, out of sight and out of mind.
      5. I'm going to make 2 /tp raidvrovona factions so people can PvP across the entire platform.

Relevant People:
    @Spectriel @BaronVonZane @DIEinPAIN60 @grizenator @Landarbeiter @TheWayMaker

• Like Like x 3
    #1 SoulSunder, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  2. ZIHAMMER1411

ZIHAMMER1411 ZiHAMMER successor Premium

nuke silos where

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. SoulSunder

SoulSunder Vrovona King

2018-04-26_02.31.59.png
    So the project is going well and in fact is being changed from a simple building update to a full faction design complete with a park, faction home, faction area's, ect. The castle itself has received massive upgrades and changes. 2 towers got reworks, 1 tower removed, garden is larger, the castle is getting decor, a moat, a drawbridge and several changes. We also have a build team now, roster is as follows:

@SoulSunder : Head lead
    @Spectriel : secondary lead
    @grizenator : structure builder
    @Siosie : decor designer
    @DIEinPAIN60 : park and B02 designer

I've also had some contributors in the form of suggestions and feedback, those being @Landarbeiter, @SubscriptShark and a few personal friends. I'll have more to come soon.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #3 SoulSunder, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  4. CnocBride

CnocBride Tunak tunak tun Tunak tunak tun Staff Member Game2

Woo!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Any vodka?? Premium

Sub giving faction advice??? Never!

6. SoulSunder

SoulSunder Vrovona King

He is helping out with the building with feedback and suggestions, nothing related to the actual faction.

7. Ha5h

Ha5h Regalian Lesser Noble

Can't wait to see it! :)