Archived Villages

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JLM45

Refugee
Reaction score
I know the worlds were created by hand but it is possible to make functioning villages in creative. I've done it before, and with the safety of proper walls and such, they could be fun rp points dotted about the world. I mean the same rules would have to apply to the npcs as factions but it would be fun.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You don´t even need Creative mode if you want to make a village.
Here are the steps you need to do in order to create a npc village:

1. Build a house with a wooden door.
2. Find 2 Zombie Villagers (Zombies have a chance to spawn as zombie villagers)
3. Splash them with a splash potion of weakness
4. Feed them golden apples. They should now turn into normal villagers
5. Expand your village with more houses. Remember for villagers to recognize a house as a house it needs a wooden door.

If you have done those steps you should now have a an npc Village.

Edit: 2 Things I forgot to mention
1. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Villager for more info in their behavior
2. Keep them seperated untill both are fully cured (it takes up to 192 seconds to cure) or they will attack eachother (the zombie will attack the villager).

You don´t even need Creative mode if you want to make a village.
Here are the steps you need to do in order to create a npc village:

1. Build a house with a wooden door.
2. Find 2 Zombie Villagers (Zombies have a chance to spawn as zombie villagers)
3. Splash them with a splash potion of weakness
4. Feed them golden apples. They should now turn into normal villagers
5. Expand your village with more houses. Remember for villagers to recognize a house as a house it needs a wooden door.

If you have done those steps you should now have a an npc Village.

Omg I have to try this:

Tehehe... I want to try this in Okyno now... we've got plenty of wooden doors XD

It works, I've done it on this server before. You'd have to splash them, feed the apple, make sure they don't get hurt, then wait a while as they shake around in horrible horrible un-undeadening.

Having an above ground unclaimed village with normal villagers, they will just be killed. Even if they don't drop anything, people will kill them just to kill them and be jerks. A few towns with Npcs, perhaps with even a couple quests scattered around, would be nice. However, I recall there being some form of problem with npcs and quests in the normal worlds...can't remember exactly what off the top of my head. That said, most efforts are currently being directed toward a quest world right now.

Aren't seraph ruins in a faction simply named -seraphruin?

villages could be protected and PvP could be disabled/villagers could be invincible

Gosh I've got no members... Villagers! Is the sollution!

Villagers are already a thing. My faction has a town with villager's in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.