Vassalship Of Hoyle

Discussion in 'Faction Announcements' started by ozgho, Aug 31, 2021.

1. ozgho

ozgho Regalian Pioneer

I have decided that Hoyle is going to become a vassal faction. In the waiting for Kingdoms, I will be enforcing vassal status on Hoyle for now, meaning that factions can fight over Hoyle as a vassal.

How to make Hoyle your vassal: Run 3 (three) "sucessful" raids on Hoyle after submitting and approving a forums War Declaration.

Why to make Hoyle your vassal: I will be paying out 100r a week, up to 500r a week, in taxes to the parent faction every Friday.

This is pretty simple on paper, however, just like every system on Massivecraft, it needs to be regulated, and I'm not *always* online, please bear with me as I check raid statuses.

Which leads to what I mean by a "sucessful" raid on Hoyle, a successful raid is any battle that pushes defenders to stop defending Hoyle, that lasts for 30 mins or until aid is denied to Hoyle. Factions looking to take Hoyle should attempt to make the defense of Hoyle as costly as possible, and the same objective is set for the defenders.
    Remember: Y'all are fighting over up to 500r a week, and the value of taking/defending Hoyle is in how long you can *keep* it, and how much you're spending on that objective.

There are a few ways to disqualify yourself from a sucessful raid/defense. These rules I am putting down to maintain a fun PvP environment for all sides involved.

Raiders: Do not attack unarmed, unarmored, and non-hostile players in/around Hoyle. You cannot control a town you massacre.

Defenders: Same deal, don't attack any unarmed, unarmored, and non-hostile players. (This should be relatively impossible though.) And do not spawn-camp the Hoyle Public Access Portal. The PAP area is for raiders to prep for battle, please respect the architecture I've tried to implement.

Hoyle is still welcome to non"official" raids, just you aren't fighting for the same reward, just one-time tributes.

Addendum: If anyone has any more experienced opinions to offer on this system and how I can improve/facilitate this system until something better is devised, feel free to message me.

Edit1: I've made more clear what defines a "successful" raid, I am hoping to set up this system to make enjoyable PvP, so please understand if I don't necessarily count some raids for matter of being "boring" I will try to be as fair as possible with these definitions.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    #1 ozgho, Aug 31, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  2. ozgho

ozgho Regalian Pioneer

Alongside this, I am also announcing Gryph as the current parent faction of Hoyle, and we (mostly me) are now under the banner of the Empire of Gryph for the time being.

Gryph will recieve "tax" payments weekly as soon as they shoot me a list of factions to Ally/Truce/Enemy

3. EricKilla

EricKilla Silferian Emperor

As allies of the Empire of Gryph, the Silferian Empire supports this move by Hoyle, and will agree to cease any hostilities as a result.

4. _Vidaar

_Vidaar Holy Emperor of Gryph

Happy to have ya Hoyle! :D

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. ozgho

ozgho Regalian Pioneer

Oh, and please tag me in any relevant War Declarations, if possible.

I may not see them otherwise.

6. ozgho

ozgho Regalian Pioneer

With some deliberation, I am implementing a rule in which a "successful" raid must take place when a "Champion" of the parent faction is online.

I've gotten a few complaints about time zones and I understand them, so when Hoyle turns over to a new parent faction, I will ask the leader for a list of "Champions" that they're willing to put forward.

These Champions can be whoever the parent faction sees fit to defend, so be judicious when naming Champions, as any raid during their status online will be counted.

Weekly tax is going back down to 100r, and the parent faction will earn 50r extra a week for each Champion, beyond the first, up to 500r weekly, or 9 total Champions.

#6 ozgho, Sep 7, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  7. ozgho

ozgho Regalian Pioneer

I have been asked if a faction can declare a raid *for* a faction at war with Hoyle, and to clarify that a bit

Yes, Factions can raid Hoyle for the purpose of Vassalship on behalf of another faction. The Declarer faction can invalidate one of these raids at any time, since there's no strategic value in doing so, mostly just a matter of pride.

Because the Parent faction may have to deal with a whole alliance network of attackers, the Champions of Hoyle may also deputize any faction or player as a defender of Hoyle as they see fit.

So long as the raid is declared at the time the Champion is online, and the Champion facilitates defense in one way or another, the raid will be counted.

As well, since I am not always online, I will count raids that take place in my off-time so long as evidence of a successful raid is provided. I will independently determine the merits of a raid in this manner based off the provided evidence, so be sure to get good screenshots, or video footage.