Various Conflicts: Second Battle Of H'rellen, Pileran Traitor, Red Plottings

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Jun 15, 2014.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

On the late night of the 15th of June 302, the Imperial fleet set sail from Regalia towards Daendroc carrying the Imperial crown Prince and his personal retinue. Linking up at Cote sur Li, Mysterious Fong joined the Crown Prince, accompanied by Joshua Kade who had recently made his way back to Regalia. Alexander Kade split off Thomas’s retinue host from the Kade army and sailed the rest onward to H’rellen, to take a second assault. Thomas Kade was left behind with 500 retinue and given free reign what to do with his personal troops.

The second battle of H’rellen started similarly to the first, Kade soldiers made their landing, this time accompanied by Azure Order soldiers and Fong Mages, and made their way to the temple now barely defended by 500 men. The overbearing 3200 Regalian Empire soldiers also had a few aces. On the front guard, Azure Order antimages, for the first time in Regalian history used in large quantities, negated all magic used by the wing mages against the Regalian troops. Strategically moving forward as a group of turtles, each one with an Azure mage at their head, the formations eventually reached the temple where the fighting soon erupted. It was clear the Elven soldiers were outnumbered 6 to 1, and their magic was ineffective.

The Elves quickly surrendered as half their soldiers fell, the rest allowed to flee the field, as the ultimate prize had been captured. Jared Silverhand who led the central storm himself, brought the crown of Medui back to the base camp, where Mysterious Fong and Alexander Kade had meanwhile made beach head expecting the prize of the siege to be presented. After inspecting the treasure for a period, it was locked away in a heavily guarded cast iron box on the Kade battleship, the Laridae. Joshua Kade was awarded with a merit star medal for his twice now successful command that resulted in a victory, first his heroic saving of the Coen and Lamperouge forces at Hellar Tellarna, and this time with his conceived tortoise formations to storm the Temple with minimal casualties. He had however suffered a severe wound. A massive crossbow bolt had drilled itself into his shoulder. Joshua had to be carried off the battlefield and sent back to Regalia.

In Regalia meanwhile, the situation became more precarious. With Olivia Pileran announcing her betrayal against her family, locals all over the Pays Sud became confused, not knowing which side of the Pileran family to support. Legally the owner of Le Grand Bijoux held the title of the land, but the Pileran family had held the title for so long, and had been so good for their people. Many would decide which side to support, and as the Anahera troops moved in to secure town after town, civil war over the Pileran properties under the invasion started looming between hardcore conservatives and breakaway fundamentalists.

Further west yet, news came from the Noir lands that a spymaster from the court of the Red family had infiltrated the Noir estates and attempted to forge a document to support the Red claim on the Noir lands. He was found by estate guards and tortured, revealing to have been ordered to do so by the Red family, shortly before being executed. The instability in the Dragenthal realm was becoming a bigger concern for the state, however the war with the Elves proved crucial, and as such, the crown Prince chose to ignore internal strife and worked towards his next goal after H’rellen.

And the many many rolls for today:
    --------------------------------
    Second battle of H'rellen rolls
    --------------------------------

Joshua Kade

Fong

Baron Morei

H'rellen
    3200 vs 500

50 vs 50 standard

+10 Emperor present
    +10 personally lead by Joshua Kade
    +3 skill cap
    +2 retinue
    -10 elven terrain
    +15 battle advantage

50+10+10+15-10+5= 80 versus 20

battle roll:

19 swift victory

wounded rolls

Joshua
    50-50
    -10 elven terrain
    +3 skill cap
    +10 retinue

53 versus 47

roll: 9 glorious effort

baron morei: 10 average injury
    Jared silverhand: 61 average contribution

Roll for crown presence:
    50-50
    result: 29 crown is present.

capture roll for crown:
    50-50
    result: 34 crown is captured.

crown is fake or naw roll:
    result: 58 corwn is not fake.

crown is magically cursed:
    result: 76 naw, crown is not cursed.

------------------------
    Red claim on Noir Lands
    ------------------------
    Standard 50-50
    +20 proximity of lands
    +5 same social standing
    +5 Ex dragenthal fraction

50+20+5+5=80

80 versus 20

roll result: 98 = attempt foiled and a disasterous failure, spymaster captured and divulged information

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #1 MonMarty, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  2. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

((Well, this entire situation is getting even worse.))

Leugel reads the letter sent from his auctioneering company in Regalia and swears more about the Consortium yet then praises The Crown Prince for his excellent job.

Yung-Li meanwhile, immediately burns anything involving her contact with The Reds.

Lanaskan meanwhile, is having the time of his life as Regalia tears itself apart yet is sad the Crown was taken.​

#2 HydraLana, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  3. jamstersaber14

jamstersaber14 Jamie_KI

Kaylic takes one look at the note at walks away, not needing more things to complicate his life.

4. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

How would this affect Valentino, with the second battle? I had sent a letter to Fong trying to switch over to his troops but received no reply before this - Val didn't leave the area really, he likely would've been on the Fong ships as I believe the majority of the land host had done that? So I'm wondering where he ends up in all this (he would've tried to be part of the battle, but now that has been done)
    @MonMarty

#4 Azas, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  5. PaulaDeen

PaulaDeen qt pie

Once again, a Pileran servant arrived at the gates of the palace in Alberta, holding a letter from Olivia Pileran. Written in rushed handwriting, the letter reads:

Dear Ser. Anahera,

Though I know how badly you would like the duchies of Cannes Pays and Rochellais, it seems I do not have the power to give them to you, because they are Sylvia's. However, with your assistance, I'd like to preform a "hostile takeover" on Pays Sud, giving all land previously owned by Sylvia to me. After this has been completed, your family shall be rewarded with Cannes Pays and Rochellais. I cannot do this alone, and you have my word that the two duchies shall be yours in exchange for your help. I do hope you'll get back to me as soon as you can, and that we can find an agreement in these unfortunate times.
    Sincerely,
    Olivia Pileran

@BabaManga

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

Meanwhile after the battle, Wolfryk is at the camp sharpening his axe.

7. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

You probably have the choice to yourself for this, either join the Kade Fong army or join the Typhonus army. You weren't a retainer on the second H'rellen battle, but if you were there, you would have functioned as a simple foot soldier.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

I was under the impression the Typhonus army had withdrawn? If so he would've fought with the Kade-Fong host. How would fighting as a foot soldier affect the battle experience stat for Val, and would he need a wounded roll?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. _Nick__

_Nick__ Nicholas Ceadon

@Azas only commanders and personal retinues get rolls I believe