Vakgar’s Torch

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Carcalla, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

[​IMG]
    Forge & Smithy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Vakgar’s Torch has been going on for a little over three-decades, ever since the mass exodus of the orcs from Guldar. Some of the Arak who helped create the giant rafts made a pact that they would continue to further the orken tribes even when they landed. This was carried on by their children, being very secretive, as to prohibit Orcon suspicion of an uprising. After the Altalar, they would investigate the metals used by them, taking a great interest particularly in Ferr-Iron from Ceardia that was imported from Altalar warlords. However, they had bigger worries, the Arak would begin the construction of the city Konton they would help mildly but nothing all that much. Konton would be the primary source of the Torch up until 308 A.C.

The business in Konton would prove to be a huge success as over the years it would learn how to work with more metals and record them in the libraries there. They have a huge estate over there that is run by the Arak yet heavily supervised by the Nothera, it still prospers though. Many Arak that come from Konton are scared of the Nothera to this day because of how violent they are in the Polorc. In Konton it is a huge industrial forge underground the large estate, unlike what is ever seen in Ailoria, it was paid off for over centuries of hard work. This is where Enki Ningishzida was born and then he would continue to run the Torch from it until he moved to Regalia. Enki would prove to be one of the most successful business men that the Torch has ever seen.

Enki Ningishzida would take over the Torch come 262 A.C after a particularly tough five years of infighting. What led to him taking the reigns was his mastery of Blacksteel and the business that he procured from the Orcon making it. This would be Enki’s trademark metal years come and something that he would use to his leverage since he was fifteen. Enki was very unpopular against the Nothera for his boldness yet popular with the workers as he actually stood up for them, despite getting his ass kicked. In 300 A.C he would move the Torch to a small business in Regalia, but wouldn’t go there until 308. In 308 he ran the business there where it has been more successful than ever, primarily due to Enki playing the nobles games and appealing to their interests. This is where the Torch stands now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We are currently situated at boulevard5 in Mainstreet! Here are some images you can use to find us, I hope that they help!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Forgemaster- This is the top dog of the forge, the people trusted with running and owning the forge, allowing it to be used for its intended purpose without straying far from it’s goal. These guys are the ones to be treated with respect, Enki Ningishzida is the top Forgemaster and has the ability to fire anyone at any given time, this is a basic understanding of the forge.
    Enki Ningishzida @Carcalla
    Sizaeli Dalma @Sparklefoxez

Smiths- The bulk workforce of the forge, these guys are what makes the forge run, the fuel to the fire. Without them the Torch is nothing so they are to be respected as such. Enki sees disrespect to any of his employees as a deep travesty and will amend it through peaceful means or otherwise.
    Hreidmarr Bluntboot @RejectedNerd74
    Karamba Singatheh @HuskyLeader
    Notum Ira @PastaPastrie
    Zylriath @War_pig

Engineers- Another one of the major factors in the forge, these guys were introduced when Enki moved to Regalia as orcs are mostly wary around Clockwork. These guys are jewellers and engineers, some of the most diverse people in the entire forge and often some of the most skilled. These people are valued above all and applying for such is encouraged.

Tailors- Usually a role only needed filled by one person, these people are often very talented as well as talkative. They wrap the handles and make a majority of leather and cloth armor, a very skilled set of individuals. Though not the main workforce, they poke the hypothetical fire of the forge as without them there would be a lot more hand pain.
    Margarethe Black @Senpah
    Odette Wallace @SummerWhine

Carpenters- A seemingly lucrative trade in Regalia, these men and women are trained for their mastery. Originally made to make hilts and other minor tasks, they’ve found themselves for taking commissions for far more things. Enki enjoys their presence, he finds them fun to talk to.
    Oscar Theodad @minecraftsman03

Apprentices- Apprentices are taught under the Forgemasters (primarily Enki) to be like them or better. Apprentices are often treated ruthlessly and are expected to fill shoes they sometimes can’t yet. To say the least it’s challenging and no one blames them for quitting. Enki is a hard man to please.
    Volraun Vol-Guthrain @TalkChat
    Iain Daly @Ampers07

Secretaries- Those that run the business side of the Torch, these people are often skilled in some type of Proficiency Case Skill. They run the side Enki doesn’t really care about but they usually work closest with Enki. You cannot apply for this position on forums as it takes a good deal of trust to win Enki over.
    Masika Salah’h @Springheel
    Jegh @GnomeyXx

Bouncers- Considering Enki can’t fight for the life of him, bouncers were inevitable when it came to opening the Torch. These are the toughest of the tough and used against Arcane foes. The only arcane people that can apply are Archbloods and only five bouncers can be active at a time, no more.
    Einar of Goretaan @bahmGe
    Analia Verluer @Clewii
    Camilla dei Moreno @Ailethi
    Jaydenoriane Bodhi Beahan @KadorThePotator
    Sarp @sarpbp

Note that the Smith and Engineer role need 15 points in Metallurgy or Fineart Sciences respectfully. If you do not have 15 points and still want to work for the Torch, apply for the Apprentice rank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The title for this is pretty self explanatory, but for those not aware of the concept let me explain it to you. For the Torch to get some of the more expensive metals out there, they need to be sponsored by nobles in order to get them. Without them we would be powergaming and that’s not exactly something I want to do. All of these sponsors were gathered ICly and if you want to get a sponsorship, shoot me a DM and we’ll set up a meeting. For now, here are our sponsors.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I like to think that a business is completed once everyone has a uniform on, so I commissioned one from the wonderful @Hutydan. These took a lot of time and effort to get done so it is appreciated that you wear them. If you don’t, Enki will have you attacked by his 100 lbs Rottweiler named Makosh and then fire you. Please wear them, they took a lot of time and look really nice.​

Male Uniform
    [​IMG]

Female Uniform
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    IGN:
    Character Application
    Past Punishments:
    Discord:
    Letter to Enki:

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 Carcalla, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  2. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

Reserved!

3. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

To Amorak Oakenforge;
    I am well aware of the Dwarven capabilities, one of my closest friends is a dwarf and I am well aware of your soul abilities, I envy such. Because of my deep liking of Dwarves and considering how skilled and hardworking you seem to be, consider yourself Hired. Your shift will start May 31st, tomorrow at the time of writing.

Sincerely,
    Enki Lok-Ningishzida
    Forgemaster of Vakgar’s Torch

4. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

IGN: MidnightRey
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/kadaen-aldor.83257/#post-965967
    Past Punishments: None!
    Discord: MidnightRey
    Letter to Enki: Greetings! My name is Kadaen Aldor, also known as Tanicius Kranun. I am an Altalar whom has over +20 years of experience with the usage and creation of Clockwork. I am currently looking for a job and heard of your business. And thought I apply. I hope we meet sometime soon.

5. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

Kadaen Aldor;
    There is a market for engineer that is currently untouched except for a single business run by Qadir and Songaskia, your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Because of this, considered yourself HIRED but I do hope that we can work side by side.
    Sincerely,
    Enki Ningishzida
    Forgemaster of Vakgar's Torch

6. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

Edit- Removed Pricing sheet as it grew pretty useless and added a Noble Sponsor lists so I can keep track of all the houses I have deals with.

7. CrashAtRoswell

CrashAtRoswell

IGN: CrashAtRoswell
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/peter-crash-roswellian.84904/
    Past Punishments: N/A
    Discord: Roswell#1522
    Letter to Enki:

Hello Mr. Ningishzida, I'm writing this letter to you about the inquiry of obtaining a apprenticeship at your forge. I'd like to apply for a position here, I'm not well trained but very eager to learn. I've recently come on hard times and more regals as you mentioned in the Willow is intriguing. I'd love to work here, please consider.
    -Peter Roswellian

8. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

Dear Peter Roswellian;
    I greatly appreciated you application to Vakgar's Torch and smithy, I'd be happy to take you under my wing as an apprentice so I would consider yourself hired. Your first shift will start the day after this letter arrives to you, until then I hope that you remain well and within working condition.
    Sincerely,
    Enki Ningishzida

9. AnimalisticArts

AnimalisticArts The Lonley One

IGN: AnimalisticArts
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/asurinya-the-forgemaster.83701/
    Past Punishments:
    None
    Discord: ItsTheHomie#5641
    Letter to Enki: The letter was scribed in neat black ink, written in fancy Modern Altalar, though there were some notable slips of the hand, as if the writer was a bit out of practice with his scribing.
    Greetings,
    My name is Azsurinya Sor'Vessir Ath Tel'Cillis Mault. I'm a master smith hailed from the deserts of Farah'deen, and Teled Methen. I've learned both Songaskian and Altalar forging techniques in my time studying there and have spent well over thirty years perfecting my art. I would be honored to garner a job at Vakgar's Torch, and I do believe I could provide a spark of life and interest in your establishement. I do hope you consider me for the job.
    Dragons Guide,
    Asurinya​

10. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

To Asurinya Sor-Vessir;
    Good evening mister Azsurinya, as a forgemaster who recognizes an Altalar’s incredible forging technique, I would like you to consider yourself hired, I hope that we can be prosperous together. Come to the forge at boulevard5 sometime so that I can see your practices in person, I look forward to the day.

Sincerely,
    Enki Ningishzida

11. SleepyIsVerySlep

SleepyIsVerySlep Socialite Doctor

IGN: sleepyisveryslep
    Char App: snip
    Punishments: Nah
    Discord: u got it
    Letter:
    To Enki, the orc I talked to.
    I am Jinleil, the Dwarf you talked to about employment in your forge and after thinking about it further, I would like to officially apply.
    From,
    Jinleil Rockport.

12. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

Im too tired to write a letter but Accepted!

13. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

Denied you can PM me over forums if you want a more detailed response on why.

14. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

Edit- Thread got a facelift! Adding a uniform and fixed the Noble Sponsor thing that was glitching. But anyway it looks really nice. Also, new lore instead of just Enki opening in 308, I made it far more interesting so enjoy!

15. Kadoren

Kadoren I do the gamer things

IGN: KadorThePotator
    Char App: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/jaydenoriane-bodhi-beahan-jayden.85736/#post-971665
    Punishments: Nope
    Discord: KadorThePotator#9474
    Letter: In sihndar (He will read it out to you)
    To Enki,
    I have just recently gotten here in regalia and it would be a pleasure to protect your forge with my life from those filthy vampire's, kathars and werebeasts. You know of my people and that we do not back down no matter the abberant, if you accept my application I will keep this forge as protected as can be!
    Sincerely, Jaydenoriane Bodhi Beahan......Jayden

16. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

Dear Jaydenoriane Bodhi Beahan;
    We have met, I'm proud to say that you're hired with stipulation as I do not know you as well and I'd like to see you defend the Torch before I make up my mind. With that being said I look forward to our partnership.
    Sincerely,
    Enki Ningishzida,
    Owner of Makosh's Goblet

17. FatherBlade

FatherBlade

IGN: FatherBlade
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/korrin-dence.85960/#post-972828
    Past Punishments: N/A
    Discord: Username#4590

To the Owner of Vakgar's Torch
    I've just got here to Regalia and am looking for work. I come from a large family of crafts-dwarfs, and I've experience in smiting, carpentry , and general labor. I've had to work hard in the past to provide for those close to me, and i intend to do the same here. If you're looking for a hardworking, reliable dwarf who is competent in most task you give him, then consider hiring me for one of your craft-persons position.
    I'm also no stranger to fighting, if you need an extra pair of hands guarding the smith.

18. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

To Korrin Dence;
    Good evening sir, I figured out your name through retracing with the courier, but next time make it easier and sign your name yes? Either way, it is about time I wrote back, thank you for applying and consider yourself part of Vakgar’s Torch as an apprentice. Anyway, consider yourself hired.
    Sincerely,
    Enki Lok-Ningishzida
    Forgemaster of House Guthrain
    Owner of Makosh’s Goblet

19. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

Still Recruiting!

20. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

IGN: Ampers07
    Character Application: Iain Daly
    Past Punishments: None
    Discord: Ampes07#1530
    Letter to Enki:

@Carcalla

Sir,

First off my name is Iain Daly, my full name is a good bit longer tbut for times sake simply Iain Daly will be fine. I am an Eriunin that's somewhat new within the city, I have visited here before but now I find that I'm likely to stay and I happened upon your forge and found it to be a potentially perfect place to work. I'm trained at the school of Lancyon but my passion is metal-smithing and working with my hands in general. I think your shop has the things I'm looking for and will need if you'd have me.

Signed,
    Iain Daly

21. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

Hired! As an apprentice!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  22. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

Need more members! Bump!