Usivro Kotiallvir

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Pilotos, May 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Pilotos

Pilotos Traveler

Basic Information
    • Full Name: Usivro Kotiallvir
    • Race: Half-Model Kathar (Zolathar/Solstithar)
    • Always Carries a Minimum of 50 Regals (5 Tenpieces)
    • Quill Pen

Skill Information

35/50 Regular Points Spent
    15 unused

Proficiencies

Combat:
    • Sword Combat +5
    • Dagger Combat +6
    • Light Ranged Combat +4
    • Shielding Combat +4
    Non-Combat:
    • Sailing Art +10 (Hobby Points)
    • Construction Art +5
    • Medical Sciences +5
    Roguery:
    • Rogue Gift 4 +3
    • Wall Climb 3 +3
    Body Shape
    • 0.5x 10 Sailing
    • 1.0x 5 Sword 6 Dagger 4 Shielding
    • 20 Physical Stat (Capped)
    • Athletic Body Shape
    • Low Body Fat
    Languages
    • Common
    • Kathar Altalar (Mother)
    • Modern Altalar (Father)
    Special Traits/Spells/Mutations

Kathar Abilities:
    Regular Kathar Abilities
    Realm of Want (Primary) (From Zolathar Parent)
    Sollerian Insight (Secondary) (From Solstithar Parent)

Mundane Techniques:
    Light Shot
    Rogue Gift 4
    Wall Climb 3

Visual Information
    • Eye Color: (Brown)
    • Hair Color: (Auburn)
    • Hair Style: (Curly Unkempt)
    • Skin Color: (Simple color description)
    • Clothing: (Sailor Clothes/Knight Outfit)
    • Height: 6'1"
    • Preferred Weapon: Arming Sword and Dagger

Personality

Option Two: The Core List
    Lawful Neutral
    ENFJ-A: The Protagonist
    Evolution Cultism 8/10

Personality (Expansion)

Life Story (Required)

Usivro was the product between a Zolathar mother and a Solstithar father joining hands as a result of an arrangement between the two clans. Despite the traditional dislike based on tribal backgrounds, the Zolathar family sought to secure placement in the Regalian Archipelago at a higher level of trust in line with the ties that the Solstithar family already had, and in exchange, the Solstithar family was interested in enriching its current wealth. The Solstithar family also had a condition that the child be raised leaning more towards Solstithar standards.

Usivro would be born on May 3rd in 282 AC in the Girobalda region, in a town along the coast. His early childhood before the age of 7 was occasionally spent on different ships and watching the activities of traders, legitimate or otherwise. Upon reaching the age of 7 however, he was inducted into the a class of pages at the Castillo de Monzon, where the bulk of his education and his career would begin. It was decided before his birth by most of his family elders that Usivro should be used to uplift the standing of his family. However, it was also the idea of his father to provide him with a higher opportunity of education and training that would be in line with the ideals of Evolutionary Cultism and a favor owed to a Monzon he once sponsored in the fighting pits.

In the duration of Usivro's education he would grow fond of historical tales, especially ones based on travel and exploration. This instilled a drive within him to seek opportunities to visit various uncharted areas once his independence would established. Upon becoming a squire at 14, he would urge the knight that he served to choose missions that would result in journeying throughout and outside of the Regalian Archipelago. Due to this, Usivro initiated the beginnings of his sailing ability alongside his combat practice and basic mercantilism. Towards the end of his service as a squire, Usivro's mentor would bid him to further his education and understanding of the wider world while remaining on the path of a Monzon Knight. Usivro would graduate from Castillo de Monzon at 21. Afterwards, he would spend three years in the Archipelago, taking on local work on a frequent basis that paid well, mostly in gold instead of prestige. This allowed him to build up a modest sum of coin meant to take on longer travels in a vessel of his own. In staying close to home he offered much of his services to communities that were in good graces with other Kathar, allowing him time to strengthen some of his familial bonds that were left stretched thin with his childhood and teenage years left in service as a squire. At 24 he had honed an improved talent in subterfuge that would assist in the activities of more major independent undertakings.

In Usivro's adulthood after graduating from Castillo de Monzon, he began to practice Evolution Cultism by engaging in worship of the deity Herpaal, The Bleeding Crown. This choice felt appropriate given his pursuit of glory through combat in scenarios that were both high-paying and high-risk. Usivro has never forcefully taken the blood of enemies, but in the instances of duels or other negotiated conflicts, he requests permission beforehand to use his opponent's blood for a ritual service to Herpaal if he is able to prove his worth. Even in a successful bout, blood is never gained through combat, and only once his opponent reaffirms their choice does he finalize an exchange. In Usivro's encounters he has also found it beneficial to further his worship and his work by pursuing vampires and other related entities responsible for the stealing of blood, a crime against Herpaal. When outside of the pressure of battle, Usivro seeks out similarly inclined individuals or groups groups for a chance at practicing without combat. Through his dedication, the knight has gained some basic medical knowledge. Usivro's parents were worshippers of Abbados, The Thriving Beast, but they had no qualms about Usivro aligning with Herpaal and even encouraged him to do so, as his choices and line of work were meant to temper the family line.

At 24, Usivro decided to make use of his sea-travel background and sense of adventure by traveling to Essalonia and taking on work there. This decision was taken because he had heard of the continent's offering of numerous small scale power struggles amongst minor states that could potentially offer increased payment to mercenaries. Usivro practiced an ability to secure placement in brief seaside smuggling operations and the occasion water to land sortie. He grew familiar with and fond of the Essalonian Warring States, in which various factions displayed all kinds of hierarchical structures and historical roots stemming from other lands that seemed completely disconnected. He kept note of some of them should more deals or potential enlistments ever arose later in his career. He then returned to the Regalian Archipelago, offering an appropriate share of his earnings to his home, and opted to venture to the capital to properly progress his rank alongside other collaborating and competing knightly orders.

Usivro returned to the capital of Regalia at the age of 27 to join elements of conflict and intrigue within the city. He has sought to further his connections in both his faith and his order. He also has opted to attempt to spread his name far and wide using the capital's convergence of unique resources, and to engage in contact with those who have shared a similar interest in the wider world.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Pilotos, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
  2. Mollymock

Mollymock Regalian Citizen

Claiming this app for review.

3. Mollymock

Racial boosts only kick in at a 10 point investment. You'd need to put in 5 more points to unlock this.

Given your character is a Monzon Knight, I do not believe it possible for them to have also attended all three of these schools. Training in Castillo de Monzon would begin at the age of 7 and would continue uninterrupted until the age of 21. Given that schools take 3 years to graduate from, and your character is only 28, this would make it physically impossible to have attended them. Beyond this, Monzon are supposed to be career knights. The order is everything they know, and to think about pursuing a career outwith that is unthinkable, and near traitorous. I am currently discussing with the knight system GM to see if attending these schools would be allowed or not. Once you have made your other edits, I shall give you the verdict of this discussion.

8/10 is a rather pious approach to faith. In addition, it is strange to worship the general Cult of Evolution, and not just a single deity in the faith (especially considering how they contradict one another in some cases). Perhaps specify if there is a deity in particular they follow, and then add in a sentence or two describing why they are quite so devoted.

Make these edits, tag me and then I should hopefully have more to say regarding the schooling situation.

4. Pilotos

Pilotos Traveler

Edits are marked in red.

I changed the proficiencies somewhat, 6 points are now placed into dagger combat and the bonus is not kept.

I removed the points invested into admiral school and archaeology school, but I have kept the points invested into espionage school.
    I have added 3 points into medical sciences based on an explanation of faith added to his life story.

36 points are used, 14 are unused.
    I have explained Usivro's faith in Evolution Cultism as requested, focusing on Herpaal as his primary deity.

I have removed the mention of Archaeology School in his life story, but kept the mention of his enjoyment of travel and history. I have also removed the mention of Admiral School in his visit to Essalonia, and I understand that these schools may conflict with allegiances of the Monzon Order. I have kept Espionage School because I feel like it has a good chance of making sense for the character, given that the Monzon Order and the academy in question are both based in Girobalda and are related to rogue elements. @Mollymock

#4 Pilotos, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
  5. Mollymock

Approval currently pending an update to schooling regarding knights. It should be out by tonight. Tag me again once that is released.

6. Pilotos

Pilotos Traveler

@Mollymock
    Removed the mention of any schooling as per the rules described by the update.
    There are 5 points into Medical Sciences now.
    35 points are used 15 are unused.

7. Mollymock