By seoulmate on Jul 15, 2019 at 8:44 PM
  1. seoulmate

seoulmate Little Dove Staff Member PR2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOTE: The below change has been rescinded, as we're going to take some more time considering whether this change is appropriate before moving ahead, and trying to give more options to the Supremiums on what colors they want to have. We hear you on this one.

The reasoning for this change was the difficulty of the dark blue name being very difficult to see in chats, but this change can be circumvented by the use of faction colors, and we're looking into other solutions as well. In the future, more communication on how and why these changes are made will be relayed to the playerbase.

- LumosJared, Direction, PR.

We’re sure the players have noticed as they’ve logged on throughout the day that the colors of players names have changed!

“What do these colors mean?”
    “These aren’t the ally and enemy colors so what are they?”

Well the answer is simple! The colored tags for Premium, Supremium, and Favorites has changed! All ranks kept the same badges as before, simply changing the color of your username in chat.

Premium is yellow as below:

[​IMG]

Supremium is now a nice golden color:

[​IMG]

Favorited people are now a teal color:

[​IMG]

Staff colors remain the same blue:

[​IMG]

These changed are already in effect so you will see them as soon as you log on! Let us know of any constructive feedback for the changes on this post, we as staff would love to hear the communities opinion on them!​

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #1 seoulmate, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'Server News and Announcements' started by seoulmate, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Nitesho
    2. Ghostifish
      Ghostifish
      mfw i bought premium for the color
    3. AprilBlossoms
      AprilBlossoms
      This is ugly??? Whyyyyyy
    4. AtticCat
      AtticCat
      its great thanks
    5. seoulmate
      seoulmate
      Staff color remains the same blue it was before and no, if you buy supremium you get the supremium color and same for premium. You can favorite yourself and get that teal if you'd like.
    6. abberants
      abberants
      i smile nervously.
    7. Ndfeb
      Ndfeb
      horrible compared to old imo
    8. seoulmate
      seoulmate
      Those are the faction chat colors and can be toggled by /rc h, /rc l, and /rc g
    9. uhgly
      uhgly
      Okay but why though.
    10. ZiHAMMER
      ZiHAMMER
      Fav and staff look the same, make more difference.
    11. Arhbi
      Arhbi
      I hope there was reasoning for this change other than just switching the colours for the sake of it. The only reason I bought Premium is because the colour looked nice, and now it has an ugly yellow.
    12. Zacatero
      Zacatero
      Yeah @seoulmate what was the reason behind this change?
    13. PapidaCarrot
      PapidaCarrot
      I think a change to usernames is a great idea! However I’m not sure if yellow is the greatest choice for a premium member. And the favorited teal comes off as awkward to my eyes, far too similar to staff blue.

I think the reasoning behind this is the similarity of yellow to a favorited member, which was a cheap way of distinguishing white names in rp previously, is now the replacement for a donor position (not cheap). Because of how we used the favorite command, we ended up planting the acceptance that the color yellow is a low tier color.

Suprememium has undergone a similar effect, downgrading to the orange color which was previously premium, a second tier planted into the minds of players for roughly 4 years ($3-4 difference)

Might just be my stubborn attitude to initial changes, but I attempted to explain the jeering image the new colors are painting for me, confusion based on habit included.
    14. Film_Noir
      Film_Noir
      I'd go for a warm colour for favourites. Blue is icy cold.
    15. 65jes89
      65jes89
      what was wrong with the old colors...
    16. Betel_
      Betel_
      I think I preferred the old name colors, but perhaps the only problem before was that supremium was a bit dark. Maybe just have it as a lighter blue this time, but closer to purple on the color wheel and away from green (teal) to avoid looking too similar to the staff color. Because different color names help keep track of people in RP!
    17. MrSpideyPool
      MrSpideyPool
      i thought the supremium blue looked nice af :(
    18. Jalapeno690
      Jalapeno690
      @ZiHAMMER no like
    19. Zacatero
      Zacatero
      Yeah the old colors were good. Like unless there's some crazy reason... I can't see why they did this.
    20. Katiesc
      Katiesc
      Iunno about y’all but I dig the new supremium colour ,,,
    21. CRASHIR
      CRASHIR
      I have to agree that it's a little hard to tell apart staff from your favorites now. Making it strange to use. I don't mind the change of Premium or Suprepremium as much but those two should defiantly be made to have more of a difference. It's going to confuse people.
    22. Ryria
      Ryria
      Luckily there’s a symbol by staff names that show they’re staff.
    23. Lyee
      Lyee
      I love Supremium being gold, it makes a lot more sense, but I'm not sure about the other ones. How about switch premium and favourite maybe?
    24. Jalapeno690
      Jalapeno690
      It scared me at first, I thought yous had made @MDJTHEHERO and @ZiHAMMER staff
    25. FireFan96
      FireFan96
      I'm with Papida in that the supremium gold seems like a downgrade. I see Premium Gold as a legacy shoutout, same with Staff Aqua.

I liked using yellow as a favorite, solely because the color popped in the chat. A dark aqua will not have the same effect, making the favorites bit useless save for seeing who is online. Favorite needs a bright color in order to serve its secondary purpose.

Supremium is fine, and any color change I won't complain about. Except for gold, as mentioned before.

dark green is the only color that really has any use for nametags, so if you wanted to fool around with that, it's an option.

TL;DR, premium should be gold for legacy, favorite should be bright, and supremium can be whatever
    26. 4tv
      4tv
      this ain't it
      Edit:
      I love how the only people who 'like' it are bluenames who's name aren't changing.
      Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    27. LumosJared
      LumosJared
      NOTE: The above change has been rescinded, as we're going to take some more time considering whether this change is appropriate before moving ahead, and trying to give more options to the Supremiums on what colors they want to have. We hear you on this one.

The reasoning for this change was the difficulty of the dark blue name being very difficult to see in chats, but this change can be circumvented by the use of faction colors, and we're looking into other solutions as well. In the future, more communication on how and why these changes are made will be relayed to the playerbase.

- LumosJared, Direction, PR.
    28. ZiHAMMER
      ZiHAMMER
      Make factions blue (rp-ooc gotta be changed), return green to premium and make supremium darkgreen, cause massive's green. (so is @ridgee )
    29. 4tv
      4tv
      Delete your comment
    30. 65jes89
      65jes89
      thanks
    31. MyCatBubbles
      MyCatBubbles
      make me black and bolded thanks
    32. MrFluff1
      MrFluff1
      I don't see any changes to colors
    33. 65jes89
      65jes89
    34. Conflee
      Conflee
      Id be down for Supremium to switch to that Teal. Fixes the issue of Dark Blue being hard to read without messing with the color scheme too much. Maybe worth a poll or something.
    35. Ahrwehn
      Ahrwehn
      I love the idea of a name color change!
      The change would be way cooler if the colors were a little different from one another though.
      Otherwise, I'm really excited!
    36. aprader1
      aprader1
      Literally everyone: Hey when is 1.13 coming out for Massive as 1.14 is already fully released?

Staff: NEW FREAKING COLORS!!!!

Literally no one: Oh that’s cool
    37. ZiHAMMER
      ZiHAMMER
      Gain some iq.
    38. 65jes89
      65jes89
      go apply for tech staff again
    39. 4tv
      4tv
      imagine being massive tech staff and working every day to add 1.13.2 support and some smallbrained fool has some choice opinions on your work