Archived Usable Furniture Without Mods!~

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 8822
  • Start date Start date
This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
D

Deleted member 8822

Not Registered
Hullo everyone! Just yesterday, my brother and I stumbled upon this video that demonstrated to us that there can be workable furniture in Minecraft without installing any mods whatsoever. Here's the video:
A couple of problems I see with this is that the furniture might cause some lag for some players, and the fact that the "Item" egg gives you redstone in replacement (but one Redstone is so minuscule on the economy that it isn't even worth a single regal). Anyways, I hope you guys liked my suggestion!~

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
you can sit on stairs in massivecraft because it has a plugin, i dont see a need to go through any trouble with this. although it does look cool, its more for single player.

It offers more, and then there's the fact the sitting on stairs is really buggy at times. I like it.
i still dont see them at all implamenting it, for one, it funs off command blocks, for it to work on the server they would need to set up the command blocks in every world, and have the chunk always loaded. i dont know, i need a staff opinion... @Madus?

i still dont see them at all implamenting it, for one, it funs off command blocks, for it to work on the server they would need to set up the command blocks in every world, and have the chunk always loaded. i dont know, i need a staff opinion... @Madus?
Perhaps a regalia only thing? In the tavern?

This does have a bit of a problem. Each furniture is made up of multiple armor stands holding a block at an angle. The couch for example is made up of multiple entities. It is likely lag that is caused by multiple Item frames(which are entities) will happen anywhere with enough furniture. If it was added it should only be placed by admins, as to prevent regelia getting more lagy.
It is possible to add this without command blocks, 1.8 spiggot has a class for armor stands https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/bukkit/org/bukkit/entity/ArmorStand.html

I can not say anything on behalf of the server, but I can say my own opinion and I might know a few things others don't (coding related).

1. We don't need command blocks for this, we could for example perform commands from the console (through code or manually).
2. As @X0N3333 said this requires armour stand entities and will likely cause lag.

All in all this is interesting and certainly adds some more options in the future. I also believe we can do this better than in the video because we can have plugins and maybe minimise entity amounts or overall usability.