Unspoken Words

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Dudonka2, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Dudonka2

Dudonka2 I'm actually very tired

"Wasa, would you please stop trying to steal my food?" Taeron asked, annoyed. "What do you mean, your food? She made this for both of us. Stop being selfish!" Wasa responded as he reached for another chicken leg. "The only one being selfish is here, are you. You're taking everything!"

"I prepare some food for you two, and all you do is bicker like children," a distinctly female voice said with a chuckle. Juane appeared behind the counter. Taeron and Wasa immediately fell silent. Wasa lowered his face, perhaps a tad ashamed? Juane shook her head. "If you both wanted roasted chicken leg for yourselves, you could've just asked me. Now, be kind to each other. It's been a long day, and I didn't bring you guys here to bicker." Taeron and Wasa nodded before reaching for the chicken legs again. Juane smiled before she moved away from the counter. The woman went to prepare a cup of black tea for herself. Once that was done, she moved back towards the counter, where the other two were seated.

"So uh, how was guard work today?" Wasa asked. "Tiring," Juane responded. "Never had to do this many infected individuals in a single day. The Sacrosankt is becoming my second home, I fear." Juane then took a sip before she continued. "Oh well. Fortunately, I wasn't alone. Taeron was there with me." Taeron nodded in response, his mouth filled with a chicken leg. "When more curers are around, I want to take some time off." "What are you going to do in your free time?" "Make Songaskians more present in this city. Now that I'm president of the Conclave, some things need to be done. Ideas are welcome!" The woman took another sip after that. It became silent for a while. Eventually, Taeron spoke. "Since you're a priestess, how about we do a Shambala-themed event? It doesn't have to be huge, but I'm pretty sure it'll attract other Songaskis." Juane thought for a moment. "Hmm, that doesn't sound too bad. Spring is right around the corner, so that will work out. You know what? I like it." "If you need help, let me know," Taeron said. "Count me in as well," Wasa said, nearly spitting out his food. Juane again chuckled before shaking her head. The three continued their chatter until the late hours of the night.

"Well, I hate to say it, but I'm getting tired, so I'm going to close the bar," Juane said with a yawn. "Understandable," Taeron said. "We'll leave." Wasa nodded in agreement. "Shambala's Blessings, and have a nice night, Juane." The two were about to leave until Juane said: 'wait.' The woman walked toward the two, stopping right in front of them. "I appreciate that you guys want to help me with this event." "Of course," Wasa said. "How can we not after everything you've done for us?" "Yeah, where would we be without you?" Taeron added. Juane let out a small sigh and spread her arms. "Come here, you two." The two Songaskis stepped forward so Juane could put her arms around them. "I'm just doing whatever I can. You two are very important to me. I'd be deeply saddened if something bad happened to you guys." The woman fell silent for a moment. "You're family to us, Juane," Wasa whispered. "I know we're a handful sometimes..." "Pfft, you, you mean," Taeron scoffed. "But in all seriousness, you're very important to us. To the Songaski community, even. You'll be a great president. I believe in it." "Thank you, Taeron and Wasa," Juane whispered. The three remained silent for a moment. "Now then," Juane said on an average speaking level. "If we stand here, we might attract some night creatures. Time for us to sleep. Be safe on your way home." The woman let go of them. "If you have any ideas for the event, let me know tomorrow." "We'll do," Taeron replied before gesturing for Wasa to come along. "Have a nice night!"

--

Juane sighed as she went to bed. "A new challenge," she mumbled to herself. "I should be able to do it." The woman thought for a moment before she closed her eyes. Next week, then we'll make plans. A new month; it'll be the perfect timing. Juane drifted off to a night of good sleep not too long after.

--

Unfortunately for Juane, she never made it to the new month. Before she knew it, she was hit with an Inquest. Over an opinion that she stated out of shock. One moment she was in a cell. The next moment, she was in a room filled with eyes of judgment. Little to no preparation time. Her words were cherry-picked. Not too long after, the punishment was announced: execution by venom through the eyes.

It was a lost cause. Fighting for her life like this was not worth it. When offered the mercy plea, she declined. And thus, she was brought back to Greygate. Without being able to say goodbye, the woman faced her punishment and experienced the worst pain in her final moments.

On the brink of death, she realized that she had forgotten something. There were some unspoken words.

"Wasa and Taeron, you were the sons I never had."

@HeyItzAPotato
    @sarpbp

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Dudonka2, Mar 30, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  2. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

This gonna make me cry